Sign in to follow this  
ELVIS!

****Official 60s Music Draft**** (Complete)

1.01 TEK - All Along the Watchtower Jimi Hendrix
1.02 Zero T - Like a Rolling Stone Bob Dylan

1.03 Daino- Gimme Shelter The Rolling Stones

1.04 Vudu- Revolution The Beatles

1.05 TEK's Bunny - The Sound of Silence Simon and Garfunkle

1.06 Shots - A Day in the Life The Beatles

==========

1.07 Skids
1.08 Nzoner

1.09 Sho Nuff

1.10 HT
1.11 Big Guy

1.12 Vikes

===========
1.13 5 Point

1.14 TBBOM

1.15 Mrs. Voltaire
1.16 Volti

1.17 Sux

1.18 Mobb Deep

===========

2.01 Mobb Deep

2.02 Sux
2.03 Volti
2.04 Mrs. Voltaire
2.05 TBBOM

2.06 5 Point

===========
2.07 Vikes
2.08 Big Guy

2.09 HT

2.10 Sho Nuff

2.11 Nzoner
2.12 Skids

============

2.13 Shots

2.14 TEK's Sex Toy Bunny

2.15 Vudu
2.16 Daino
2.17 Zero T

2.18 TEK

If I had the second pick I would have went with one of two songs I've been debating over. But neither scream 60s and I couldn't start the draft that way.

Some of you may not recognized the title to this song but you know it.

There must be some kind of way outta here
Said the joker to the thief
There's too much confusion
I can't get no relief

What screams 60s more than a song written by Bob Dylan performed by the amazing Jimi Hendrix?

1.01 All Along The Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix

• Like 1

Dont you be picking my song ninjer! 😡

Im torn. The song I wanna take will prollllly be there in the 2nd round. It might be my favorite song of all time. Maybe Ill hold out and take something more iconic in the first.

Though though. Theres gonna be 30 songs picked until its my turn again.

Im torn. The song I wanna take will prollllly be there in the 2nd round. It might be my favorite song of all time. Maybe Ill hold out and take something more iconic in the first.

Though though. Theres gonna be 30 songs picked until its my turn again.

I wanted to go with my favorite too. I was debating between it and a band that would have slim pickings when it got back to me. But with the first pick and co hosting this, I had to go with something truely 60s. Watchtower may have even dropped to me, but I had to set the tone.

When torn remember it's your lineup. If the favorite doesn't fall to you, will you regret the iconic pick?

Maybe wake and bake wasn't such a good idea. While updating I found myself asking, "WTF was I doing? Oh yeah. Paste."

Wake and bake in full progress. Groovy.

Nice. I scored a little weed in Laos (they guy who runs the boat and the hotel for the overnight has a nice sideline slinging dimes).

I miss weed. That was the first of had in months.

Nice. I scored a little weed in Laos (they guy who runs the boat and the hotel for the overnight has a nice sideline slinging dimes).

I miss weed. That was the first of had in months.

I don't drink much, but that doesn't mean I don't party. Paste

Lots of Stones songs are gonna be taken so Im snatching their best one IMO. Been in a lot of my favorite movies too. Absolutely love it.

1.03 Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones

Smoked some shrooms in a hill tribe village too. The whole lying on your side from an opium pipe thing. That was fun.

Seems like many of the guides down there pad their income smoking out the tourists. The boat on the second day had many many joints going off the stern deck.

Nice. That was one of three Stones songs at the top of my list, but I was expecting something else (not necessarily better) to go first.

We all saw the picture of Nixon making you a Narc. And you can't under cover wearing a cape. Just saying.

Lots of Stones songs are gonna be taken so Im snatching their best one IMO. Been in a lot of my favorite movies too. Absolutely love it.

I told you not to take my song Ninja! Awesome song. In my top 2 stones songs for sure.

Sniped right outta the gate. Nice pick. This was my 1a. Gotta go 1b now, which is just as good.

Sniped right outta the gate. Nice pick. This was my 1a. Gotta go 1b now, which is just as good.

I know. Hoping the bigger hits might go first and sneak down. Anything can happen in this draft.

Wow, a Dylan cover song kicks off the 60's draft, then an original by the same man, interesting. :dunno:

Is there a strategy for picking TE's in the 1st round? :P

Hello everybody :wave:

Vudu

Wow, a Dylan cover song kicks off the 60's draft, then an original by the same man, interesting. :dunno:

Is there a strategy for picking TE's in the 1st round? :P

Hello everybody :wave:

Wecome to the 60s song thread

Such a lovely place

Such a lovely face

Plenty of room here at the 60's draft.

You can join all year.

We even let in this queerr

You moved up to 4th. Your up in case you didn't know

This will undoubtedly kick off the debate about which is the best Beatles song. Well never agree on that point, so Ill take my personal favorite.

Pauls primal scream, the dirtiest overdriven guitar sound to that point, add some protest words and you get

1.04. Revolution - The Beatles

https://www.guitarworld.com/artists/hear-beatles-isolated-revolution-guitar-track

This will undoubtedly kick off the debate about which is the best Beatles song. Well never agree on that point, so Ill take my personal favorite.

Pauls primal scream, the dirtiest overdriven guitar sound to that point, add some protest words and you get

https://www.guitarworld.com/artists/hear-beatles-isolated-revolution-guitar-track

Agree...great song.

Like with the Stones...its hard to fault someone having a personal favorite different to another.

So many great songs by both.

Posty probably wont vote for you for including them though. :lol:

:headbanger:

1.05 The Sound of Silence - Simon and Garfunkle

Hi everyone!! Thanks for letting me join the draft. I had a lot of fun with the 80's.

Anyhow, this one of the first songs I thought of when I thought of 60's. A lot of people have related it the being written about JFK's death, though Paul Simon has refuted that. He's said he wrote it when he was 20. It wasn't recorded until 3 months after Kennedy's death, however, so who knows.

• Like 2

My #2 Beatles song. Great pick.

:thumbsup:

A Day in the Life

Beatles.

As good as it gets

A Day in the Life

Beatles.

This would have been my #1 overall, possibly #1 for any decade.

• Like 1

A Day in the Life

Beatles.

Another great pick. It's hard too rank this decade. We won't being hearing reach until Big Guy picks.

Another great pick. It's hard too rank this decade. We won't being hearing reach until Big Guy picks.

:doh:

:lol:

Hi everyone!! Thanks for letting me join the draft. I had a lot of fun with the 80's.

Anyhow, this one of the first songs I thought of when I thought of 60's. A lot of people have related it the being written about JFK's death, though Paul Simon has refuted that. He's said he wrote it when he was 20. It wasn't recorded until 3 months after Kennedy's death, however, so who knows.

It would have been destined for obscurity had the producer not gone back and added instrumentalists to the record without their knowledge.