Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Going to Orlando end of March - Disney prices are focking OUTRAGEOUS!

Current Selections
1-Day Peak Ticket with Park Hopper Option
2 x Ages 10+ ($174.00 $174.00 USD/ticket)
1 x Ages 3-9 ($168.00 $168.00 USD/ticket)
$516.00 $516.00 USD
Tax $33.54 $33.54 USD
Prices in US Dollars (USD). Shipping not included.
Total calculated at checkout.
Subtotal $549.54

1. Don't buy park hopper. Especially if you have kids with you. There's so much to see and do in each park you'll waste a lot of time moving from park to park

Also I have 4 one day park hopper tickets I won during a raffle in eBay right now.

Current bid is $525 so you can go that route too

You can save $ by getting a ticket for yourself and picking up kids who are already in the park.

• Like 1

They get you in the first few days. Once you get past that...per day is pretty reasonable.

You can save $ by getting a ticket for yourself and picking up kids who are already in the park.

GFIAFP doesnt post here anymore :dunno:

We're heading to Universal next weekend. 2 DAY 2 PARK tix for 2 adults 3 kids w/ FL resident discount and I have a corporate discount = $800. I take a look at attendance calendars to see when they expect the least amount of crowds and attend those days. Don't want to waste money standing in line. If it wasn't for the kids, I wouldn't be near the theme parks.

Cheap basturd

I do have $700 in my paypal account :dunno:

They get you in the first few days. Once you get past that...per day is pretty reasonable.

How do you know? Your parents paid for your trip. :lol:

• Like 2

So what are you biching about? :mad:

Then I'll be flat broke!

Went with the wife (36C) and two kids a couple of years ago. Stayed at the Beach Club Resort (Disney owned) 7 nights 6 days in the parks, park hopper (for us was worth it for dining) and dining package. With air fare it ran about $12,000. It was one of those one time trips so we didn't skimp. Looking back, I say it was worth it. :thumbsup:

Went with the wife (36C) and two kids a couple of years ago. Stayed at the Beach Club Resort (Disney owned) 7 nights 6 days in the parks, park hopper (for us was worth it for dining) and dining package. With air fare it ran about $12,000. It was one of those one time trips so we didn't skimp. Looking back, I say it was worth it. :thumbsup:

So odd dropping your wifes bra size in a Disney thread

One lie in the post wasn't quite enough

Holy fock, 12k on a vacation? Man I dont think Ive ever dropped half of that, and I dont cheap out either :shocking:

Holy fock, 12k on a vacation? Man I dont think Ive ever dropped half of that, and I dont cheap out either :shocking:

1 lie wasn't enough

Disneys no joke for prices.. I can see that.

Shoot.. we only spent 5k flying from Minneapolis to Rome, 3 days in Rome... cruise ship for 7 days to Santorini, Athens, Mykenos etc.. + excursions and back.

But we dropped that going to Disney for 3 days.

Parents seem to like trips to Disney. I have never went, but I always pictured expensive torture for a week. Maybe I am picturing it totally wrong.

Can size is required newbie.

1 lie wasn't enough

Must be tough being poor. :(

Shoot.. we only spent 5k flying from Minneapolis to Rome, 3 days in Rome... cruise ship for 7 days to Santorini, Athens, Mykenos etc.. + excursions and back.

Oh Im not doubting him. I just didnt realize it gets that bad :o

Staying on Disney property is what made it so expensive. But the fact that we were within walking distance to Epcot made it very convenient to try different ethnic foods. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Parents seem to like trips to Disney. I have never went, but I always pictured expensive torture for a week. Maybe I am picturing it totally wrong.

Its fun to see how much your kids love it (havent done the Disney trip yet but it holds true for anything kids get really into). Plus maybe they get off your damn case for a while since theyre distracted and then all tired out

Ya.. you get the wife and 2+ kids.. airfare.. transfers.. tickets.. fast passes.. food.. suvoniers.. $$$$

Can size is required newbie.

Must be tough being poor. :(

putting a vacation on a credit card is the definition of poor.

hth

Current Selections
1-Day Peak Ticket with Park Hopper Option
2 x Ages 10+ ($174.00 $174.00 USD/ticket)
1 x Ages 3-9 ($168.00 $168.00 USD/ticket)
$516.00 $516.00 USD
Tax $33.54 $33.54 USD
Prices in US Dollars (USD). Shipping not included.
Total calculated at checkout.
Subtotal $549.54

Add in the Fastpass option and see how bad it gets. I highly recommend it though. Especially if you are only doing one day. Standing in line for up to tow hours suxs ass.

