Sign in to follow this  
hdaddy

Geek parentals

Anyone have any experience with installing a spy tracking app on a teens cell phone? There seems to be a big market for these and not sure which one is worth the money. Looking for something that helps track and makes sure nobody's getting into trouble.

Anyone have any experience with installing a spy tracking app on a teens cell phone? There seems to be a big market for these and not sure which one is worth the money. Looking for something that helps track and makes sure nobody's getting into trouble.

Why do you care what nobody is doing?

Why do you care what nobody is doing?

You're nobody until somebody loves or kills you...

Boy you know, my first reaction is that sounds like the kind of thing that breeds mistrust.

But in this day and age with phones and Snapchat and tide pod challenges and all that sh1t... I dont know what the answer is.

Better to just talk with him about things. As soon as you come to him with some lame lecture for something innocent you found and blew out of proportion the jig will be up. He will know you are spying and go to lengths to hide his doings better from prying eyes.

“Now now Tommy, I saw you texted Billy a dirty word!”, you are done, he will clam up and never tell you anything again. He will get a dummy cell phone to throw you off the scent too. If he’s smart he already has one.

Let the kid live his life. Your parents didnt have one of those things when you were younger and look how good you turned out. Posting at a low-rent message board asking parenting advice :thumbsup:

I'm probably over reacting and he probably won't rebel as badly as I did. You guys always say the right things...oh and I notice a lot of these are geared towards catching a cheating spouse too.

How can we tell if our wives installed it on our phones? :o

Has she ever come at you with a knife?

Recently? No

• Like 1

Very important. Gotta make sure that fetus is healthy. :thumbsup:

My kids are seniors and a sophomore. We use the life 360 app. They had to put it on the phones or lose them. Its cool and the kids dont mind. Its free.

My one friend put a secret one that tecorded everything but it quit working after a few updates.

I never spied on my daughter. I don't think you should do that. That's punk ass parenting.

They deserve some privacy as long as you know they are not breaking the law or disrespecting the rules of your household. Trust your gut. If you believe your kid was doing something wrong, well that is all the proof you need.

I never spied on my daughter. I don't think you should do that. That's punk ass parenting.

They deserve some privacy as long as you know they are not breaking the law or disrespecting the rules of your household. Trust your gut. If you believe your kid was doing something wrong, well that is all the proof you need.

I'm torn as well but I think it definitely varies with each individual kid. My daughter is almost 15 and just within the past year got her first cell phone. My ex wife demands to know her password for everything. I don't. She's a good kid and I trust her. I would hope that she wouldn't do something stupid, especially online, and I have talked to her about the privacy aspect and how nothing ever truly disappears and how it can negatively affect her in the future looking for work etc.