Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Walmart raises starting wages, handing out $1K bonuses

http://whdh.com/news/walmart-raises-starting-wages-handing-out-1k-bonuses/

BENTONVILLE, Ark. (AP) — Walmart is boosting its starting salary for U.S. workers to $11 an hour, giving a one-time $1,000 cash bonus to eligible employees and expanding its maternity and parental leave benefits.
The retailer said Thursday changes that to its compensation and benefits policy will impact more than a million hourly workers in the U.S., with the wage increase effective next month.
The company is also creating a new benefit to assist employees with adoption expenses.

:headbanger:

Finally! now I can get that 146 inch tv

Terrible news, I'll wait around for some of the locals to let us know why.

prices will go up exponentially. Will have to shop at Target now

Careful which baffroom you use. #trannysurprise

I was in one of those the other day at Walmart and I guess they must have a cool new service where they try to feed you hot dog through a little hole in the bathroom wall.

I was like oh cool I love Hot Dogs. But I couldn't quite get it out of the hole. I just had to sort of nibble and suck on the hotdog for a while.

But it's Walmart so the hot dogs aren't very good. Kind of salty.

• Like 2

I was in one of those the other day at Walmart and I guess they must have a cool new service where they try to feed you hot dog through a little hole in the bathroom wall.

I was like oh cool I love Hot Dogs. But I couldn't quite get it out of the hole. I just had to sort of nibble and suck on the hotdog for a while.

hopefully you took a picture of it (the hole)

Wait. The libs have been saying Walmart is the debil for years. They can't be wrong, can they?

C'mon man...

Some people find those gloryous.

Walmart the villain of the Left. I guess people forgot about the 2009 bonuses passes out during the “Great Recession” while other companies were laying off workers.

Wal-Mart: $2 Billion In Bonuses For Employees

In a memo to Wal-Mart employees obtained by Reuters, Wal-Mart CEO Mike Duke said the retailer is awarding roughly $2 billion to U.S. hourly employees, which includes $933.6 million in bonuses, $788.8 million in profit sharing and 401(k) contributions, millions of dollars in merchandise discounts, and contributions to its employee stock purchase plan.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/19/walmart-2-billion-in-bonu_n_176954.html

What are the $1,000 bonuses for?

Employees over 20 years

The bonuses will be determined by an employee's length of service. Those workers with more than 20 years of experience will qualify to receive the full $1,000. However, workers with less than two years of experience will receive $200, a Walmart spokesman told CNBC.

Employees with 15 to 19 years of service at Walmart will receive $750, while those with 10 to 14 years of work there will receive a $400 bonus, he said. Five to nine years of experience merits a $300 bonus, while two to four years of service will result in a payout of $250.

if you work there for 20 years, you'd have to be in an office somewhere, right?

no way you can be at the register for 20 focking years

if you work there for 20 years, you'd have to be in an office somewhere, right?

no way you can be at the register for 20 focking years

Nope, I know one - she's been a Greeter/cashier for that long... And she has a 2nd job to make ends meet.

Nope, I know one - she's been a Greeter/cashier for that long... And she has a 2nd job to make ends meet.

Fock. ::(

tell her to start a gofundme

:lol: at the people picking gnat sh!t out of the pepper on this.

FFS....you work at Walmart so you'll appreciate anything extra.

I don't work at walmart and I'd be thrilled to get $200 bucks

• Like 2

:lol: at the people picking gnat sh!t out of the pepper on this.

FFS....you work at Walmart so you'll appreciate anything extra.

You can never win with these people.

Bonus is too small. Bonus is too big and now they're in a higher tax bracket. STFU and be happy the company is doing something for their employees.

• Like 1

You can never win with these people.

Bonus is too small. Bonus is too big and now they're in a higher tax bracket. STFU and be happy the company is doing something for their employees.

Nailed it. I knew this was a bad thing, just needed my lefty buddies to let me know why..

Bonuses for hourly employees at focking Wal-Mart are too small..

:doh:

• Like 1

I think the bonuses are great... For the largest corp. in the world, one that generates over $450B a year - I hope they keep it up.

Can size (length)? :mad:

Sam's Club shutting down stores all over the country today. Coincidental timing :sleep:

Sam's Club shutting down stores all over the country today. Coincidental timing :sleep:

Oh Lord, my town would have a collective heart attack if we lost Sam's Club.

Used to LOVE BJs (hee heh heh heh) when the boy was young. Diapers were so cheap there and wipes.

Just no need anymore.

• Like 1

Can size (length)? :mad:

Nice C's I'd say.............but saggy and unsightly long. :(

Used to LOVE BJs (hee heh heh heh) when the boy was young. Diapers were so cheap there and wipes.

Uh...............ed. Might want to rephrase that WHOLE statement.

For all you know, they are closed. They didn't even have the common decency to give employees or customers advance notice. But let's applaud the Walton's for their generosity

Houston: https://www.chron.com/business/retail/articleComments/Sam-s-Club-abruptly-closes-some-stores-in-Houston-12490832.php?utm_campaign=twitter-tablet&utm_source=CMS%20Sharing%20Button&utm_medium=social

Alaska (all Sam's Clubs being closed in the state): http://www.webcenter11.com/content/news/Fairbanks-Sams-Club-reportedly-closing-amid-nationwide-downsizing-468821533.html

Memphis: http://www.fox13memphis.com/top-stories/memphis-sams-club-location-closing-its-door-for-good/682232260

New Jersey: https://patch.com/new-jersey/longvalley/sams-club-mount-olive-closes-its-doors

cheers to Walmart

:thumbsup:

Good news. Now us tax payers can hopefully quit subsidizing their employees via welfare. Fingers crossed.

So by my calculations, if you worked there for right at the 20 year minimum to get the $1000,

that is almost a whopping $1 for every week of employment!

How generous!

So by my calculations, if you worked there for right at the 20 year minimum to get the $1000,

that is almost a whopping $1 for every week of employment!

How generous!

Just take your pittance and be happy you got anything libturd! :mad: