Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Would you throw back Hunt, if you had a shot a Barkely ?

I know we dont know where he is going, its a ppr keeper league. Keep him as long as you want, and would occupy my 1st round pick from here on out. Its way eary, but just wondering

"A shot", meaning that it's not a given? If so, then no. If it's a definite, then yes. Barkley's floor is higher than Hunt's ceiling... regardless of who drafts him.

Agree with the poster above,why take the chance.

Hunt is worthy of being a keeper.

Nehemiah 8:10.

"A shot", meaning that it's not a given? If so, then no. If it's a definite, then yes. Barkley's floor is higher than Hunt's ceiling... regardless of who drafts him.

Barkley's floor is leading rusher in the NFL? Wow.

I would go for Barkley................but its not for the faint of heart.

Hunt's situation is outstanding for FF production and they seem inclined to tgt him more in the passing game this year if he is up to it.

So you're giving up a mighty fine "bird in the hand".

I do see Barkley as a significantly more talented player however.

Situation can matter in the short term (see Gurley) and we don't have confirmation of Barkley at the pro level, but for me it's worth those risks.

I was shut down on Hunt + change for the 1.01 in a PPR personally though FWIW.

I.have.3rd.pick.1st.2.guys.have.ODB.Hopkins.as.keppers.I.doubt.they.throw.them.in.in.a.ppr.If.I.miss.Barkley.I.getHunt.back.I.may.do.it

I.have.3rd.pick.1st.2.guys.have.ODB.Hopkins.as.keppers.I.doubt.they.throw.them.in.in.a.ppr.If.I.miss.Barkley.I.getHunt.back.I.may.do.it

I'd make sure they are committed to ODB and Hopkins before you throw Hunt back in the mix. If I'm the ODB owner, I'm throwing him back in if I can get Hunt or Barkley.

Hunt had over 1300 yards rushing, 4.9 ypc, 53 receptions, and 11 total TDs in his rookie season. He is in a good spot on a good team. Where is Barkley going to end up? Indi? TB? And what has he done in the NFL yet? Wow. If Elliott ended up in Indi or Cinci, he would not be half the runner he is with Dallas.

Remember last year at this time when the only question of how great Mixon would be was dependant on his character? He didn't get into any trouble and look what happened to him.

Keep Hunt.

1 Peter 5:6.

Thanks guys, I could keep Hunt he did catch a lot of passes and Sammy will help. I just keep looking at Barclays combine, faster the Devin Hestor, quicker the D.Jax, jumps higher the Julio, stronger than Joe Thomas ?????? 230 lbs ??? Fock. And watch his highlights

If I keep Hunt, my other 2 options for a keeper is Mixon and Watson...for the 2nd round. I could lock it in. I may be of the minority but I am high on Mixon..... Watson had me in 1st place on points and wins till he went down... and it wasn't close. Sorry the draft has me thinking

Thanks guys, I could keep Hunt he did catch a lot of passes and Sammy will help. I just keep looking at Barclays combine, faster the Devin Hestor, quicker the D.Jax, jumps higher the Julio, stronger than Joe Thomas ?????? 230 lbs ??? Fock. And watch his highlights

Seriously do what you think is right and/or what you want to do. It's not fun to apply advice if it turns wrong and against your own thoughts. Additional input just gives additional perspective to help out your own look at things. Not knowing where barkley is going is the hardest part here. Also, how will the KC game plan go under the new QB.

Seriously do what you think is right and/or what you want to do. It's not fun to apply advice if it turns wrong and against your own thoughts. Additional input just gives additional perspective to help out your own look at things. Not knowing where barkley is going is the hardest part here. Also, how will the KC game plan go under the new QB.

thanks bud, it would be a big gamble. I have been at this for 25 years, as of late I have been gambling a lot. I guess it makes it funner, the safe play is keep, Hunt and Mixon. My thought is I could have Hunt or Barkley !st round if I throw in... then in the second round, speculating on keepers have the option of Julio, Mixon, McCoy, Watson, McKinnon ( high on ) Allen, Freeman and Hill. Its a huge money league... like I said 25 years... $800 buy in, plus $15 trades, $10 waiver wire

If you can land McCoy, I would take him with your second.

Barkley's floor is leading rusher in the NFL? Wow.

We are talking fantasy football here, are we not. Hunt finished almost 100 points behind the leader in ppr leagues last year. Barkley will be better than that. In real football, Hunt had a splash year which he won't replicate. Barkley should routinely be pushing 2,000 yard seasons.

Hunt had over 1300 yards rushing, 4.9 ypc, 53 receptions, and 11 total TDs in his rookie season. He is in a good spot on a good team. Where is Barkley going to end up? Indi? TB? And what has he done in the NFL yet? Wow. If Elliott ended up in Indi or Cinci, he would not be half the runner he is with Dallas.

Remember last year at this time when the only question of how great Mixon would be was dependant on his character? He didn't get into any trouble and look what happened to him.

