Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Walmart raises starting wages, handing out $1K bonuses

Just take your pittance and be happy you got anything libturd! :mad:

You assume I am liberal which is far off base.

Just think that is a pretty cheap amount if they are attempting to

reward a loyal 20 plus year worker at a crappy job

I was joking.

Wal Mart didnt have to raise the starting rate by $1 or offer any benefits at all so this isnt bad per se, but I am not going to congratulate a company that runs small businesses into the ground and employs the highest # of food stamp recipients in some states.

The forearm Republicans reflexively defend businesses and employers no matter what they do.

I was joking.

Wal Mart didnt have to raise the starting rate by $1 or offer any benefits at all so this isnt bad per se, but I am not going to congratulate a company that runs small businesses into the ground and employs the highest # of food stamp recipients in some states.

The forearm Republicans reflexively defend businesses and employers no matter what they do.

I think the point of bringing these bonuses up aren't to give props to the companies but rather Trump and the Republicans (no Democrat voted Yes so no soup for them).

Please help me to understand how any bonus is a bad thing. Plus they are rewarding longer-tenured people with more money.

More importantly, increasing the salary is a big move. Bonuses are a one-time thing, salary tends to stay. :thumbsup:

Please help me to understand how any bonus is a bad thing. Plus they are rewarding longer-tenured people with more money.

More importantly, increasing the salary is a big move. Bonuses are a one-time thing, salary tends to stay. :thumbsup:

Definitely good for those getting it.

Sucks for the same club people losing their jobs. Costco bearing them out it seems (and they pay like $13 an hour)

Please help me to understand how any bonus is a bad thing.

Where did he say it was a bad thing?

So by my calculations, if you worked there for right at the 20 year minimum to get the $1000,

that is almost a whopping $1 for every week of employment!

How generous!

Where did he say it was a bad thing?

I guess I misspoke; I'll correct to "practically worthless." Better?

I guess I misspoke; I'll correct to "practically worthless." Better?

parrot going semantics..

:rolleyes:

Like he didn't get the dude's point..

You dont have to agree with me, but $1,000 is not much for 20 years of loyalty to a mega corporation. Seems like a publicity stunt and looks like its working with the majority of you geeks.

You dont have to agree with me, but $1,000 is not much for 20 years of loyalty to a mega corporation. Seems like a publicity stunt and looks like its working with the majority of you geeks.

Of course it was. Like ATT did and then laid off people and raised directtv rates.

Like Comcast did and then raised rates. Good for those people getting the bonus...thats about it

When it's $1000 they didn't have to give and they're giving it to a LOT of people, it's worthy of praise. Not to mention to most of those people an extra grand is a lot more significant than it is to us Geek Club millionaires.

Walmart would be smart to hold a special "one-day" sale at their stores the day they pass out the bonuses. Then once the employees get their check, they can spend it all on sh!t from Walmart. :lol:

parrot going semantics..

:rolleyes:

Like he didn't get the dude's point..

I got his point just fine, but at no point did he say it was a "bad thing". That's not "semantics". There's no need to misrepresent what he was saying that way.

Its not a bad thing. Its just like, Who cares?

I'll take "hourly Walmart workers getting between $200 and $1000 that they weren't expecting" for $1000, Alex. :dunno:

I got his point just fine, but at no point did he say it was a "bad thing". That's not "semantics". There's no need to misrepresent what he was saying that way.

He's disparaging the amount..

Some of these arguments are so silly.. The back and forth, he clearly doesn't think it's a good thing..

:doh:

Its not a bad thing. Its just like, Who cares?

This is just a guess, but if Obama were still in office you would absolutely care and would be shouting this to the heavens.f

The truth of the matter is you're unwilling to give credit where credit is due because TRUMPF!!!!! GOLDEN SHOWERS!!!! RUSSIA!!!!

• Like 1

This is just a guess, but if Obama were still in office you would absolutely care and would be shouting this to the heavens.f

The truth of the matter is you're unwilling to give credit where credit is due because TRUMPF!!!!! GOLDEN SHOWERS!!!! RUSSIA!!!!

Exactly

Im assuming lots of companies have bonuses from 2008-2016. I never bothered to report on them. Nice try though. 👍🏻

I'll take "hourly Walmart workers getting between $200 and $1000 that they weren't expecting" for $1000, Alex. :dunno:

Id be willing to guess the vast majority of Wal-Mart employees who have worked there long enough to collect a bonus are either managers or some back end support like IT, HR etc.

