edjr

How can you not root for Tim Tebow?

Dude is just straight class. Everything that is great about sports, is Tebow

:cheers:

He was a waste of a 1st round pick for my team... what a bust... eff that guy (and the guy that drafted him).

Dude could have swallowed his cross and switched positions in the NFL... Orrrr... gone to the CFL-arena and honed his QB skills as others have done. He was too stubborn for that. To me, that went against the persona he always portrayed.

So he did some broadcasting and then said I'll be a baseball player. And because the Mets are, well, the Mets.. he gets a roster spot and blocks a ting guy whose been trained ing and playing his whole life for this. Because his name is Tim Tebow...

• Like 1

Dude could have swallowed his cross and switched positions in the NFL... Orrrr... gone to the CFL-arena and honed his QB skills as others have done. He was too stubborn for that. To me, that went against the persona he always portrayed.

So he did some broadcasting and then said I'll be a baseball player. And because the Mets are, well, the Mets.. he gets a roster spot and blocks a ting guy whose been trained ing and playing his whole life for this. Because his name is Tim Tebow...

You sir are a complete jack arse. What a load of crap.

Tebow was signed by 4 teams, Denver, NY Jets, Philly and Pats. Denver, NE and Philly have won the last 3 SB's, so this is probably the Jets year.

• Like 1

Of course he will...the Mets will be 20 games behind the Nats on Sept 1 and barely in the WC chase. Call up Timmy and get some fans in the seats.

They coulda done that last season

If he starts AA, and hits .250 with 15 HRs, he'll be a September call up. Given his off season work ethic, I would be surprised if he doesn't achieve this.

Tebow was signed by 4 teams, Denver, NY Jets, Philly and Pats. Denver, NE and Philly have won the last 3 SB's, so this is probably the Jets year.

😂

TT & Vince Young face the same situation. I didn't have a problem with him personally, but his fans were so freaking over the top that Tebow was essentially deemed about 12 notches above Johnny Unitas and Jesus Christ combined.

.273 Hits in 10 of last 11. No question he'll be called up when rosters expand.

He is on the DL no telling if he will be back yet

I was 100% against him taking up a spot that someone else could use all for a publicity stunt. I was wrong. Hell HE was wrong. Had he tried baseball first he may be in the majors now.

I was 100% against him taking up a spot that someone else could use all for a publicity stunt. I was wrong. Hell HE was wrong. Had he tried baseball first he may be in the majors now.

Same

He always had a better shot of making it than the average minor leaguer so thought of him taking a spot away was a non issue. . Pro athlete, workout fiend. I gave him about a 20% chance. He has exceeded my expectations. One more offseason could make h8m really good.

He always had a better shot of making it than the average minor leaguer so thought of him taking a spot away was a non issue. . Pro athlete, workout fiend. I gave him about a 20% chance. He has exceeded my expectations. One more offseason could make h8m really good.

baseball is not typically something you just decide to do one day as an adult. It's just not. To take that much time off and be able to come back to be even ok at a high level is more than I expected by far.
  • Like 1

baseball is not typically something you just decide to do one day as an adult. It's just not. To take that much time off and be able to come back to be even ok at a high level is more than I expected by far.

I get that he was a longshot. But so are 80% of minor leaguers. His experience as a pro athlete gave him a huge edge and was certainly worth the risk.

Kenny Lofton had not played baseball in his life before he walked on late in college. He should be a hall of famer. Physical gifts cannot be ignored.

When I was 14 my high school, Seminole High played Neese High. Tebow was 17/18 and Neese wanted to play our High School because we had another top recruit that year, Budd Thacker (played at FSU a few seasons) so our public school set up the game with his private school. Tebow rolled threw my school like he was playing a pop warner team. Final score was 40 something to 0 or 7? Cant really remember. But looking its surreal experience to see how far hes come.

For so many reasons of which I will elaborate when I have time

Glad to see he's doing well, works hard and is a good dude.

I saw he had a setback with his hand, hopefully not serious.

Didn't know he was injured until bandrus posted it. Hand injuries in baseball are a game or 2, or 3 months. I hope for the former. Tebow probably didn't realize that baseball players don't play through injury.

I get that he was a longshot. But so are 80% of minor leaguers. His experience as a pro athlete gave him a huge edge and was certainly worth the risk.

