Sign in to follow this  
Mungwater

Starbucks new all is welcome policy

Im sure this will turn out well.

They did clarify no sleeping or drug use.

Talk about an overreaction

Will be fun to read about paying customers deciding to go elsewhere because of the filthy homeless that reek of sh1t and piss.

I think that manager in Philadelphia was a Peets Coffee double agent.

• Haha 1

I'm going to throw my kids birthday party there. Forget renting space anymore, its a freebie. I may or may not buy a Latte.

I'm going to throw my kids birthday party there. Forget renting space anymore, its a freebie. I may or may not buy a Latte.

Now we are talking.

So what about if I need a place to sleep? Why cant I stay there overnight? Or can I?

Sh*t. Bring your own.

Sh*t. Bring your own.

And start selling your own lattes there.

Hey, could I get a couple Starbucks cups? I brought my own carafe of coffee.

Will be fun to read about paying customers deciding to go elsewhere because of the filthy homeless that reek of sh1t and piss.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

• Thanks 1

There’s only one policy any business needs. The right to refuse service for any reason, to anyone.

This for sure. I like Peet’s better anyway. I went into the local McDonald’s the other day and a guy came up to me looking for a hand out and he said I don’t want your dollar I want you to buy me the large Big Mac combo. Well I guess living in the SF Bay Area, the homeless can move from the BART stations to Starbucks

Just because they have restrooms, doesn't mean the corner near the counter isn't still a valid option.

They don’t care it the homeless etc. show up, it will show their tolerance for these people. It is time to get groups of people together with MAGA hats and have them meet at the local Starbucks because this will upset them big time.

so we going long on Peets or Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. Hedging bets and getting some of both

I would hazard to guess that in most places, a large majority of Starbucks business is drive through. Theyll be fine.

Seattle Starbucks baristas dispose of hypodermic needles left behind by drug users nearly every day: report

Starbucks baristas in Seattle have revealed they have to dispose of hypodermic needles left behind by drug users nearly every day.

[Needle users] put them in the tampon disposal boxes in the bathrooms and we have to dig them out,” one barista claimed.

The baristas, who were not named, said they want the coffee chain to install locked needle disposal boxes in restrooms to avoid being jabbed.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/seattle-starbucks-baristas-dispose-of-hypodermic-needles-left-behind-by-drug-users-nearly-every-day-report

Seattle Starbucks baristas dispose of hypodermic needles left behind by drug users nearly every day: report

Starbucks baristas in Seattle have revealed they have to dispose of hypodermic needles left behind by drug users nearly every day.

[Needle users] put them in the tampon disposal boxes in the bathrooms and we have to dig them out,” one barista claimed.

The baristas, who were not named, said they want the coffee chain to install locked needle disposal boxes in restrooms to avoid being jabbed.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/seattle-starbucks-baristas-dispose-of-hypodermic-needles-left-behind-by-drug-users-nearly-every-day-report

Perfect. Way to become the junkie place, no way would I go there if this were known to be true my local haunts..... I would either drive further way or find a drive thru maybe ...

NYT has an October surprise investigation of Trump and Trumps father business practices. I cant tell you what its about, I didnt read it, just saw the headline.

Maybe to remedy the situation they will enact a Shooting Up is ONLY Allowed With Purchase policy.

It has been 7 months since the famous purveyor of caffeinated confection, Starbucks, declared their bathrooms “open to the public” without the need to purchase their products.

Data suggests that the virtue signaling isn’t working out as well as hoped by the corporate leaders. A New York Post team investigated several Manhattan bathrooms and found that there wasn’t an open stall.

…A half-dozen toilets were locked or barricaded for no clear reason. Others were closed for prolonged “cleaning,” which an insider said was needed after extreme soiling caused by drug-using, incontinent vagrants.

“Letting everybody in has resulted in nobody getting in,” an employee at one branch fumed.

“Rest Room closed,” declared signs at 399 Seventh Ave. (entrance on West 32nd Street) and at a branch at Pearl Street and Maiden Lane. At 252 W. 31st St., the road to relief was blocked by garbage cans. Furniture and boxes formed a barrier at 61 W. 56th St.

A rope and traffic cones barred the way at 38 Park Row. When a desperate visitor asked if the loo would reopen any time soon, a barista directed him to a Dunkin’ Donuts nearby.

Why would the bathrooms need “prolonged cleaning”? Perhaps the experience of the Seattle shops provides an explanation:

Several Starbucks workers in Seattle say that they’re encountering hypodermic needles on the job nearly every day and that they’ve had to take antiviral medications to protect themselves from HIV and hepatitis.

Three employees at the coffee giant in northern Seattle told the local news station KIRO 7 that visitors would dispose of the needles in store restrooms, often in tampon-disposal boxes, and that workers would then come in contact with them while cleaning and were sometimes accidentally poked.

KIRO 7 said the three employees provided hospital, pharmacy, and insurance receipts showing that they took antiviral medications to protect against HIV and hepatitis after being poked by needles at work.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2018/12/starbucks-new-bathroom-policy-not-working-out-as-hoped/

It has been 7 months since the famous purveyor of caffeinated confection, Starbucks, declared their bathrooms “open to the public” without the need to purchase their products.

Data suggests that the virtue signaling isn’t working out as well as hoped by the corporate leaders. A New York Post team investigated several Manhattan bathrooms and found that there wasn’t an open stall.

…A half-dozen toilets were locked or barricaded for no clear reason. Others were closed for prolonged “cleaning,” which an insider said was needed after extreme soiling caused by drug-using, incontinent vagrants.

“Letting everybody in has resulted in nobody getting in,” an employee at one branch fumed.

