edjr

How can you not root for Tim Tebow?

1 hour ago, edjr said:

the upper echelon of college recruits only go to schools that prepare kids for the pros

Yup, would be stupid for any top prospect to treat college any other way.  Honestly, their only thought process should be, how can this school better my chances of going pro.

4 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Tebow's career is based on 2/3 of one season. 1700 passing yards, 660 rushing.  12 ints, 6 picks.  Winning 7 out of 11.   He won a home playoff game.   Seems like his skills were sufficient to be a productive NFL QB.   Your own favorite QB, and the offense for your own favorite team is not predicated on getting the ball downfield. 

He averaged 123 ypg passing during that season in 11 starts. Do you want a QB who will give you 123 ypg?

Don’t even talk about Brady not getting the ball downfield. Tebow was not even a 50% completion guy. 

5 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Tebow is killing it in AAA.  Should be called up any day now.  🙄

He is putting up Chris Davis numbers...

Well, except the home runs...  But he does have the average and strikeouts working in his favor...

Hang it up Tim, you suck at baseball...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/minor-league-position-player-gets-the-struggling-tim-tebow-looking-in-pitching-debut-131811790.html

Tebow is hitting .156/.239/.227 over 128 at-bats and 40 games this season with an OPS of .466. It’s the worst average on the team and in the International League. His 53 strikeouts are also tops on the team and account for 41 percent of his at-bats.

He is still on pace to have the worst Triple-A numbers of more than 1,700 players at that level since 2006 when Fangraphs began collecting data.

14 hours ago, posty said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/minor-league-position-player-gets-the-struggling-tim-tebow-looking-in-pitching-debut-131811790.html

Tebow is hitting .156/.239/.227 over 128 at-bats and 40 games this season with an OPS of .466. It’s the worst average on the team and in the International League. His 53 strikeouts are also tops on the team and account for 41 percent of his at-bats.

He is still on pace to have the worst Triple-A numbers of more than 1,700 players at that level since 2006 when Fangraphs began collecting data.

Yep. That’s not a slump.  That’s just not being good enough.  

Did he get married yet or still engaged? I'm rooting for the motherfuker to get laid. 

27 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Yep. That’s not a slump.  That’s just not being good enough.  

All-time great college player and good enough to make it to AAA in baseball. Tremendous athlete. Plus, an all-around super person.  Hopefully, he ends up being a TV personality for years to come. Would hate top see such an awesome person disappear from the public eye. A true role model at a time when this country desperately needs one.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Observer said:

All-time great college player and good enough to make it to AAA in baseball. Tremendous athlete. Plus, an all-around super person.  Hopefully, he ends up being a TV personality for years to come. Would hate top see such an awesome person disappear from the public eye. A true role model at a time when this country desperately needs one.

Good enough?  Or name enough?  

Not that im rooting against him.  But hes been pushed on us enough as a spors star.  

Id like to see him go into coaching rather than TV.  He is kind of a bore.  And TV people are just talking heads anyway.  His character would be more useful elsewhere.

18 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Are we lacking in role models?  Why would Tim Tebow be the one?  This post makes no sense.

It reminds me of the movie and TV show previews going around.   "This is just the show we need during these times"

30 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Are we lacking in role models?  Why would Tim Tebow be the one?  This post makes no sense.

It reminds me of the movie and TV show previews going around.   "This is just the show we need during these times"

Charitable. Kind. Genuine. Successful, but would never know it to hear him speak.

Simple answer, yes. We are sorely lacking in role models.

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

Charitable. Kind. Genuine. Successful, but would never know it to hear him speak.

Did some die? How long have we been lacking?  Was there some sort of shift recently?

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

He does some crappy stuff.... He played AA here and my friend rents his house out to players and staff.... Tebow looked at his place and told him he expected money he paid for rent to be donated to his charity 

18 hours ago, posty said:

What you're saying is he's a perfect Met?

1 hour ago, bandrus1 said:

He does some crappy stuff.... He played AA here and my friend rents his house out to players and staff.... Tebow looked at his place and told him he expected money he paid for rent to be donated to his charity 

So your friend thinks he shouldn't give the money to charity?  🤣

Did I nail it or what?

3 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

Man, what a p.o.s.

I wont rent your apartment unless you give it back to my charity? 

id say thats pretty shitty

3 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

I wont rent your apartment unless you give it back to my charity? 

id say thats pretty shitty

Thanks for reminding me. I lowered my tenants rents from 1450 to 1000 for the past 3 months (to give them a break) June is when it's supposed to go back up.

