Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

How old are your kids?

8, 11, and oldest turns 13 next month

:bench:

4. I love being a dad so freaking much. I was made to do this job. He is the single best thing I have ever done.

Age is a social construct. I let my children decide how old they are on any given day.

7,2, 7 months....all girls. I suck at pretty much every job I've ever done. Partly because I never found anything I really wanted to do. I do daddy pretty well. My kids certainly aren't going to get cheated in the dad being involved Department

8 yo is still sweet, 11 year old's personality I feel is kinda who he is (the lone boy), but fock I'm about done with the attitude I get most days from the oldest girl :mad:

8 yo is still sweet, 11 year old's personality I feel is kinda who he is (the lone boy), but fock I'm about done with the attitude I get most days from the oldest girl :mad:

When I had my first girl I had an old-timer tell me "let me give you some advice. You're going to think you got this kid until she's 18 and she leaves the house. You really have her until she's about 8 because she gets friends and she's realizes you don't know shitt".

Hah

threev

N/A

Being a parent is great for the majority of people, it's just not for me :cheers:

18 and 20. Enjoying shelling out for the 2 years of overlap in college.

N/A

Being a parent is great for the majority of people, it's just not for me :cheers:

Wasn't for me either, until I was one.

Greatest thing ever

Greatest thing ever

My brother in law says the same thing. :thumbsup:

Greatest thing ever

I'm sure I would feel the same, but have no desire to. I enjoy my freedom :cheers:

I'm sure I would feel the same, but have no desire to. I enjoy my freedom :cheers:

I respect that - - A LOT.

mine are 12 and 9 - and make no mistake - I'm all in on the parenting thing - you have to be - and for those that don't want to be, they just shouldn't be parents.

Being a parent has to be what you want to do, it has to be your priority, it can't be something that gets in the way of all the other stuff you want to do.

• Like 1

11 y/o girl, 9 y/o boy, 4 y/o girl

I did too. I put it off till I was 38. Each day that I have him in my life I regret putting it off for so long.

I did too. I put it off till I was 38. Each day that I have him in my life I regret putting it off for so long.

That's how old I am :o

And good for you for feeling that way, I'm sure you're a great dad. Like I said, just not for me :cheers:

31 (son) - Makes and repairs Loupes

28 (daughter) - Real Estate Sales

22 (son) - Senior Airman, USAF

17 (son) - Finishing Junior year of HS.

Yes, I am old. Only one more to put thru college unless I can convince him to go the military route.

18 and 20. Enjoying shelling out for the 2 years of overlap in college.

I have no idea how I am going to put my kids through college...

Stepson who's 33. Two grandkids through him, ages 10 & 5.

My daughter's 21.

2 boys. 1 and 4.

The 4 years old is a pain in the ass. It's like he searches for things to have meltdowns over. It has been an extremely challenging 4 years.

The 1 year old is the sweetest kid ever and never stops smiling.

4. I love being a dad so freaking much. I was made to do this job. He is the single best thing I have ever done.

If you think being a dad is awesome. Wait until you're a grandpa. It's even better.

2 boys. 1 and 4.

The 4 years old is a pain in the ass. It's like he searches for things to have meltdowns over. It has been an extremely challenging 4 years.

The 1 year old is the sweetest kid ever and never stops smiling.

Sounds like this place is a perfect fit for him.

12 year old daughter. mostly love it. a couple of pre-teen moments, but she is a good girl.

"May you live to see your children's children grow to be honorable men and women"

Can't tell you how much I love this quote... can't be many things more satisfying than that... sitting back in old age, seeing your kids and grand kids grown, healthy, happy, and successful. Your work and you legacy is complete.

22 (son) - Autistic, Tried a year of college, works in Walmart Distribution, lives (and most likely always will) at (or close) with us.

20 (son) - LCpl USMC, Helicopter ordianance

• Like 1

Son (22) just graduated and has a job as a product marketing manager with a major semiconductor company. I'm incredibly proud of him as I wanted to help (I sell into that industry so have a bazillion contacts) but he wanted to do it on his own.

Daughter (almost 20) just started an internship. She is in Pittsburgh for 2 weeks of training then heads to San Diego for 2.5 months to help repair commercial circuit breakers. :o Which probably means hold the wrench for the person who actually knows how not to get electricuted... nonetheless, also proud of her getting that job. Also she had lived in a dorm and a shared house the past two years but will be living with us next school year which should be interesting.

Daughter (almost 17) is the one with diabetes and also at that PITA age for girls. Thankfully I know from her older sister that it goes away eventually... mostly... :D

All ages are fun and challenging with kids, in different ways. :cheers:

The world needs ditch diggers too.

Agreed... But somehow they are really smart...

22 (son) - Autistic, Tried a year of college, works in Walmart Distribution, lives (and most likely always will) at (or close) with us.

20 (son) - LCpl USMC, Helicopter ordianance

Hereditary?

I kid :cheers:

None of your business. :nono:

Although we are becoming a foster home. :thumbsup:

17 son, 2 days left in Jr year so may as well call him a Sr. God how time flies. Remember kindergarten like it was yesterday. I keep reminding him that he has a year left of the easy life. He's not getting it. Stay tuned for announcement of military service.

• Like 1