Mixon fell to the third round and was a part of a RBBC situation because of that. No team, be it Tampa, Indy, Denver, or the Giants have will spend a top 7 pick on a RB and slot him in as the 3rd back in an RBBC situation. They will get the Ezekiel Elliott treatment... #1 on the depth chart before he even signs.

What has he done yet in the NFL? Doesn't matter. If Kareem Hunt was in this draft, with last year under his belt, Barkley still gets drafted ahead of him.

for as beastly as Barkley is across the board, his college numbers dont scream out to me

I keep the proven and that is Hunt, hes only going to get better

It's because he's played his whole college career behind one of the worst offensive lines in the country.

If Beckham does move on from the Gmen,I don't want them to draft Barkley.

Without Beckham I'm not sure he can do much, there won't be much left.

I would like too see Barkley to go the Bucs if Beckham leaves for the Rams.

I do agree that Barkley is a better player then Hunt, and will be going forward, but based on the op question, you can't give up on Hunt for a shot at Barkley.

And I think Hunt will have even a better ff season this upcoming season, I think he will be used a lot more in the passing game, so in a ppr league he's a top five rb.

Thank you.

Matthew 6:9&10.

If Beckham does move on from the Gmen,I don't want them to draft Barkley.

Without Beckham I'm not sure he can do much, there won't be much left.

I would like too see Barkley to go the Bucs if Beckham leaves for the Rams.

I do agree that Barkley is a better player then Hunt, and will be going forward, but based on the op question, you can't give up on Hunt for a shot at Barkley.

And I think Hunt will have even a better ff season this upcoming season, I think he will be used a lot more in the passing game, so in a ppr league he's a top five rb.

Thank you.

Matthew 6:9&10.

Agreed

It's because he's played his whole college career behind one of the worst offensive lines in the country.

Yep. And he had a lot of sub par games because of it. He needs a line that's better than the opponents defense. That seems like most RBs in the NFL. Not the elite ones.

I am staying Hunt as I said, and to add in Watson you have a beastly core. Watson as my 2nd keeper and that is not even close based on that list.

I understand that, but people are already putting him in that Marshall Faulk, LaDanian type of category. Those guys didn't have the greatest Olines in college either, yet their college numbers dominated Barkley.

Don't get me wrong I like Barkley and think hes going to be good, but I need to see him in the pros to get a real evaluation. I mean the last RB like this was Zeke, and he was legit, but before that it was TRich

I understand that, but people are already putting him in that Marshall Faulk, LaDanian type of category. Those guys didn't have the greatest Olines in college either, yet their college numbers dominated Barkley.

Don't get me wrong I like Barkley and think hes going to be good, but I need to see him in the pros to get a real evaluation. I mean the last RB like this was Zeke, and he was legit, but before that it was TRich

Faulk and Tomlinson may not have had great OLines... but compared to their competition level, they probably were pretty decent. The WAC wasn't necessarily described as having dominating defenses. Nor do I think we'll find too many players that made if from that conference to the NFL... unlike what we'll see from Ohio St, Michigan, etc.

Did Faulk and Tomlinson really "dominate" in ways Barkley did not? The numbers below tell me that Barkley was better than Tomlinson and a touch below Faulk.

• Faulk: 6.6 yards per touch (848 total touches), 1 TD every 12.35 touches (6.0 yards / carry & 11.9 yards / rec)
  • Tomlinson: 5.7 yards per touch (986 total touches), 1 TD every 17.61 touches (5.7 ypc & 6.2 ypr)
  • Barkley: 6.5 yards per touch (773 total touches), 1 TD every 15.16 touches (5.7 ypc & 11.7 ypr)

With respect to Richardson, Alabama had 7 OLineman drafted in the first 4 rounds who blocked for him... 4 of which went in the first round. A total of 0 OLinemen were drafted from Penn State over the last 2 years and none will be drafted this year. Too a much lesser extent on that front, because I don't really expect many WAC players to get drafted, Tomlinson had 1 OL make it to the NFL, played for 12 seasons. Faulk had 2 drafted, but neither made it.

Considering that Barkley has played behind some of the worst offensive lines in the country and certainly among his peers, I'm thinking that a Faulk/Tomlinson comparison is reasonable. Conversely, Richardson apparently played behind some really good lines, so that comparison doesn't hold as much water.

Yep. And he had a lot of sub par games because of it. He needs a line that's better than the opponents defense. That seems like most RBs in the NFL. Not the elite ones.

You're taking a lot of liberties with that "he had a lot of sub par games". Most of those games were either blowouts, he had less than 15 total touches, or had over 120 total yards. You won't find many games like the Ohio State game. You can really only point to 2 games last year that you could consider "sub par" and one of them was against the best defense in the country.