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Tebow loves Trump. You know he does. 

You know, if he actually had been good enough to stick around in the NFL, I'd be curious to know what the last 5 years would have been like.  He was loved by so many... and hated by about the same amount.  His actions could have actually made 100% of all those people do a complete 180 on their opinions of him.

On 5/30/2019 at 9:54 AM, The Observer said:

Agreed. I would rather watch him lose than watch Shamus lose for us. 

4 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

Agreed. I would rather watch him lose than watch Shamus lose for us. 

Could he possibly be worse than Booger?

19 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You know, if he actually had been good enough to stick around in the NFL, I'd be curious to know what the last 5 years would have been like.  He was loved by so many... and hated by about the same amount.  His actions could have actually made 100% of all those people do a complete 180 on their opinions of him.

Still better than 5 starters and 20 backups in the NFL.   The haters of Tebow, didn't hate him for football.  

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Still better than 5 starters and 20 backups in the NFL.   The haters of Tebow, didn't hate him for football.  

He deserved a real shot, never got one.  Reminded me so much of Flutie Flakes. His one 'real' chance he lead the Bills to the playoffs and was replaced for the 1st playoff game :wacko:

Flutie Flakes career record was 38 and 28, 10 games better than Eli Manning

12 minutes ago, edjr said:

He deserved a real shot, never got one.  Reminded me so much of Flutie Flakes. His one 'real' chance he lead the Bills to the playoffs and was replaced for the 1st playoff game :wacko:

If Tebow was black he would still be in the NFL. Truth!  

6 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

If Tebow was black he would still be in the NFL. Truth!  

he was 5 years too soon

30 minutes ago, edjr said:

. Newbieedjr

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

. Newbieedjr

Newbie thinks Tebow sucked and couldn't throw. :dunno:

1 minute ago, edjr said:

Love Tim Tebow. Wasn't much of a QB on the pro level but an all-time great in college and an all-time great human being.  Eagles gave him a shot one year in preseason, but he just didn't have the accuracy needed. He was a good runner, but more of a plodder as a runner.  Didn't have the speed needed to be a run first QB like Lamar Jackson. Lamar isn't all that accurate either, but demanded a ton of attention because of his legs.  Tebow didn't pose that threat.  But still love the guy.

Just now, The Observer said:

Love Tim Tebow. Wasn't much of a QB on the pro level but an all-time great in college and an all-time great human being.  Eagles gave him a shot one year in preseason, but he just didn't have the accuracy needed. He was a good runner, but more of a plodder as a runner.  Didn't have the speed needed to be a run first QB like Lamar Jackson. Lamar isn't all that accurate either, but demanded a ton of attention because of his legs.  Tebow didn't pose that threat.  But still love the guy.

I think he deserved a real shot, not just preseason. That being said, RP is wrong.

10 minutes ago, edjr said:

It’s more about your comment that has nothing to do with the subject. Plus it’s stupid.  Nice work. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s more about your comment that has nothing to do with the subject. Plus it’s stupid.  Nice work. 

Flutie wasn't 38 and 28. Okay chief.

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

Flutie wasn't 38 and 28. Okay chief.

Stupid. Plus he played in the AFC east.  It sucked then too. What’s his record outside of that squishy soft division? 

8 minutes ago, edjr said:

I think he deserved a real shot, not just preseason. That being said, RP is wrong.

I thought he was an NFL starter for a while.  Which team do you feel the commissioner should have forced to give him another "real shot"? And the better question is, why do you think any team wouldn't have if they thought he could have helped them win?  He's one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, so he certainly wouldn't be a locker room problem. 

15 minutes ago, edjr said:

So did Belicheck. But you know better. 

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

I thought he was an NFL starter for a while.  Which team do you feel the commissioner should have forced to give him another "real shot"? And the better question is, why do you think any team wouldn't have if they thought he could have helped them win?  He's one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, so he certainly wouldn't be a locker room problem. 

because of the perceived notion he couldn't throw the ball.

what happened the next season?

he didn't even start one game for the Broncos

He was on the Jets :wacko:

he was never given a chance

1 minute ago, edjr said:

because of the perceived notion he couldn't throw the ball.

what happened the next season?

he didn't even start one game for the Broncos

He was on the Jets :wacko:

he was never given a chance

What's your conspiracy theory?  Why wasn't he?