Sign in to follow this  
Mungwater

Starbucks new all is welcome policy

6 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

For the price it isn’t. Any local baker in any city has far better bread than Panera could ever offer. And their soup is sh!t too. 

I think the sandwiches and soups are great for a chain place. :dunno:

Starbucks shop boots police officers because customer ‘did not feel safe’ around them

Some police officers in Tempe, Ariz., say they were asked to leave a Starbucks coffeeshop on the Fourth of July because a customer complained they “did not feel safe” with the cops present, according to reports.

Five officers were drinking coffee at the Starbucks location prior to their shift beginning when a barista asked them to move out of the complaining customer’s line of sight or else leave, the Tempe Officers Association wrote in a series of Twitter messages.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/starbucks-shop-boots-police-officers-because-customer-did-not-feel-safe-reports

9 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Starbucks shop boots police officers because customer ‘did not feel safe’ around them

Some police officers in Tempe, Ariz., say they were asked to leave a Starbucks coffeeshop on the Fourth of July because a customer complained they “did not feel safe” with the cops present, according to reports.

Five officers were drinking coffee at the Starbucks location prior to their shift beginning when a barista asked them to move out of the complaining customer’s line of sight or else leave, the Tempe Officers Association wrote in a series of Twitter messages.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/starbucks-shop-boots-police-officers-because-customer-did-not-feel-safe-reports

I didn’t read the article.  If this is true, we are even more focked than I ever thought.

edit, can’t be true.  None of the unbiased websites ar carrying this story.  CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC.  None of em.

43 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Ridiculous.

I think Starbucks she be applauded here, and the police should honor their request and never step foot on that property ever again, for any reason, no matter what.....it’s the right thing to do 

36 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I think Starbucks she be applauded here, and the police should honor their request and never step foot on that property ever again, for any reason, no matter what.....it’s the right thing to do 

They could have said “we’re not leaving, call the cops if you don’t like it”

Just now, Baker Boy said:

They could have said “we’re not leaving, call the cops if you don’t like it”

Were any of the cops able to identify as a minority? They could sue I bet....

If a customer had complained about not feeling safe with blacks present I wonder how the barista would have handled it.

6 minutes ago, fandandy said:

If a customer had complained about not feeling safe with blacks present I wonder how the barista would have handled it.

I don’t wonder one bit.  I also guarantee Sharpton, Jackson, Booker and Harris would be flapping too!

3 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

The article didn't describe the customer who complained.  Hopefully the customer will need the police at some point and they'll say "fock you" and head to Peets instead. 

If I were a bum, I'd sit there all day and elbow away the other bums in a fight to get my hands on any half finished drinks.

ordinarily in this case, I would side with the cops. But these are Tempe cops. And those guys have been involved in so much bad s*** it's not even funny.

Besides, what are you? Freaking girls? Half a dozen cops standing around gossiping?

Still, Starbucks seriously messed up.  alternatively, they should have called in an officer down at the closest donut shop.

I would have requested that they stay simply because that left wing piece of sh1t wanted them gone. I would have said him being in there requesting police leave makes me feel unsafe. Thus calling his bluff.

Starbucks has apologized, and I am hesitant to hold the entire company accountable for one idiot....but stupidity and Starbucks seem to be all too common lately...

13 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Starbucks has apologized, and I am hesitant to hold the entire company accountable for one idiot....but stupidity and Starbucks seem to be all too common lately...

Will they be closing all their stores again for another special meeting to discuss sensitivity bullsh1t? 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lod001 said:

I would have requested that they stay simply because that left wing piece of sh1t wanted them gone. I would have said him being in there requesting police leave makes me feel unsafe. Thus calling his bluff.

It's actually mind boggling that someone would actually act on that complaint.  

I doubt there will be a corporate release telling us he was fired 

6 hours ago, DonS said:

Will they be closing all their stores again for another special meeting to discuss sensitivity bullsh1t? 

I doubt it, sure seems like the last event was not entirely effective.

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I doubt it, sure seems like the last event was not entirely effective.

That was just posturing to appear woke.  Speaking up for law enforcement doesn't count as virtue signaling so there's no PR angle to calm the sky screaming masses. 

On 7/7/2019 at 2:58 PM, DonS said:

That was just posturing to appear woke.  Speaking up for law enforcement doesn't count as virtue signaling so there's no PR angle to calm the sky screaming masses. 

It is amusing that ANY sane person could have seen this coming from the start......and yet the "woke" seem surprised.  It really is as if they have no idea at all what the world is really like out there. 

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

I guess it's time to tally the winners and losers here. 

Here's TWO in the "L" column.  The person who posted (known), and the person who gave it a "Thanks" reaction (unknown).