It is nice to get bonuses. I get one every year. :thumbsup:

Im assuming lots of companies have bonuses from 2008-2016. I never bothered to report on them. Nice try though. 👍🏻

Would have been a terrible idea to report bonuses that you assumed, because you would have been called out immediately. HTH

Would have been a terrible idea to report bonuses that you assumed, because you would have been called out immediately. HTH

Well I wouldnt have posted it anyway, especially if that same company were focking Wal-Mart.

Id be willing to guess the vast majority of Wal-Mart employees who have worked there long enough to collect a bonus are either managers or some back end support like IT, HR etc.

It is nice to get bonuses. I get one every year. :thumbsup:

Walmart will also pay a one-time cash bonus to eligible employees of as much as $1,000. The payouts, which should total roughly $400 million, will result in a one-time charge that the company will take in its fiscal fourth quarter.

The bonuses will be determined by an employee's length of service. Those workers with more than 20 years of experience will qualify to receive the full $1,000. However, workers with less than two years of experience will receive $200, a Walmart spokesman told CNBC.

Employees with 15 to 19 years of service at Walmart will receive $750, while those with 10 to 14 years of work there will receive a $400 bonus, he said. Five to nine years of experience merits a $300 bonus, while two to four years of service will result in a payout of $250.

Bonuses start at 2 years, that isn't all managers and back-office employees. Total of $400M.

Also, this year anyway, Walmart employees get a bonus just like you, although you just left your previous company so I'd be interested to learn if you did get a bonus. Anyway congrats, you are (maybe) on the same level. :cheers:

Bonuses start at 2 years, that isn't all managers and back-office employees. Total of $400M.

Also, this year anyway, Walmart employees get a bonus just like you, although you just left your previous company so I'd be interested to learn if you did get a bonus. Anyway congrats, you are (maybe) on the same level. :cheers:

My last companys fiscal year ended in April so I did get a bonus. :thumbsup:

$200 is like ten cents an hour for a full time employee. Whoop de do.

You sound like the type that would push the bonus back to your manager and say, I think you or the company needs it more than I do...thanks but no thanks.

It is expected...not appreciated. Sad.

You sound like the type that would push the bonus back to your manager and say, I think you or the company needs it more than I do...thanks but no thanks.

It is expected...not appreciated. Sad.

I spent it on my family's Summer vacation. It just about exactly paid for a condo on the beach for a week with enough left over for dinners and fun. 🏖

I suppose they could have just given $0. Then you would be overjoyed, I suppose. That way you can bash them for NOT giving bonuses!

I suppose they could have just given $0. Then you would be overjoyed, I suppose. That way you can bash them for NOT giving bonuses!

Do they get free coffee in the break room too?

I spent it on my family's Summer vacation. It just about exactly paid for a condo on the beach for a week with enough left over for dinners and fun. 🏖

Which is awesome. I determine and hand out the bonus checks and retroactive 401k match at my company.

For most people working at Walmart, an extra $150+ (net) is a big deal.

Well I wouldnt have posted it anyway, especially if that same company were focking Wal-Mart.

Wal Mart gave the same dollar an hour raise two years ago. Don't you remember how the bored blew up?

Wal Mart gave the same dollar an hour raise two years ago. Don't you remember how the bored blew up?

my last raise was the equivalent of $1.50 :mad: (per wh0re)

my last raise was the equivalent of $1.50 :mad: (per wh0re)

The whole key there is running enough wh0res.

Just announced that they're firing thousands of Co managers at their locations.

Increased wages, decreased jobs.

Just announced that they're firing thousands of Co managers at their locations.

Increased wages, decreased jobs.

Forgot the part about adding assistant managers. Dropping 3,500 and adding 1,700 employees. You should give all the facts from the article you read Wiff...or at least a link.

Walmart store managers make $175,000 a year, report reveals

Walmart revealed its U.S. store managers are making an average of $175,000 a year while full-time hourly workers are earning about $14.26 per hour, according to the company’s 2019 Environmental, Social & Governance report released Wednesday. The company hires more than 1 million people in the U.S.

Newly hired employees, however, will start at $11 per hour or more — above the federal minimum wage rate at $7.25 per hour, according to the report. Key department managers can start earning as much as $24.70 per hour.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/walmart-store-managers-175000-year-report

Am I the only one that thinks $1,000 for giving 20 years to company is insulting? It’s basically an extra check if they are paid bi-weekly. Should have just given the bonuses to people with 10-15+ years for the same total expense to Walmart and told the other employees to pound sand.