Sign in to follow this  
naomi

Your favorite place

Almost called this your "happy place"...figured it would get off track fast.

So my mom found this first video of a property near my grandparents property in Mendocino Co. California. Walking down the Alder Creek Road was one of the best ways to get to the ocean from their place. I :wub: this area so much. It's been isolated (long way from major cities in either direction) but I get the impression it's getting more populated.

Because it's gorgeous and has the nostalgia factor, I don't think another place will top it for me. The creek is actually sitting in a San Andreas earthquake fault line.

He just forgets to mention that where he's surfing is known Great White breeding ground.

Nearby down Highway 1:

Definitely wish I could have afforded them :D

Vegas, Specifically the Vue bar at the D, drinking a cold beer, playing some video poker with sports on the TV in front of me and a wager on the winning team in whatever game is on.

o/u on the # of responses before someone says "your mom" ?

Out on a boat fishing for northern pike so far up north you can barely pick up a radio station. Done it 3 times. Besides the fish...the 10 day media blackout is worth it. Fly in Northern quebec!!!!

• Like 1

Not a specific place, but when I'm put-putting around a lake on a pontoon.

Still going. :rolleyes:

In my region I love French Creek state park. Also really like the beach especially North Wildwood and Cape May.

Im a mountains guy. Smokies in Tennessee would be the ones closest to home I love.

Rockies are spectacular.

Probably the most beautiful places Ive seen are Maui and Scotland.

I wanna build me a cabin in the mountains in the Philippines one day. I like a mountain skyline.

• Like 1

At a concert

On a golf course, dusk, chasing the sun to finish.. It's the most fantastic and beautiful time to ever play - the colors, sights and sounds are second to none.

At our summer place. Kids love it and so do my wife and I. During the day, we hang out at the beach. There's an ice cream and candy shop.

At night we'll grill out, then make a fire and roast marshmallows. Kids take flashlights and look for frogs. Adults have a couple drinks and relax.

We're almost completely unplugged from the rest of the world when we're there. No iPads, video games or TV. Cellphone reception is spotty. We do have a TV and some movies, but only watch those if it's too cold or raining.

Memories from over there are priceless.

MLB day game during the work week. Even though it usually ends in sadness -- I am talking Mariners afterall -- nothing better than blowing off work for a few hours, having a couple overly priced beers, and just enjoying a ball game in the sunshine. Luckily my sched is flexible enough that I can do this every now and then.

Baker Beach- about a block away from my parents house in San Francisco. I would also gladly take any tropical beach, but this place was a refuge for me growing up.

https://ssl.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000BThgwi4j66I/s/750/san-francisco-baker-beach-golden-gate-bridge-california108824.jpg

My large family room. its child proofed, so I can basically let my son wander around unattended like livestock while I jerk it to online slapfights. :thumbsup:

Second place is my in ground pool with the deck around it. Honorable mention to Charles Oakleys car wash.

Prove it

it was the oldstadium. December 2001. Was my first weekend off after 9/11. Good time. Great steak. Giants lost, Sehorn played like a puzzy as usual.

If anyone wants to see pictures of my old pool PM me. It was sweet, I'm going to miss it this summer.

There are lots of pics of in ground pools with decks around them on Google Images. I know this because I looked it up to make sure my story was plausible. :thumbsup:

If anyone wants to see pictures of my old pool PM me. It was sweet, I'm going to miss it this summer.

yeah... send me some pics. and not the same kind as last time :nono:

Like I said , if anyone wants to see the pics PM me.

I used to live in a house with a creek in the backyard.

PM me if youd like to privately see pictures of the creek that was in the backyard of the house I used to live in. I kept them in case you wanted to see them, privately. :ninja:

My daughters pre-k is 162 miles from Fishtown, which makes it 154 miles from MDC's rowhouse.

Vegas, Specifically the Vue bar at the D, drinking a cold beer, playing some video poker with sports on the TV in front of me and a wager on the winning team in whatever game is on.

Is that downtown?

Anywhere in the mountains. Nearby, the Kalalau trail is tough to beat. Red rocks in Vegas is awesome. Back bowls of Vail. But any snow covered peak away from people is just as good.

Thats prime Dallas real estate, dont sell.

A river runs through it.

• Like 1

Anywhere in the mountains. Nearby, the Kalalau trail is tough to beat. Red rocks in Vegas is awesome. Back bowls of Vail. But any snow covered peak away from people is just as good.

I just heard of this a few weeks ago, looks insane. I couldn't imagine having mountains and beach on the same damn hike. Some of the sections look dangerous as fock, I am pretty sure some old lady fell to her death the other day.

Have you hiked it?

What would be best time of year?

I just heard of this a few weeks ago, looks insane. I couldn't imagine having mountains and beach on the same damn hike. Some of the sections look dangerous as fock, I am pretty sure some old lady fell to her death the other day.

Have you hiked it?

What would be best time of year?

Ive hiked it multiple times. Its not too dangerous if you take it slow on the exposed sections - just a couple hundred feet, and there are fixed ropes where it is sketchiest. Go in the summer to avoid the rain, which makes the trail slippery and streams impassable.

All that being said, Kauai is a disaster area after recent floods. Last I heard, the road to the trailhead is still blocked by debris. Actually have a friend that was hiking it during the bad storms and had to desert their rental car.

• Like 1

Ive hiked it multiple times. Its not too dangerous if you take it slow on the exposed sections - just a couple hundred feet, and there are fixed ropes where it is sketchiest. Go in the summer to avoid the rain, which makes the trail slippery and streams impassable.

All that being said, Kauai is a disaster area after recent floods. Last I heard, the road to the trailhead is still blocked by debris. Actually have a friend that was hiking it during the bad storms and had to desert their rental car.

You ever done the road to hana on Maui? That is perhaps the most beautiful place Ive ever seen.