Kenny Lofton had not played baseball in his life before he walked on late in college. He should be a hall of famer. Physical gifts cannot be ignored.

i like the lofton info but the last time tebow played baseball had to have been high school. So he took what 6 to 8 years off before deciding to play. To be able to come back and hit pitches successfully is amazing to me and not just something most athletes could do.

i like the lofton info but the last time tebow played baseball had to have been high school. So he took what 6 to 8 years off before deciding to play. To be able to come back and hit pitches successfully is amazing to me and not just something most athletes could do.

Yep.

No doubt that he is an amazing athlete. He also has probably put 110% into learning. Lastly strength. In baseball, strength is everything. Just look at the roid era, and how it changed the perception of what strength could do.

Anybody down playing it is just talking to talk. It is rather amazing bottom line. And I don't even care for much

For so many reasons of which I will elaborate when I have time

my minor issue with Tebow was his preachiness when he was drafted, the stories of him wanting everyone to pray before the wonderlic (i believe that was true, reported multiple places at the time) and while I am not anti religion, I do hate people who project their onto others.

my major issue with Tebow was his unwillingness to accept that he was a bad NFL QB and either 1. change positions like some teams wanted or 2. Go play in the CFL or Arena league and hone your passing skills and come back... he was still plenty young enough at the time to pull a Warner but he refused to play in another league. Also his excuse was something like "it's not god's plan for me"... seriously man? To me it was just being stubborn, he had two avenues to possibly being a productive NFL player but wouldn't let go of being a starting QB or competing for a starting QB spot. Unfortunately my sad ass Jets signed him for a short period and I just couldn't stand listening to his press conferences. "im really excited, just super excited. Im very excited, excited, excited." I'm sure there are some youtube videos of him saying excited 85 times.

So he goes off to do broadcasting and then randomly decides that rather than play football in another league and continue to persue his dream, he has a new dream to play minor league baseball.

Honestly, he's not plaing terribly by any means but I still say he was just looking to remain relevant.

my major issue with Tebow was his unwillingness to accept that he was a bad NFL QB and either 1. change positions like some teams wanted or 2. Go play in the CFL or Arena league and hone your passing skills and come back..

Tebow and Kaep will always be linked because both are uber athletes, but neither is NFL starting quality as a QB (Kaep is unquestionably better than Tebow). I doubt the CFL or Arena league would change that.

For some reason the NFL never gets asked about Tebow but the the Kaep questions never end. Vince Young was another guy who got blackballed after serving for an absolute disgrace of a coach (Fisher). No one asks about him either. I have no issues with any of them trying different avenues.

my minor issue with Tebow was his preachiness when he was drafted, the stories of him wanting everyone to pray before the wonderlic (i believe that was true, reported multiple places at the time) and while I am not anti religion, I do hate people who project their onto others.

my major issue with Tebow was his unwillingness to accept that he was a bad NFL QB and either 1. change positions like some teams wanted or 2. Go play in the CFL or Arena league and hone your passing skills and come back... he was still plenty young enough at the time to pull a Warner but he refused to play in another league. Also his excuse was something like "it's not god's plan for me"... seriously man? To me it was just being stubborn, he had two avenues to possibly being a productive NFL player but wouldn't let go of being a starting QB or competing for a starting QB spot. Unfortunately my sad ass Jets signed him for a short period and I just couldn't stand listening to his press conferences. "im really excited, just super excited. Im very excited, excited, excited." I'm sure there are some youtube videos of him saying excited 85 times.

So he goes off to do broadcasting and then randomly decides that rather than play football in another league and continue to persue his dream, he has a new dream to play minor league baseball.

Honestly, he's not plaing terribly by any means but I still say he was just looking to remain relevant.

I guess I can sorta see why you didnt like him taking up space on the Jets, but the other stuff seems a little petty.

He wanted to be an NFL QB, not a tight end or fullback. He pursued that dream as far as he felt he could. When it ended, he pursued something else and is now making a halfway decent run at it.

I think it shows great determination and good mental and physical toughness to do what hes done.

Tebow and Kaep will always be linked because both are uber athletes, but neither is NFL starting quality as a QB (Kaep is unquestionably better than Tebow). I doubt the CFL or Arena league would change that.

For some reason the NFL never gets asked about Tebow but the the Kaep questions never end. Vince Young was another guy who got blackballed after serving for an absolute disgrace of a coach (Fisher). No one asks about him either. I have no issues with any of them trying different avenues.

Dude. VY was retarded. He was that generations Jameis winston.

Dude. VY was retarded. He was that generations Jameis winston.

Anyone who played under Fisher deserves a break. He ruined many careers.