Sign in to follow this  
Bills04

G-Men: P-L-E-A-S-E don't pull a "Browns"-type move ..

OP, here. I finally took a look at a 13 minute compilation on YouTube of Barkley's college career highlights, and he IS GOOD. With Mayfield gone, I liked the Rosen kid from UCLA, too. I hope the G-Men "build" on the Barkley selection, and grab some offensive linemen to block for him.

Hopefully in a few years Rosen isn't playing in NFC Championship games, and the G-men aren't thinking "that could have been US.."

You are looking at barkleys "highlights" not lowlights. Of course they are good. I'm not a huge Rosen fan but Arizona got a great pick there. He is definitely worth the shot. I think he is the most interesting QB this draft

I think the Giants made the right choice. I think all of these QB's are really over-hyped. I don't think any of them would rank higher than almost any of the QB's that came out since 2014.

typical giants eyes-closed heave into triple coverage. they're going all-in on eli, knowing that if he fails, barkley will keep them up around at least 8-8 (and therefore unable to draft a premuim QB).

brilliant team management. cowboys fans rejoice.

:doublethumbsup:

• Like 1

What are the chances they take Mason Rudoloph next? Give him a year or two to develop while Eli plays out his deal.

Dak 62% 3325 yards and 22 tds and 13 int. Coming into this season with no Wr1 m

Eli 61% 3468 yards and 19 tds and 13 ints and has Beckham one of the top four WRs returning plus a true rb1.

Mmm. I think the Gmen just might win the NFC east next season.

Anything is possible Amen?

The Browns passing over Barkley was the drafts biggest mistake, especially since they had pick #4 for a QB.

Actually, that was their only good move in the draft so far. Right now they need that penn state TE.

The Browns passing over Barkley was the drafts biggest mistake, especially since they had pick #4 for a QB.

I think it a no brainier after they sign Hyde.

If they had picked Barkley first that would have been a very bad move after picking up and signing Hyde.

I think the Browns made the right pick. M

Dak 62% 3325 yards and 22 tds and 13 int. Coming into this season with no Wr1 m

Eli 61% 3468 yards and 19 tds and 13 ints and has Beckham one of the top four WRs returning plus a true rb1.

Mmm. I think the Gmen just might win the NFC east next season.

Anything is possible Amen?

dak cap hit: $725K

eli cap hit: $22M

dak cap hit: $725K

eli cap hit: $22M

Yeap no question they take a bigger cap hit m

But I also think they the Gmen could be the best team in the NFC east this season.

I just find it silly that a fan of the Cowboys is mocking the Gmen decision making, I'm wondering why?

And what have the Cowboys done in the last what 25 years?

Thanks for your input and reply.

Dave Gettelman is going to single handedly set the Giants back 5-7 years as a franchise. I mean this is the same guy that told Steve Smith he was too old, maxes out both RBs contracts on the same team in JStew and Deangelo which is just insane, traded a 4th rounder for a punter who made it less than a year, and now just took a RB 2nd overall who is going to get 31 million guaranteed and wouldnt even listen to offers. Followed that up with a guard and a run stopping Nose Tackle. Unreal. Enjoy it giants fans youll be having top 7 picks for years to come

Yeap no question they take a bigger cap hit m

But I also think they the Gmen could be the best team in the NFC east this season.

I just find it silly that a fan of the Cowboys is mocking the Gmen decision making, I'm wondering why?

And what have the Cowboys done in the last what 25 years?

Thanks for your input and reply.

any team in the east could win the division this season--that's how the east works. PHI was a dumpster fire at this point last year. i'm mocking the giants decision making because it's bad decision making.

do you know what a bad bet is? it's making a wager such that if you win the bet, it means you lost the more meaningful result. that's very much what this is. or more precisely, it's jerry jones "one player away" decision making. they're praying that barkley cancels out bad eli, hoping that this will take them to a super bowl despite a severely problematic roster and disrupted team culture. but if lightning doesn't strike, then they're not going to go 4-12 and lose their way into premium draft capital. instead, barkley is going to carry them to the middle of the pack, squarely out of range of the best QB prospects. and further, they're now on the cap clock for a RB who will command $20M+ per year when his rookie deal expires.

i mean, eli luck is a real thing, and going all-in blind has worked for the giants before. but the best thing about a disastrous season is the ability to grab a franchise cornerstone: edge, CB, OT, or most importantly QB. now NY has to hope that they fail again in order to replace theirs.

I don't think they will hope they fail, I'm sure they would like to win another Super Bowl.

Again I find it silly that a Cowboys fan is mocking the Gmen decision making.

Oh and the next Super win for the Gmen would be number three since the Cowboys even played in one.

That's a mock.

