Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round One-Three Commentary - June Mock 2018 **

1.02 Gurley:

Well, I was considering Elliott here as I was thinking RLLD may take Gurley at 1.01, so his pick made mine easy. I know Gurley is the "consensus" #1 pick which makes me leary......but he is one of the top 3-4 RBs in the draft. He is in a great offense and the entire LAR team has improved and with that great defense Gurley should get the ball often in 2018.

I'm really not a fan of the 5 spot in a non-PPR draft this year. I prefer to get a great RB but once the top 4 are gone I'm not really sure a RB is worth taking over AB. AB has been the most consistent WR in the NFL so I figured I'd take the best WR instead of hoping I'm taking a decent RB.

I find that there are reasons to love and fear the top three picks, according to the prevailing ADP, this year. I went Elliot as I feel he will continue to get touches, and I also feel that they will not overwork him. So long as his touches are high-quality, and I believe they will be, then he will get his points for me, but the team will likely treat him with some caution and not over work him, allowing him to remain fresh throughout the season, and perhaps injury-free.

Surprised to see Hopkins go that early, although it's hard to argue against the pick. Just thought some potentially foundation RBs still existed and a WR of similar value could have been had in the second round.

Also interesting to me that David Johnson went before Le'Veon Bell.

More surprises to come, I am sure. :music_guitarred:

Im here. Ill put in some predraft lists in the future. Trying to decide between three dudes right now. I like my choices, but its a bit of a reach for potential or old dependable choice for me.

Im here. Ill put in some predraft lists in the future. Trying to decide between three dudes right now. I like my choices, but its a bit of a reach for potential or old dependable choice for me.

By the way, welcome back! Sorry you had to leave the draft early last year for personal reasons. Hope things are better at present.

• Like 1

By the way, welcome back! Sorry you had to leave the draft early last year for personal reasons. Hope things are better at present.

Thank you sir. It was just a "when it rains, it pours" situation. Happy to report that I'm healthy and ready to draft!

8th pick. Kareem Hunt. Despite a few duds in the middle of the season, I loved what Hunt did last year, especially finishing out the regular season strong. I expect a similar season from him this season, which definitely constitutes a mid first round pick.

I was stuck between two players who were still on the board. Like the upside of the other but loved the usage of Gordon and the fact that he suited up 16 games last year, and is on a high powered offense. I see no reason to predict anything other than equal or better stats this year for him. I ruled Hunt out because of his pass protection problems. He started out on fire last year then they had to protect themselves from his deficiency some, and his numbers dropped. I feel 1500 combined yards and 12 td's for Gordon is a given with health.

well this did not fall the way i expected. was really hoping hunt or gordon would be there at 1.12 so i didn't have to double dip on giants

I was all over Gordon like white on rice. I don't know what is not to like about the #5 RB last year that has coaching/QB stability and is not coming off injury. Sounds to me like more of the same should be expected this season.

ICEMAN

• Like 1

Fournette was the other in the equation. Love the way they try to shorten the game with him with that great defense and commitment to run. The down side is his chronic ankle. He should improve in his sophomore season given his health.

Saquon was the other guy I was look at for the 8th pick. I think he'll be a good RB this season. 1st round worthy? We'll see. But I would say his floor is not very low.

• Like 1

If the Giants are anything like last year, there will be no stopping WW's team! :lol:

Just updating the resource threads. Will be picking momentarily. Trying to decide between Bam Morris and Rae Carruth.

Four WRs to start the second round is interesting.

On a side note, this is blazing fast speed for the June Mock and we're not exactly slow normally.

I considered Thomas, especially since i hate Odell and got cornered into the Barkley pick a little bit but Odell's ceiling just too high. We shall see.

Hey...has any player's draft value increased like Dalvin Cook's value after a devastating season ending injury?

No?

Hoped and prayed for Thomas, but knew fumble was sitting on him like a bird dog on point. The Bengals made OL moves which will aid the team greatly. I feel A.J. is a fairly safe 2nd round #1 Wr. I'm projecting 1150 yards and 8 TD's for him.

I was caught between Dalvin and Green for my pick, and decided to go conservative. I like Dalvin this season, just don't like the early possible time share.

Hoped and prayed for Thomas, but knew fumble was sitting on him like a bird dog on point. The Bengals made OL moves which will aid the team greatly. I feel A.J. is a fairly safe 2nd round #1 Wr. I'm projecting 1150 yards and 8 TD's for him.

What are old friends for? :lol:

And yes, I mean old as in longtime and truly...old.

• Like 1

Speaking of which, how old is everybody here? Just curious. Not sure we've ever asked that during this mock.

I am 47.

Speaking of which, how old is everybody here? Just curious. Not sure we've ever asked that during this mock.

I am 47.

I'll be 35 in a couple weeks.

33. Feels like I started posting here when I was...16?

and yes i did start posting here 2-3 years before the date on this user name. my previous one was TheWhiteWonder.

I had to have been like 14 or 15

I am 47.

After taking Antonio Brown in the 1st round I felt I needed to take the best RB left which happened to be Devonta Freeman. It was hard to pass up on the WRs available but I know the RB pool will get shallow fast.