Sign in to follow this  
edjr

How do you do your rigging?

How do you rig?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. How is it rigged?

• Jury
    • Nagger

This if the kind of stuff I think about, that kept me out of the good schools.

Heavy. I use rigging all the time at work. I have lifted some pretty heavy objects. The worst is pulling on a chain fall allll day. The arms get pretty tired

I post voting reminders in the welfare office with the wrong date and pass out absentee ballots with Baker Boy's mailing address on them.

Jimmy

When I was a kid it was always n*gger rigged, but since it's 2018 and I long since stopped using that word, it's hard to vote for it.

When I was a kid it was always n*gger rigged, but since I don't use that word anymore, it's hard to vote for it.

Its african American engineered now. Gotta PC it up.

Spoon, rubber strap, lighter.... :ninja:

you know your stuff :cheers:

don't forget the cotton. Wouldn't want to shoot a chunk in your vein (that's not for heroin though)

Theres also this:

This ones for you, DIY fans. Jury-rigged means something was assembled quickly with the materials on hand. Jerry-built means it was cheaply built. Jerry-rigged is a combination of these two words. Jerry-rigged is a relatively new word. Many people consider it to be an incorrect version of jury-rigged, but its widely used in everyday speech.

I never knew jury rigged was a nautical term.

More on jury and jerry here: (No mention of Ns)

http://www.dictionary.com/e/jury-rigged-vs-jerry-rigged/

Remember if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Depends on the project, for 2d either After Effects or Character animator, but for 3D rigs it's easier in Cinema 4D.

I post voting reminders in the welfare office with the wrong date and pass out absentee ballots with Baker Boy's mailing address on them.

I don't remember if it was Russians or just your average reddit troll, but back in Nov 2016 people were sharing memes on twitter about being able to vote from home by texting a certain number and pressing 1 for Hillary and 2 for Trump.

Know your meme http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/vote-from-home

:lol:

Is nagger rigged a thing?

There were no racial connotations to it. It was just what you said when you Macgyver'd up some .

Carolina or Texas. Depends on the murkiness of the water.

Its african American engineered now. Gotta PC it up.

Afro engineering. :thumbsup:

Theres also this:

This ones for you, DIY fans. Jury-rigged means something was assembled quickly with the materials on hand. Jerry-built means it was cheaply built. Jerry-rigged is a combination of these two words. Jerry-rigged is a relatively new word. Many people consider it to be an incorrect version of jury-rigged, but its widely used in everyday speech.

I never knew jury rigged was a nautical term.

More on jury and jerry here: (No mention of Ns)

http://www.dictionary.com/e/jury-rigged-vs-jerry-rigged/

Jerry rigged is a hand me down from WWII. Gerry rigging was a term used to describe German battlefield engineering. (Maybe inclusive in the link, didn't look)

You can Jimmy a door or a window open supposedly

ETA but thats not a rigger thats different

Nagger.

Said it in front of a nagger not too long ago. I was mildly embarrassed

Nagger.

Said it in front of a nagger not too long ago. I was mildly embarrassed

Was talking to black guy at a body shop today. Dad bought his daughter's car in for repairs a few months ago. Tried to have it done as cheap as possible. Work was terrible on so many levels. Used twist ties to level the radiator even though my appraisal paid for new mounts.

Him: We nig.ger rigged it to save a buck. Bunny: Really? Walked away disgusted.

What is a real shame is I can't use my free speech to say the actual word nagger but must accept the freedoms of speech for the bastards who kneel down to the American Flag..

Pisses me the eff off!

• Like 1

We cant say Nagger but we can say stuff like

Have a good day officer and hey dad how was work?

Atta boy

I miss bass fishing with my heterosexual life partner :(

Damn, but did we have fun. Even with the sometimes it runs, sometimes it doesn't boat.

Never should have sold it :(

Is nagger rigged a thing?

Yeah. It was when we were kids anyway. It means to do something in a half ass slapdash fashion with whatever you have handy.

Did you fix the lawmower? Nah, but I n!gger rigged it. It will get us through for today.

I miss bass fishing with my heterosexual life partner :(

Damn, but did we have fun. Even with the sometimes it runs, sometimes it doesn't boat.

Never should have sold it :(

I lost my bass buddy to cancer a couple years ago. I haven't been out much since. We used to smash em on Gary Yamamoto double tailed hula grubs in green pumpkin with black flake Texas rigged with a 1/8-1/4 oz black bullet weight. Fockers would smash em and the fight was on. River smallies are a lot of fun and put up a good fight.

I'm pretty sure jury is just people mispronouncing jerry, which is a slur against Germans.

I'm pretty sure jury is just people mispronouncing jerry, which is a slur against Germans.

Jury rigging is both a noun and a verb describing makeshift repairs made with only the tools and materials at hand. Its origin lies in such efforts done on boats and ships, characteristically sail powered to begin with. After a dismasting, a replacement mast and if necessary yard would be fashioned and stayed to allow a craft to resume making way.

The adjectival use of "jury", in the sense of makeshift or temporary, has been said to date from at least 1616 when according to the 1933 edition of the Oxford Dictionary of the English Language it appeared in John Smith's A Description of New England.[1] It appeared in Smith's more extensive The General History of Virginia, New-England, and the Summer Isles published in 1624.[2] The phrase "jury rigged" has been in use since at least 1788.[1]

Two theories about the origin of this usage of "jury rig" are:

A corruption of joury masti.e. a mast for the day, a temporary mast, being a spare used when the mast has been carried away. (From French jour, "a day".[3])

From the Latin adjutare ("to aid") via Old French ajurie ("help or relief").[4]

Jury is also a black guy name

I like to get her elbows to touch behind her back, it makes her teats swell out. Maybe some strappado too.

I like it!