Well that's not even anywhere near the list for when we return tho the US this summer.

putting a vacation on a credit card is the definition of poor.

hth

Paid for it with inheritance when my mom passed. Figured it was better to spend on my family than sluts and blow. But to each their own I guess. :dunno:

Add in the Fastpass option and see how bad it gets. I highly recommend it though. Especially if you are only doing one day. Standing in line for up to tow hours suxs ass.

We did fastpass when we went to Universal back whenever wizarding world of harry potter debuted.

Harry Potter ride didn't take fast pass :mad:

Its fun to see how much your kids love it (havent done the Disney trip yet but it holds true for anything kids get really into). Plus maybe they get off your damn case for a while since theyre distracted and then all tired out

Yeah I don't have kids. I get that it is for the kids. But kids get cranky. Mass amount of people. Other people's kids. But parents seem to actually enjoy Disney. I understand they have "grown up things" I'm guessing mainly food. But big whoop.

I always figured parents loved seeing their kids that excited for something. But probably dreaded the overall trip otherwise. Just traveling with 2 or 3 kids seems rough. Couldn't imagine keeping track of them all for 5 days at Disney. Those sort of trips I always figured looked great on paper, but by day 3 the kids are worn out and cranky.

Another reason. Unless you have these fast passes it seems like the trip is almost worthless unless you catch a really slow weekend.

Travel 1500 there then 1500 miles back in order to shell out money to stand around? Sounds magical.

Yeah I don't have kids. I get that it is for the kids. But kids get cranky. Mass amount of people. Other people's kids. But parents seem to actually enjoy Disney. I understand they have "grown up things" I'm guessing mainly food. But big whoop.

I always figured parents loved seeing their kids that excited for something. But probably dreaded the overall trip otherwise. Just traveling with 2 or 3 kids seems rough. Couldn't imagine keeping track of them all for 5 days at Disney. Those sort of trips I always figured looked great on paper, but by day 3 the kids are worn out and cranky.

I almost want to stay back and let my kid go with his mom and his cousins (7 and 10)

I have no interest in wasting 200 to go to focking disney.

I' can golf and then hang out down near the pool/lazy river while they are there.

Another reason. Unless you have these fast passes it seems like the trip is almost worthless unless you catch a really slow weekend.

Travel 1500 there then 1500 miles back in order to shell out money to stand around? Sounds magical.

We got really lucky on flights.

200 for round trip, Boston to Orlando for 8 of us

I completely dreaded going leading up to it. Wanted to cancel it a couple of days before hand. Once we got there though it was way better than I thought it would be. Would do it again.

Paid for it with inheritance when my mom passed. Figured it was better to spend on my family than sluts and blow. But to each their own I guess. :dunno:

Nice zing :doublethumbsup:

Nice zing :doublethumbsup:

Really? :sleep:

I can afford a vacation without mommy dying and giving me the money

it doesn't have to be. disney will get you on virtually anything disney, but there are ways to enjoy and not pay 12k. you can also pick and choose where you want to drop you cash on disney... you do not have to do their meal plan, do not need to do fast pass, do not need to do the higher priced disney resorts. just have to weigh the perks/benefits of the costs. also depends how long your stay is. for me, a trip to orlando will be longer than to anaheim. there is a lot more to do in FL.... many more parks.

we have done Disneyland 3 times as a family and our daughter might be done. we did it differently for each visit. twice at the grand californian (great experience- love the disney hours, location, and a few other conveniences). did it once at a non-disney hotel. i was able to save on this because it was affiliated with my work. got a 3 bedroom and my mother flew down from sf. but also...these were long weekends

edit: i cannot stand crowds and negligent parents. choosing the disney vacations is less about us and all about the our daughter. i was fun seeing it through her eyes. i tend to be an optimist and put my energy into things to create positivity. we had a great time. there were moments when we needed a break from the crowds...so found some fun bars or would go back to the hotel for pool time, then go back into the parks later.

• Like 1

Really? :sleep:

I can afford a vacation without mommy dying and giving me the money

Then why are you :cry: about the cost.

:doh:

Wifey and I took a short 4 day vacation to universal in NOV

Would go again. was absolutely awesome.. Do think I would ever do Disney over it

I recently priced out a Disney world trip, stay on the monorail park passes etc etc it was in that 10-15k range with all the theme meals and whatnot.

Think wed rather do a Beaches Turks and Caicos all inclusive for that kind of $$.

• Like 1