edjr

How can you not root for Tim Tebow?

God hates White Wonder

Welcome to the club, God. Your member number is #A8462954167482.

Anyone who played under Fisher deserves a break. He ruined many careers.

Yeah I love this part. Nothing is VY fault. Fisher made him look bad! Except VY went to the All-Star Game his first year. And it's sure as hell not because of anything he did. His defense and special teams outscored VY all year long.

Yeah I love this part. Nothing is VY fault. Fisher made him look bad! Except VY went to the All-Star Game his first year. And it's sure as hell not because of anything he did. His defense and special teams outscored VY all year long.

VY had the best winning % of any QB under Fisher, by a mile, and Fisher ran him out of town. Of 7 QBs who started more than 10 games for Fisher, only 2 had winning records. Of 18 QBs to play for Fisher, 4 had winning records. The guy was a QB killer, and a player killer no matter what you think of Young.

VY had the best winning % of any QB under Fisher, by a mile, and Fisher ran him out of town. Of 7 QBs who started more than 10 games for Fisher, only 2 had winning records. Of 18 QBs to play for Fisher, 4 had winning records. The guy was a QB killer, and a player killer no matter what you think of Young.

Well since you're so into statistics and whatnot, check out every wind that Vince Young got that first year. Then add up the points that special teams and defense got on each of those wins versus the points that the offense got.

Giving Vince the w for those games is laughable at best.

My issue with Tebow is that I think he believes he is DESTINED for something grand in his life. That it is preordained - he just needs to follow God's path and he will achieve greatness.

This is why he wouldn't switch to WR, or play in the CFL, but was OK switching to baseball.

At some point his MLB dream will end, and I don't know how his brain will reconcile the end of his athletic career ending in professional mediocrity. Maybe he'll try to be a professional bowler or something next?

Here's my rule. It's perfectly okay, in fact completely expected to hate anyone who writes their autobiography before they're old enough to rent a car.

I'm looking at you Anna Kendrick!

Tebow and Kaep will always be linked because both are uber athletes, but neither is NFL starting quality as a QB (Kaep is unquestionably better than Tebow). I doubt the CFL or Arena league would change that.

For some reason the NFL never gets asked about Tebow but the the Kaep questions never end. Vince Young was another guy who got blackballed after serving for an absolute disgrace of a coach (Fisher). No one asks about him either. I have no issues with any of them trying different avenues.

Vince young didnt get blackballed. He went and played for the eagles and sucked. Then he went somewhere else (Pitt maybe) for camp and for cut.

Hard to believe there are people out there who actually have an issue with Tebow, to each their own I guess.

:dunno:

He could always do a cooking show...

Half Baked With Tim? 

• Like 1

Demoted? You mean assigned. He was not expected to make the big league roster coming out of spring training.

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Demoted? You mean assigned. He was not expected to make the big league roster coming out of spring training.

Maybe a few hitting lessons with Jess Mendoza and he'll be ted williams

3 hours ago, edjr said:

Maybe a few hitting lessons with Jess Mendoza and he'll be ted williams

You trying to say Jesus Christ can’t hit a curveball? 

10 hours ago, frank said:

You trying to say Jesus Christ can’t hit a curveball? 

Pretty sure Tebow cannot 

On 2/23/2018 at 11:38 AM, edjr said:

Dude is just straight class. Everything that is great about sports, is Tebow

:cheers:

I don't root for or against him.  He's just not good enough.  That's not anyone's fault.

The only problem with the whole Tebow situation is that the people who love him, overrate him based on his character, not his talent.  When you have people do that, you have people who have common sense who try to reign in your expectations.  You then have offended people pushing back and that creates animosity.

5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't root for or against him.  He's just not good enough.  That's not anyone's fault.

The only problem with the whole Tebow situation is that the people who love him, overrate him based on his character, not his talent.  When you have people do that, you have people who have common sense who try to reign in your expectations.  You then have offended people pushing back and that creates animosity.

It's like politics. If they are on your side, you overrate them, if not, you underrate them.

15 minutes ago, edjr said:

It's like politics. If they are on your side, you overrate them, if not, you underrate them.

I don't disagree, but I don't think that happened in Tebow's case.  I think there was an infinitesimally small number made up of entirely only FSU and Mia. FL. fans that underrated / hated him.  Most fans said the guy was a good athlete, just not good enough to be a starting QB in the NFL... and they were clearly right.  Just that those fans were labeled "haters", not properly identified as "correct".

On 7/23/2018 at 2:44 PM, wiffleball said:

Here's my rule. It's perfectly okay, in fact completely expected to hate anyone who writes their autobiography before they're old enough to rent a car.

I'm looking at you Anna Kendrick!

Wow. I was going to Trophy this. - Totally agreed. 

But I guess I should.... 

I like Tim Tebow and root for him in all things he does, but I'm pulling the most for the guy to finally get laid. Can you imagine how backed up his balls are? That girl will need a snorkel to survive. :shocking:

18 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I like Tim Tebow and root for him in all things he does, but I'm pulling the most for the guy to finally get laid. Can you imagine how backed up his balls are? That girl will need a snorkel to survive. :shocking:

he's gay

11 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't disagree, but I don't think that happened in Tebow's case.  I think there was an infinitesimally small number made up of entirely only FSU and Mia. FL. fans that underrated / hated him.  Most fans said the guy was a good athlete, just not good enough to be a starting QB in the NFL... and they were clearly right.  Just that those fans were labeled "haters", not properly identified as "correct".