Good day.

any team in the east could win the division this season--that's how the east works. PHI was a dumpster fire at this point last year. i'm mocking the giants decision making because it's bad decision making.

do you know what a bad bet is? it's making a wager such that if you win the bet, it means you lost the more meaningful result. that's very much what this is. or more precisely, it's jerry jones "one player away" decision making. they're praying that barkley cancels out bad eli, hoping that this will take them to a super bowl despite a severely problematic roster and disrupted team culture. but if lightning doesn't strike, then they're not going to go 4-12 and lose their way into premium draft capital. instead, barkley is going to carry them to the middle of the pack, squarely out of range of the best QB prospects. and further, they're now on the cap clock for a RB who will command $20M+ per year when his rookie deal expires.

i mean, eli luck is a real thing, and going all-in blind has worked for the giants before. but the best thing about a disastrous season is the ability to grab a franchise cornerstone: edge, CB, OT, or most importantly QB. now NY has to hope that they fail again in order to replace theirs.

Would there be something prohibiting the Giants from trading up next year to get a QB? The Eagles and the Rams have done it recently with success. And considering that 5 QB's went in the first round this year, that's 5 teams not looking for a QB next year. Factor in that teams like the Patriots, Steelers and Saints, who need to draft a QB, will most likely finish ahead of the NYG, so they have that advantage. There won't be the usual amount of competition next year for a QB. The NYG would only have to leap over a few teams.

I don't think they will hope they fail, I'm sure they would like to win another Super Bowl.

Again I find it silly that a Cowboys fan is mocking the Gmen decision making.

Oh and the next Super win for the Gmen would be number three since the Cowboys even played in one.

That's a mock.

Good day.

why? we spend most of our time mocking cowboys decision-making, but a little variety never hurt anyone.

ta-ta.

why? we spend most of our time mocking cowboys decision-making, but a little variety never hurt anyone.

ta-ta.

Great return.

Lol.

Thanks.

You guys have such a funny way of looking at drafting your potential franchise QB of the next 12 years and face or your organization.

They scout for a reason. They have opinions on these guys.

Why when they have sucked for years never having a QB would they just not take who they want at 1? Why would you sit and be happy for the scraps at 4?

Im not saying it isnt a crapshoot for the most part. But this idea that "hey lets just take whoevers left" is such a weird mentality when picking your franchise QB.

Why would they draft Barkely after they sign Hyde?

Would there be something prohibiting the Giants from trading up next year to get a QB? The Eagles and the Rams have done it recently with success. And considering that 5 QB's went in the first round this year, that's 5 teams not looking for a QB next year. Factor in that teams like the Patriots, Steelers and Saints, who need to draft a QB, will most likely finish ahead of the NYG, so they have that advantage. There won't be the usual amount of competition next year for a QB. The NYG would only have to leap over a few teams.

Next year's QB class doesn't have near the prospects that this years did. Say what you want about all the questions around the 5 first rounders in 2018, but look at the list of next seasons QB prospects and I doubt any of those will be considered to be on the level of any of the top 5 QB's this year. That was known going into the draft, that this QB class was deep and next year's was pretty weak. Basically by passing on QB at 2, the Giants expect Eli to have 2-3 more productive years at the position. I think it's a gamble, but if they are right then it gives them a short window of getting back to the superbowl with Barkley in the mix. If they're wrong and Eli is toast, they'll be rebuilding for 3-4 years.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019QB.php

FYI I'm a Clemson fan and the fact that Kelly Bryant is on that list at #9 should give you an idea of how shallow that QB class is next year. He's might not even be the 3rd best QB on the team from an NFL prospect standpoint. Sure he can run a college offense, but if he's being considered as a draft-able QB, the class is pretty weak.

Would there be something prohibiting the Giants from trading up next year to get a QB?

The giants won't need to trade up to draft a qb next year. Who is going to be worse than them? Maybe Indi if Luck doesn't play?

Next year's QB class doesn't have near the prospects that this years did. Say what you want about all the questions around the 5 first rounders in 2018, but look at the list of next seasons QB prospects and I doubt any of those will be considered to be on the level of any of the top 5 QB's this year. That was known going into the draft, that this QB class was deep and next year's was pretty weak. Basically by passing on QB at 2, the Giants expect Eli to have 2-3 more productive years at the position. I think it's a gamble, but if they are right then it gives them a short window of getting back to the superbowl with Barkley in the mix. If they're wrong and Eli is toast, they'll be rebuilding for 3-4 years.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019QB.php

FYI I'm a Clemson fan and the fact that Kelly Bryant is on that list at #9 should give you an idea of how shallow that QB class is next year. He's might not even be the 3rd best QB on the team from an NFL prospect standpoint. Sure he can run a college offense, but if he's being considered as a draft-able QB, the class is pretty weak.