You're taking a lot of liberties with that "he had a lot of sub par games". Most of those games were either blowouts, he had less than 15 total touches, or had over 120 total yards. You won't find many games like the Ohio State game. You can really only point to 2 games last year that you could consider "sub par" and one of them was against the best defense in the country.

I don't doubt the guy can be really good. He hasn't proven anything yet in the NFL. Which makes him an unknown. It's a risk to choose him over a young proven RB. Noone is saying he can't be good, only he is not on a team yet and even then, is he Lawrence Phillips or Ron Dayne or Cedric Benson or Rashaan.Salaam? who knows? To call his floor as Hunt's ceiling is not real. Only hope on your part.

I don't doubt the guy can be really good. He hasn't proven anything yet in the NFL. Which makes him an unknown. It's a risk to choose him over a young proven RB. Noone is saying he can't be good, only he is not on a team yet and even then, is he Lawrence Phillips or Ron Dayne or Cedric Benson or Rashaan.Salaam? who knows? To call his floor as Hunt's ceiling is not real. Only hope on your part.

Based on your statement, 12 team ppr not knowing anything about him, not even knowing wha team he might end up on, where would you rank him Rbs only?

I wouldn't call it hope as much as I'd call it an educated guess.

I wouldn't call it hope as much as I'd call it an educated guess.

Yep. And educated guesses were made by cinci, chi, st. louis, nyg, etc.. Go figure.

Based on your statement, 12 team ppr not knowing anything about him, not even knowing wha team he might end up on, where would you rank him Rbs only?

Gurley-Bell-DJ-Zeke-Hunt-Kamara. Those for sure, so right now I put him in the Fournette, Gordon, Cook area, and could see taking him over one of those depending on where he lands

I could also see taking Guice, Penny, Michel in that group if they land in the right every down back situation

(redraft obviously)

not like its really relevant, but I find this kinda funny

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/rb-cheatsheets.php

hes definitely not no 22, but lets say Cleveland takes him with no 4, I think with Hyde and Duke, hes maybe a 3rd rounder

In ppr they have him ranked 24th.

That site is that from mock drafts? M

John 19:40

I'd rank Barkley after Johnson, Bell, Elliott and Gurley (no particular order). I'd say he'd be a first round fantasy pick.

Only time will tell but it's very hard for me to say I would release a rookie RB who just led the NFL in rushing for a guy who we haven't seen play yet.

It's a big step up to the NFL from college. Not everyone makes it, even some of the surefire guys miss sometimes.

Faulk and Tomlinson may not have had great OLines... but compared to their competition level, they probably were pretty decent. The WAC wasn't necessarily described as having dominating defenses. Nor do I think we'll find too many players that made if from that conference to the NFL... unlike what we'll see from Ohio St, Michigan, etc.

Did Faulk and Tomlinson really "dominate" in ways Barkley did not? The numbers below tell me that Barkley was better than Tomlinson and a touch below Faulk.

• Faulk: 6.6 yards per touch (848 total touches), 1 TD every 12.35 touches (6.0 yards / carry & 11.9 yards / rec)
  • Tomlinson: 5.7 yards per touch (986 total touches), 1 TD every 17.61 touches (5.7 ypc & 6.2 ypr)
  • Barkley: 6.5 yards per touch (773 total touches), 1 TD every 15.16 touches (5.7 ypc & 11.7 ypr)

With respect to Richardson, Alabama had 7 OLineman drafted in the first 4 rounds who blocked for him... 4 of which went in the first round. A total of 0 OLinemen were drafted from Penn State over the last 2 years and none will be drafted this year. Too a much lesser extent on that front, because I don't really expect many WAC players to get drafted, Tomlinson had 1 OL make it to the NFL, played for 12 seasons. Faulk had 2 drafted, but neither made it.

Considering that Barkley has played behind some of the worst offensive lines in the country and certainly among his peers, I'm thinking that a Faulk/Tomlinson comparison is reasonable. Conversely, Richardson apparently played behind some really good lines, so that comparison doesn't hold as much water.

What that also tells you is that LT and Marshall were more the focal point of the offense, growing up in SD watching Marshall in college, was amazing, and getting to see Barry in the Holiday bowl was awesome as well

I watched a few Penn St games and never was in awe of Barkley. FWIW I never watched LT til I heard about him getting top 10 hype, and obviously he was the most complete back of all-time, with Marshall a close second, so putting him in that class is not happening, maybe a prime Westbrook type season, Priest Holmes type at this point

we over hype prospects all the time and underhype proven players is all I know

I'd rank Barkley after Johnson, Bell, Elliott and Gurley (no particular order). I'd say he'd be a first round fantasy pick.

there is no way in hell I take Barkley over Kamara

I would.

I have Barkely right now sitting at number seven.

Ahead of Kamara.

I would.

I have Barkely right now sitting at number seven.

Ahead of Kamara.

Yeah but you admitted in another thread that you are not good at fantasy football. .

Who would even rank Barkley at this point without knowing what team he ends up with? It just doesn't make sense.