“Rest Room closed,” declared signs at 399 Seventh Ave. (entrance on West 32nd Street) and at a branch at Pearl Street and Maiden Lane. At 252 W. 31st St., the road to relief was blocked by garbage cans. Furniture and boxes formed a barrier at 61 W. 56th St.

A rope and traffic cones barred the way at 38 Park Row. When a desperate visitor asked if the loo would reopen any time soon, a barista directed him to a Dunkin’ Donuts nearby.

Why would the bathrooms need “prolonged cleaning”? Perhaps the experience of the Seattle shops provides an explanation:

Several Starbucks workers in Seattle say that they’re encountering hypodermic needles on the job nearly every day and that they’ve had to take antiviral medications to protect themselves from HIV and hepatitis.

Three employees at the coffee giant in northern Seattle told the local news station KIRO 7 that visitors would dispose of the needles in store restrooms, often in tampon-disposal boxes, and that workers would then come in contact with them while cleaning and were sometimes accidentally poked.

KIRO 7 said the three employees provided hospital, pharmacy, and insurance receipts showing that they took antiviral medications to protect against HIV and hepatitis after being poked by needles at work.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2018/12/starbucks-new-bathroom-policy-not-working-out-as-hoped/

The entire world must be shocked as nobody on the planet, other than a few posters int this thread, could possibly have seen this coming.

That's hilarious. Unintended consequences.... nobody wins.

Reminds me of Florida's ABC Liquor stores that were required to lower the height of all their payphones (back in the 90's) to conform with Americans with Disabilities Act... the result - ABC Liquor simply removed all the payphones. Nobody wins. Yay!

That's hilarious. Unintended consequences.... nobody wins.

Reminds me of Florida's ABC Liquor stores that were required to lower the height of all their payphones (back in the 90's) to conform with Americans with Disabilities Act... the result - ABC Liquor simply removed all the payphones. Nobody wins. Yay!

That is called Liberal Justice!

It has been 7 months since the famous purveyor of caffeinated confection, Starbucks, declared their bathrooms open to the public without the need to purchase their products.

Data suggests that the virtue signaling isnt working out as well as hoped by the corporate leaders. A New York Post team investigated several Manhattan bathrooms and found that there wasnt an open stall.

A half-dozen toilets were locked or barricaded for no clear reason. Others were closed for prolonged cleaning, which an insider said was needed after extreme soiling caused by drug-using, incontinent vagrants.

Letting everybody in has resulted in nobody getting in, an employee at one branch fumed.

Rest Room closed, declared signs at 399 Seventh Ave. (entrance on West 32nd Street) and at a branch at Pearl Street and Maiden Lane. At 252 W. 31st St., the road to relief was blocked by garbage cans. Furniture and boxes formed a barrier at 61 W. 56th St.

A rope and traffic cones barred the way at 38 Park Row. When a desperate visitor asked if the loo would reopen any time soon, a barista directed him to a Dunkin Donuts nearby.

Why would the bathrooms need prolonged cleaning? Perhaps the experience of the Seattle shops provides an explanation:

Several Starbucks workers in Seattle say that theyre encountering hypodermic needles on the job nearly every day and that theyve had to take antiviral medications to protect themselves from HIV and hepatitis.

That sounds like a big city Starbucks/

All of this because 2 black guys could not understand the concept of loitering and refused to move.

I took advantage of this on Sunday. The only problem was there was a line 10 people deep, so I had to wait to use their bathroom.

I think whether this impacts you depends on where you live, it likely does result in less "hanging out" for non-idiots in certain locations.

• Anyone walking into a Starbucks wearing a 'Howard Shultz for President' should qualify for a free latte
  • All homeless people should be provided a free 'Howard Shultz for President' t-shirt 

On 5/22/2018 at 11:56 AM, DonS said:

Makes the drive through much more appealing....depending on the location, this is not a good thing.

One change I noticed at the Starbucks I often stop at near my bus... 

They used to have several comfy chairs. These chairs were always taken up by homeless looking folks who were often asleep.  After a few months they removed the comfy chairs and replaced them with regular hard wooden chairs and tables. Voila! No more bums sleeping the day away! 

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Starbucks coffee and service are both awful.

I frequent them due to convenience. I use their mobile app to order coffee and some sous vide egg bites when my bus is a few blocks away.  My order is ready when I get off bus so I just walk in / walk out without waiting in line or actually having to talk to anyone (other than saying thank you) . Works great. 

12 minutes ago, MDC said:

Starbucks coffee and service are both awful.

The clientele potential is already improving   😜

10 minutes ago, DonS said:

I frequent them due to convenience. I use their mobile app to order coffee and some sous vide egg bites when my bus is a few blocks away.  My order is ready when I get off bus so I just walk in / walk out without waiting in line or actually having to talk to anyone (other than saying thank you) . Works great. 

Every time I go in there’s a line 7-8 deep and one person working the register. Dunkin Donuts is a well oiled machine with better coffee and sammiches.

33 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't drink coffee, so I don't have to worry about Starbucks.

This.  Let me know when they start installing sharps containers at my local liquor stores.

2 hours ago, MDC said:

Every time I go in there’s a line 7-8 deep and one person working the register. Dunkin Donuts is a well oiled machine with better coffee and sammiches.

For sure. Starbucks is the Panera Bread of coffee shops. Bunch of overpriced trash. 

19 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

For sure. Starbucks is the Panera Bread of coffee shops. Bunch of overpriced trash. 

Panera Bread is pricey but their food is really good. 

Just now, MDC said:

Panera Bread is pricey but their food is really good. 

For the price it isn’t. Any local baker in any city has far better bread than Panera could ever offer. And their soup is sh!t too.