edjr

Freezer or Ice Box

Ice Box or Freezer?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Ice Box or Freezer?

• Ice Box
    • Freezer

:ninja:

Growing up I recall it being ice box - prolly my grandparents doing..........but it's freezer now.

Never used icebox. Always freezer. Interesting to see if this is a regional or possibly a ethnic thing.

Midwest...German white guy

Never used icebox. Always freezer. Interesting to see if this is a regional or possibly a ethnic thing.

Midwest...German white guy

I think it might be a country thing as well.

My dad used to call it my/your "mother's heart"

I've heard it referred to as an icebox, I'm assuming from my grandmother who called a couch a davenport and told me to go wash my puss.

I think it's an electricity thing. Ice boxes were kept cool by a block of ice. Freezers use electricity.

my grandmother told me to go wash my puss.

she knew long before we did

I think it's an electricity thing. Ice boxes were kept cool by a block of ice. Freezers use electricity.

Was typing this as you posted. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I feel like anyone who says "ice box" learned it from their "gran-pappy".

Midwest Italian/German 43 year old white dude, freezer.

I'm Italian/German/Irish :wub:

Only phurfur is old enough to call it an icebox

:first:

Only phurfur is old enough to call it an icebox

:D

No shiot, I'm 50 and have always called it a freezer. :dunno:

Just called my nana. one vote for ice box

Just called my nana. one vote for ice box

As soon as she hung up I'm certain she asked herself the same question we have all asked ourselves a thousand times; Does he ever work??

BS. Her box doesnt get enough down time to cool off.

As soon as she hung up I'm certain she asked herself the same question we have all asked ourselves a thousand times; Does he ever work??

Both quality posts. :cheers:

• Like 1

:first:

I grew up in an old house that had an icebox. Basically, it was a cabinet in the kitchen built up against an outside wall of the house. On the side of the house where the icebox was, there was a small access door that the iceman could open, and deliver a block of ice right to the icebox.

We just used it as a cabinet, because when we wanted to keep stuff really cold, we used our freezer.

49, austrian, italian, hungarian, russian, czech.....

Likes: long walks on the beach, pina coladas, drinking wine by the fire

freezer

Depends. Is it a lay down or stand up? The wifey will help in making that decision.

Depends. Is it a lay down or stand up? The wifey will help in making that decision.

I've got multiple inappropriate responses to this but before I post, are you two actually separating? :unsure:

I've got multiple inappropriate responses to this but before I post, are you two actually separating? :unsure:

Yes. We're done. A multitude of reasons. Only daughter got accepted to LSU. Empty nest waiting to happen. My mom. Business. Time to move on I guess. We did the right thing and waited.The love is there but so is the irreconcilable difficulties. Can't believe we made it this far. Twenty years.

I love her. And she knows it. But it is what it is. Moving forward. What sucks, besides losing my house and all the memories in it is, my daughter witnessed our downfall and how it played out.

She's caught in the middle of all of this sh!t. And that fawking sucks.

I'd appreciate any joke when it comes to below freezing apparatus. Go!!!

And for the record..... I woke up this morning with the biggest hard on I've had in months. Was pounding the couch cushion unmercifully in a beautiful dream. Was fawking Alexis Texas in a bathing suit pulled to the side. Pounding her. Almost came. Wifey: I'm making coffee. What are doing? Me: Leaving a stain on the couch you won't forget.

Yes. We're done. A multitude of reasons. Only daughter got accepted to LSU. Empty nest waiting to happen. My mom. Business. Time to move on I guess. We did the right thing and waited.The love is there but so is the irreconcilable difficulties. Can't believe we made it this far. Twenty years.

I love her. And she knows it. But it is what it is. Moving forward. What sucks, besides losing my house and all the memories in it is, my daughter witnessed our downfall and how it played out.

She's caught in the middle of all of this sh!t. And that fawking sucks.

I'd appreciate any joke when it comes to below freezing apparatus. Go!!!

And for the record..... I woke up this morning with the biggest hard on I've had in months. Was pounding the couch cushion unmercifully in a beautiful dream. Was fawking Alexis Texas in a bathing suit pulled to the side. Pounding her. Almost came. Wifey: I'm making coffee. What are doing? Me: Leaving a stain on the couch you won't forget.

I'm so, so sorry to hear man. I know you are committed and that this hurts, especially with your daughter caught in the middle. In the end it takes two to tango and if your wife doesn't want to tango, there isn't much you can do.

I'm so, so sorry to hear man. I know you are committed and that this hurts, especially with your daughter caught in the middle. In the end it takes two to tango and if your wife doesn't want to tango, there isn't much you can do.

Just got finished explaining to her where we are at financial wise. Took all of minutes. I don't have an attorney. It's all hers as far as I'm concerned. I'll start over. Take it.

Go on and leave me be. I'll start over. If I don't, she gets it all. Her face said it all. But that face has regrets. Many more than the ones she hides today.

Tears mean something. Mine apparently don't at this point.

Its a freezer to me.   But then again I am not 95 years old.

I don't think this is even the right comparison. Wasn't the "ice box" really the old time refrigerator not freezer?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Ice square.  :mad:

:lol:

53 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I don't think this is even the right comparison. Wasn't the "ice box" really the old time refrigerator not freezer?

correct

High - quality freezer is way better. Especially if you're travelling or have to buy a professional equipment. For example, check the stock here http://ianboer.com.au there are so many professional items which can be used whether at bar, restaurant or coffee shop. But also some of them might be used at home. 

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:37 AM, Mookz said:

Ice square.  :mad:

:lol:

Focker