Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Tony Romo gets special exemption to play PGA tour event.

Romo fired a -2 under par in the opening rd. of the Safeway Open.... 2 above the current cut line. :o

A. Scott is leading at -7.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Romo fired a -2 under par in the opening rd. of the Safeway Open.... 2 above the current cut line. :o

A. Scott is leading at -7.

So many people don’t understand just how good that is.  It’s focking amazing that he plays so well at that level   

My cousin has been playing golf since he was a teen and recently qualified for the USGA mid amateur in Colorado.  

He got to the course to play his practice round and saw the greens were reading 13 with massive undulation.  

In his first round he hit 10/13 fairways and 13 greens.  He ended up with 40 total putts, and finished with a 79. 

The next day was the same story but worse. He shot 82.  

Will he be available for next years silver anniversary celebration? 

-7 by the leader after 1 round shows the course is playing really low.  -2 is excellent, but light years from -7.   Making a cut would be a tremendous accomplishment.

CRUSHING IT!!    TR9

Tony's a genius really

My dream is that he becomes the Cowboys Head Coach next year.

24 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

Tony's a genius really

My dream is that he becomes the Cowboys Head Coach next year.

and those dimples. mylanta!

2 hours ago, Reality said:

Awesome, I hope he makes the cut.

CBS has a plan in place if he does. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/media/2019/09/27/tony-romo-may-miss-vikings-bears-cbs-safeway-open-boomer/3785577002/

in my next life I'd much rather be Tony Romo than Tom Brady. Tony is living the dream, Brady is a boring robot. I can live without the titles. I would definitely practice holding the snap for my kicker.

Not even sniffing the cut, shocker. Keep taking spots away from guys who are 1000% better and actually need the money though :thumbsup: 

8 hours ago, dain11279 said:

Not even sniffing the cut, shocker. Keep taking spots away from guys who are 1000% better and actually need the money though :thumbsup: 

Golf, like all the others sports is entertainment. Nothing else. They look for attention just like movies want attention by using star power. Same shlt different day. Do you realize how many people go to school to become an actor, yet they often get bypassed by others who never had training but get on tv or in the movies because they are popular for other reasons? It's just a business, and nothing more. Just like golf. And there is nothing wrong with that.

13 hours ago, dain11279 said:

Sponsor exemption. How many people is Hackey McShank bringing through the gate?

3 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Sponsor exemption. How many people is Hackey McShank bringing through the gate?

Yup.  Its not like sponsors pick like the Open where next man up on the OWGR gets in.  Sponsors can pick anyone like college ams or that annoying Asian dude that almost falls over every swing.

4 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Yup.  Its not like sponsors pick like the Open where next man up on the OWGR gets in.  Sponsors can pick anyone like college ams or that annoying Asian dude that almost falls over every swing.

She bang.

Golf doesn't exist after August.  I am assuming the field is a bunch of try-hards, or actual pros who are half-assing.

19 hours ago, Fireballer said:

FWIW that guy doesn't deserve a spot either

2 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

FWIW that guy doesn't deserve a spot either

What's the definition of 'deserve' in the entertainment industry? 

3 hours ago, sderk said:

What's the definition of 'deserve' in the entertainment industry? 

Someone who has a chance of making the cut? Romo or the Asian dude haven’t, and haven’t even came close

He who write the checks, makes the rules.

If a sponsor wants a celebrity in the field, by gosh - they're entitled to do so. Nobody is taking a spot away from anyone....... If you're getting bumped by Tony Romo - your season has been shiit already. It's on you to play better and not be somebody the sponsor can do w/out.

20 hours ago, Cruzer said:

He who write the checks, makes the rules.

If a sponsor wants a celebrity in the field, by gosh - they're entitled to do so. Nobody is taking a spot away from anyone....... If you're getting bumped by Tony Romo - your season has been shiit already. It's on you to play better and not be somebody the sponsor can do w/out.

20 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Anyone who shoots 2 under deserves a shot out there especially if he puts butts in the seats

These are the obvious and correct answers. 

:thumbsup: