Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Instant Fantasy Analysis - WR Christian Kirk, Cardinals

Kirk profiles as a long-term slot receiver because he thrives in space, which means he is going to get a very good education from one of the best in the league in Larry Fitzgerald. While his hand placement needs to get better and he needs to sell his routes better, the fact he was as productive as he was at Texas A&M over his three seasons in College Station despite poor quarterback play speaks to his ability as a playmaker. Kirk is very quick, has strong hands as well as a good feel against zone coverage, is a plus route-runner and shows some Golden Tate tendencies in his game. He is also a premiere return man. Given the fact Brice Butler appears to be his stiffest competition opposite Fitzgerald for a starting job, Kirk should be on the WR4 radar in redraft. As such, he is well worth a look late in the first round of rookie drafts.

Kirk profiles as a long-term slot receiver because he thrives in space, which means he is going to get a very good education from one of the best in the league in Larry Fitzgerald. While his hand placement needs to get better and he needs to sell his routes better, the fact he was as productive as he was at Texas A&M over his three seasons in College Station despite poor quarterback play speaks to his ability as a playmaker. Kirk is very quick, has strong hands as well as a good feel against zone coverage, is a plus route-runner and shows some Golden Tate tendencies in his game. He is also a premiere return man. Given the fact Brice Butler appears to be his stiffest competition opposite Fitzgerald for a starting job, Kirk should be on the WR4 radar in redraft. As such, he is well worth a look late in the first round of rookie drafts.

Love this kid

Like Tate a lot. I think he will eventually be a 90 plus catch guy out of the slot.

I think he could catch 75 this year if Bradford stays healthy for enough games.

Learning from Fitz doesnt hurt either.

Mmm 75rec lack of Qb production plus Fitz still playing and the return of DJ.

Mmm might be a little high for me.

Thanks.

Mmm 75rec lack of Qb production plus Fitz still playing and the return of DJ.

Mmm might be a little high for me.

Thanks.

Bradford can put up big stats when healthy. But he is never healthy. If Rosen gets in maybe not but he is fairly pro ready.

75 may be a little high. I guess it months too early to speculate on this stuff. We will know more in August

Bradford being healthy in which I agree with you he isn’t ever.

And that’s why I think 75 is too high of a prediction for Kirk.

He’s in a good spot for playing time, only player on Zona ahead of him at the wr postion would of course be HOF Fitz.

But that’s not enough for me too predict a 75rec season.

Thanks.

How much do we drop Kirk in rookie rankings because of odds for playing slot? I'm not one to enjoy posting too much on a player before I draft but I'm having some second thoughts about the actual value It sorta appears to be a case of wait n see for his 3rd yr when I consider rookie usage, game plan, etc

Bradford being healthy in which I agree with you he isn’t ever.

And that’s why I think 75 is too high of a prediction for Kirk.

He’s in a good spot for playing time, only player on Zona ahead of him at the wr postion would of course be HOF Fitz.

But that’s not enough for me too predict a 75rec season.

Thanks.

75 is a high prediction for any rookie.

I think its only happened a handful of times and while I do think hes good, I dont think hes 'off the charts' good.

I figure 40, maybe 50 if all goes well. if things go extremely well, maybe a bit more.

I"m pretty sure he tops out at 800 yards for his rookie year.

nice numbers. but hes a WR4/5 for redraft, and that's where you should take him regardless of his upside

Downside: Lack of length, explosiveness and pure speed are concerning. Might never be a true downfield target in the NFL. Combine testing numbers — especially 3-cone drill, 20- and 60-yard shuttles, all in 20th percentile or lower — were very disappointing. Opted not to try to improve numbers at his pro day.

Might need a quarterback with great precision on his intermediate and downfield passes because of lack of great length, leaping ability or elite separation vs. taller and faster NFL DBs.

Player comp: Randall Cobb

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2018/03/28/nfl-draft-profile-no-30-texas-a-and-m-wr-christian-kirk/arz63i9/

The Cardinals opened a three-day minicamp for rookies and other young players,...

...Numerous mistakes were made, including by Rosen, the 10th overall pick in the draft. He missed some throws, especially early in the two-hour practice

The Cardinals opened a three-day minicamp for rookies and other young players,...

...Numerous mistakes were made, including by Rosen, the 10th overall pick in the draft. He missed some throws, especially early in the two-hour practice

This is the season of useless media coverage.

I mean what value does that have? I could have written that about any team in the league from my couch.

Now, Rosen was flawless, did not miss a single throw would

Be something.