He's a classic example of college not preparing players for the pros. He was taught how to be a college QB. He never adequately worked on the skills needed to succeed in the NFL.

As a Tennessee fan, he's one of the greatest college players I've seen. He owned my team time after time. But I knew he was gonna struggle as a pro. 

29 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

He's a classic example of college not preparing players for the pros. He was taught how to be a college QB. He never adequately worked on the skills needed to succeed in the NFL.

As a Tennessee fan, he's one of the greatest college players I've seen. He owned my team time after time. But I knew he was gonna struggle as a pro. 

College is not supposed to train players for the pros. College coaches are paid to win, not send guys to the pros.

9 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

College is not supposed to train players for the pros. College coaches are paid to win, not send guys to the pros.

Sure. But if I were a top end college prospect, you better believe i'd be concerned about it, and end up signing at a school that has a pro style system that will properly prepare me. No way am I signing up to be a weird gimick spread QB/FB like Tebow did.

13 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Sure. But if I were a top end college prospect, you better believe i'd be concerned about it, and end up signing at a school that has a pro style system that will properly prepare me. No way am I signing up to be a weird gimick spread QB/FB like Tebow did.

Well, that "weird gimmick spread" got him a National championship, a Heisman and a first round NFL pick.  He was a bust because he didn't have the passing skills and the brains.  There is no system that will fix that.  

16 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Tell that to the kids that go to 

• University of Florida.
  • Ohio State University—Columbus.
  • University of Miami.
  • Florida State University.
  • University of Southern California.
  • Clemson University.
  • Auburn University.
  • University of Georgia.

3 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Well, that "weird gimmick spread" got him a National championship, a Heisman and a first round NFL pick.  He was a bust because he didn't have the passing skills and the brains.  There is no system that will fix that.  

I think he was a bust because almost no NFL coach has the ability to build an offense around a player's skills. They want the player to conform to their system. Lots of QBs are "busts" because of this.  Tebow showed that he was more than capable of winning games. His leadership skills were as good as anyone's. 

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I think he was a bust because almost no NFL coach has the ability to build an offense around a player's skills. They want the player to conform to their system. Lots of QBs are "busts" because of this.  Tebow showed that he was more than capable of winning games. His leadership skills were as good as anyone's. 

🖖

14 minutes ago, edjr said:

Tell that to the kids that go to 

• University of Florida.
  • Ohio State University—Columbus.
  • University of Miami.
  • Florida State University.
  • University of Southern California.
  • Clemson University.
  • Auburn University.
  • University of Georgia.

You lose at those schools and you get fired, just like any other school.  They don't care how many guys you send to the NFL.  The boosters at those schools want to have teams that win and win certain games (Bowl games, key rivalries, etc.).  For example:

University of Florida - ask Muschamp and McElwain what happens when you don't win

Miami - ask Coker (once they moved to the ACC), Shannon and Golden what happens when you don't win

Florida State - Bowden got pushed out when he stopped winning, Jimbo Fisher was pushed out when he stopped winning and the current guy there won't last long

USC - look at the mess since Pete Carroll left (and they couldn't cheat anymore).

Etc.

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

You lose at those schools and you get fired, just like any other school.  They don't care how many guys you send to the NFL.  The boosters at those schools want to have teams that win and win certain games (Bowl games, key rivalries, etc.).  For example:

University of Florida - ask Muschamp and McElwain what happens when you don't win

Miami - ask Coker (once they moved to the ACC), Shannon and Golden what happens when you don't win

Florida State - Bowden got pushed out when he stopped winning, Jimbo Fisher was pushed out when he stopped winning and the current guy there won't last long

USC - look at the mess since Pete Carroll left (and they couldn't cheat anymore).

Etc.

the upper echelon of college recruits only go to schools that prepare kids for the pros

14 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

The Pro game is different than the college game.  Where college will have a couple of guys who are big and fast, every NFL team is full of them, including the guys on the bench.  You have to have skills that translate to the pro game.  You need to be able to get the ball downfield and take advantage of the rules that benefit high powered offenses that revolve around a QB who can throw.  

1 minute ago, edjr said:

the upper echelon of college recruits only go to schools that prepare kids for the pros

So, by that thinking, you just get a college coach who is not going to worry about winning games.  He is just going to run a pro-style offense and the upper echelon players will flock there. :rolleyes:

18 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

He never beat Auburn. :banana:

57 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

The Pro game is different than the college game.  Where college will have a couple of guys who are big and fast, every NFL team is full of them, including the guys on the bench.  You have to have skills that translate to the pro game.  You need to be able to get the ball downfield and take advantage of the rules that benefit high powered offenses that revolve around a QB who can throw.  

Tebow's career is based on 2/3 of one season. 1700 passing yards, 660 rushing.  12 ints, 6 picks.  Winning 7 out of 11.   He won a home playoff game.   Seems like his skills were sufficient to be a productive NFL QB.   Your own favorite QB, and the offense for your own favorite team is not predicated on getting the ball downfield.