You make a good point. But usually there are guys that step up and improve their projections. Thanks.

The giants won't need to trade up to draft a qb next year. Who is going to be worse than them? Maybe Indi if Luck doesn't play?

I'd say the Redskins, Bills, Jets Bears and Bucs have a good shot at being the suck, and only the Bears would be looking for a QB.

I'd say the Redskins, Bills, Jets Bears and Bucs have a good shot at being the suck, and only the Bears would be looking for a QB.

You should go to Vegas with that logic. You could add 4-5 years onto your expected retirement age if you place a hefty wager on that take.

Honestly, I'm have a hard time predicting the "bad teams" for next season. I think that for every team that one person makes an argument for to be bad, another person could make just as good an argument for that same team to be good.

You make a good point. But usually there are guys that step up and improve their projections. Thanks.

I'm sure that potentially 1 or 2 will, but we knew 4 of the 5 picked this year were likely 1st rounders before they played their final seasons. Of the 5, I think Mayfield is the only one that significantly increased his draft stock in his last college season.

You should go to Vegas with that logic. You could add 4-5 years onto your expected retirement age if you place a hefty wager on that take.

You think those teams will be good?

Vegas released the over under for wins. This is basically the the group that's the worst..

Browns 5.5

Cardinals 5.5

Jets 6

Dolphins 6

Giants 6.5

Tampa 6.5

Bears 6.5

Bills 6.5

Colts 6.5

Redskins 7

Bengals 7

Broncos 7

So if Vegas is right, the Giants are in line for another top 10 pick next year.

Vegas released the over under for wins. This is basically the the group that's the worst..

Browns 5.5

Cardinals 5.5

Jets 6

Dolphins 6

Giants 6.5

Tampa 6.5

Bears 6.5

Bills 6.5

Colts 6.5

Redskins 7

Bengals 7

Broncos 7

I am over on the Broncos, Bears, and Cardinals. I go under on the Giants and Bengals.

OP, here. Check out this article by a Giants.com reporter:

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Saquon-Barkley-By-the-Numbers/06e5a649-53ad-4411-9c10-3eb80cacdb8c?mi_u=ea858b83420fe3b7b40692af202f34326f00642b&mi_favteam=NEWYORKGIANTS

One of the top-5 RBs since 1987!! And, if the G-Men are smart - they'll have Hernandez line up at OLG. Remember SEA RB S. Alexander who ran for 20+ TDs behind Jones and Hutchinson on the left side?! :-)

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Saquon-Barkley-By-the-Numbers/06e5a649-53ad-4411-9c10-3eb80cacdb8c?mi_u=ea858b83420fe3b7b40692af202f34326f00642b&mi_favteam=NEWYORKGIANTS

One of the top-5 RBs since 1987!! And, if the G-Men are smart - they'll have Hernandez line up at OLG. Remember SEA RB S. Alexander who ran for 20+ TDs behind Jones and Hutchinson on the left side?! :-)

Great. Some homer reporter that has to face NYG players all year with his reportimg is optomistic about the pick. Nice.

Good stuff. Thanks

Browns 5.5

Cardinals 5.5

Jets 6

Dolphins 6

Giants 6.5

Tampa 6.5

Bears 6.5

Bills 6.5

Colts 6.5

Redskins 7

Bengals 7

Broncos 7

Love the over on the Broncos.

Love the under on the Redskins

Love the under on the Biils

Love the over for the Gmen

Love the under on the Bears, only thing they have going for them, is that they can't finsh worst then fourth in the NFC north.

Thanks for the list.

Yeah. Great link to a giant's homer saying that the giants made a good pick. In fact, the greatest of all time!! Good thing you got approval from the local cop wannabe.

Yeah. Great link to a giant's homer saying that the giants made a good pick. In fact, the greatest of all time!! Good thing you got approval from the local cop wannabe.

Appreciate your contribution on this thread. You're absolutely correct that its a homer piece. Though your thoughts on Barkley's potential to bust are known would you really draft anyone else at 1.01 in a rookie draft?

Appreciate your contribution on this thread. You're absolutely correct that its a homer piece. Though your thoughts on Barkley's potential to bust are known would you really draft anyone else at 1.01 in a rookie draft?

Nope. Just a bad pick for the giants. And I haven't seen one contribution to any thread on your part. You just give some weird approval or criticism to other people's posts. You never join in on the discussion details. You just judge the poster.

Nope. Just a bad pick for the giants. And I haven't seen one contribution to any thread on your part. You just give some weird approval or criticism to other people's posts. You never join in on the discussion details. You just judge the poster.

Who shouid they have picked?