Rosen was garbage, almost killed bystanders with hes errant throws would be something.

Made some mistakes? Say it aint so.

This is the season of useless media coverage.

I mean what value does that have? I could have written that about any team in the league from my couch.

Now, Rosen was flawless, did not miss a single throw would

Be something.

Rosen was garbage, almost killed bystanders with hes errant throws would be something.

Made some mistakes? Say it aint so.

If I recall correctly, Wentz couldn't even throw a spiral in mini camps. That's a giant red flag, you have to admit.

If I recall correctly, Wentz couldn't even throw a spiral in mini camps. That's a giant red flag, you have to admit.

meh.

I figure it's just players shaking off the rust of the offseason.

who cares.

This might be a minor headline if it was the last exhibition game before the regular season starts.

I'm pretty sure it was a slow news week and the reporter was told to get a story.

This was it.

Nothing to see here.

Supposedly the Cardinals knew about this prior to the draft. Will be interesting if anything comes of it though from an NFL standpoint

Kid needs too find something better too do, I mean standing around watching golf.

95% of the people who attend the Phoenix open could be charged with that. It's a massive party where some people play golf.

How many of the 95% had a life changing NFL draft in the near future. Also how many were arrested?

Who cares about the arrest. My top 3 rookie WRs to get this year and for dynasty as well are:

Michael Gallup

Christian Kirk

Anthony Miller

This arrest doesnt change that. They knew all about it before this. Its just click bait and will be an after thought once August rolls around

Who cares about the arrest. My top 3 rookie WRs to get this year and for dynasty as well are:

Michael Gallup

Christian Kirk

Anthony Miller

This arrest doesnt change that. They knew all about it before this. Its just click bait and will be an after thought once August rolls around

I agree to a point. But if he gets into any other off field issue it will come back as a big deal.

DJ Moore.

M Gallup.

C Ridley.

Thanks.

How many of the 95% had a life changing NFL draft in the near future. Also how many were arrested?

Sorry, but I won't judge a person by one action that only resulted in a broken van window. If it turns into a pattern then it's an problem, but as of now its a non issue.

DJ Moore is definitely my favorite WR prospect but Im going by the path of least resistance on the target totem Pole. Moore has to compete with Funchess, Olsen, CMC and even Curtis Samuel for that matter. Ridley is a low floor low ceiling WR who at best could amount to a WR2 in fantasy.

DJ Moore.

M Gallup.

C Ridley.

Thanks.

The Cardinals offense is still looking like it'll be a bit of a mystery going into the season, but the current speculation is that it's going to be a bit smash mouth, with it's passing game being predicated on short quick throws. I think Fitz will be a PPR monster again, and Kirk will fill in for him after this season. I see kirk being a Landry 2.0 after Fitz calls it a career.

DJ Moore is definitely my favorite WR prospect but Im going by the path of least resistance on the target totem Pole. Moore has to compete with Funchess, Olsen, CMC and even Curtis Samuel for that matter. Ridley is a low floor low ceiling WR who at best could amount to a WR2 in fantasy.

Great points.

But one thing I like about Moore.

He should be the best wr on the team, I think Olsen isn’t the same as he once was.

I think Moore can easily be in line too lead all the WRs and tes in targets.

Thanks for your reply.

I think Ridley could be the best wr from this draft.

And I agree it looks bad for him from the standpoint of targets.

But, I do think he’s better then Sanu, and we all know that at some point during the season Jones will start having deva issues, kidding somewhat.

So I think he could have lower targets then let’s say Kirk, but with a better surrounding cast and a much better Qb situation he could have more production even with less targets.

Thanks.

Sorry, but I won't judge a person by one action that only resulted in a broken van window. If it turns into a pattern then it's an problem, but as of now its a non issue.

I was just wondering how many of the 95% of partiers were taken away in handcuffs for damaging other people's expensive property. Nothing more than that really.

When did golf become so dangerous.

Maybe we need golf control. Lol.

Thanks.

Haha... Just found out he was throwing rocks at multiple vehicles. Seriously how old is this guy? Straight up idiot. I wonder if he would have been put in jail if he caught someone throwing rocks at his car and went all gangster on them.

Kid needs too find something better too do, I mean standing around watching golf.

That's a reason to take him off your draft board alone.

Lol right.

Thanks.

Throwing rocks at car windows is enough.

Throwing rocks at car windows is enough.

See he wouldn’t have been so bored if he wasn’t watching golf.

The game of golf is really the problem.

No one should ever be standing around watching someone play golf.

I blame the game for Kirks weakness in his decision making.

Thanks.