Sign in to follow this  
penultimatestraw

Flaming lawyer protests climate change through self immolation

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/04/15/602643461/prominent-gay-rights-lawyer-dies-after-setting-himself-on-fire-in-new-york-park

A prominent lawyer who spent years fighting for the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people set himself on fire Saturday.

David S. Buckel's charred remains were found in a New York park, The New York Times reported. In a letter Buckel emailed to the publication and other media outlets earlier that day, he wrote, "Honorable purpose in life invites honorable purpose in death."

On the last day of his life, he reportedly emphasized environmental responsibility, stating in a note to the media, "Pollution ravages our planet, oozing inhabitability via air, soil, water and weather. Most humans on the planet now breathe air made unhealthy by fossil fuels, and many die early deaths as a result — my early death by fossil fuel reflects what we are doing to ourselves."

The irony is off the charts. How did he do it? Giant magnifying glass or did he use fuel that harms the environment?

I'm sure a burning body is great for the environment too

I was hoping this was Worms.

Just more proof liberals are mentally ill.

:thumbsup: One less hypocritical enviro nut job.

I'm hoping this is a start of a new fad. :banana:

Which way did he want the climate to change, colder or warmer? It's cold as fock this year, so hopefully his final emissions help to heat things up.

I'm hoping this is a start of a new fad. :banana:

Leave a trail of Tide Pods leading into a bonfire. You'll catch a lot of them. :thumbsup:

The irony is off the charts. How did he do it? Giant magnifying glass or did he use fuel that harms the environment?

I'm sure a burning body is great for the environment too

I guess in this case you can shoot the messenger.

What do you call a prominent lawyer who spent years fighting for the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people who set himself on fire Saturday?

:D

What do you call a prominent lawyer who spent years fighting for the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people who set himself on fire Saturday?

:D

rainbow crisps

I guess in this case you can shoot the messenger.

Maybe we can get the anti gun crowd to shoot themselves in the head to protest gun rights. :banana:

• Like 1

This isnt the monks protesting Vietnam. This guy was simply mentally ill :(

Why don't you follow in his footsteps.