Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Four-Six Commentary**

stand by

Not unhappy to have access to Brandin Cooks, but there are certainly some questions marks with him, likely a boom or bust player.... Jeffery might have fewer questions around him, I suspect that he steadily improves his performance over time, could end up a top 10 player overall if things go well

Yeah, I boned that, for some reason when I looked at the draft list I thought I was not up

Not unhappy to have access to Brandin Cooks, but there are certainly some questions marks with him, likely a boom or bust player.... Jeffery might have fewer questions around him, I suspect that he steadily improves his performance over time, could end up a top 10 player overall if things go well

I feel the same about Cooks but I really like the Jeffery pick. He's a really good WR on a really good offense.

I am very apprehensive about Demaryius Thomas this year, he sorta burned me a bit last year, and I am even less confident about the overall offense and QB this year......I have him as something to avoid.

love the DT pick. Honestly believe the simple QB change can do nothing but help his numbers from last season. Obviously not a perfect storm by any means but good value here. possibly great value.

I was planning on taking Jeffery or Robinson here but they went right before me. I'm worried that Fitzgerald could be done at any moment but he's still a stud. I'm also worried about his QB situation. I'm taking a shot here.

That's NINE straight wide receivers picked. That's got to be the mother of all runs.

I had Cooks and Thomas tops on my list. I'll take Robinson (though double dipping in Chicago doesn't thrill me) and hope he rebounds with the young QB.

I was planning on taking Jeffery or Robinson here but they went right before me. I'm worried that Fitzgerald could be done at any moment but he's still a stud. I'm also worried about his QB situation. I'm taking a shot here.

Fitz will be money. He's made for Bradford and the rookie will lean on him if he gets the nod.

My sense is that those picks of Jones and Tate may have been reactionary to the run, is that the case? It seems like they want pretty early.

My sense is that those picks of Jones and Tate may have been reactionary to the run, is that the case? It seems like they want pretty early.

Probably a combination of the run and us having to start 3 WRs, which bumps up their value a bit.

Okay.

When I took DeShaun Watson in round 4, it was a strategy change. Ertz had been my target, and should have been mine, but Riceman decided to go against his philosophy. So, with a passel of WRs that I liked, I decided to be certain of the QB that I really wanted. The other one, that should be gone, I wasn't interested in, but more on that later. I didn't regret the Watson pick, and was pretty certain he wasn't sliding to my next pick. The choice was easy. . .

Until every single one of you decided you needed a WR in the ensuing picks. A run? Not a surprise. I wanted Marvin Jones, and it was reasonable to see him falling. But I disagree with RLLD on that; Jones had 1100 yards last year, and came into his own. He was simply a good pick. The run shades what it was. And for 2 rounds in a row, I was sniped.

Michael Crabtree is more reactionary, as I need someone that's reliable. He is what he is, and I'm not a Flacco fan, but he at least knows to throw to reliable targets, and I anticipated Crabtree seeing the ball come his direction a whole lot. So . . . there's my boring pick. I'll try to avoid that moving forward.

Twelve in a row. This bordering on absurd at this point.

This run on WR is also an indictment with respect to how people feel about the remaining RBs at the moment.

Had another TE in mind but just had to take this shot on Graham with Rodgers. Jimmy has played two complete 16 game seasons since his injury and turned in a solid 57 catch season for 520 yards and 10 Td's. That is about what I predict for him this year. I have him for 600 yards and 10 td's.....welcome to the Packers.

Had another TE in mind but just had to take this shot on Graham with Rodgers. Jimmy has played two complete 16 game seasons since his injury and turned in a solid 57 catch season for 520 yards and 10 Td's. That is about what I predict for him this year. I have him for 600 yards and 10 td's.....welcome to the Packers.

wish u had left him. nice pick

I was wondering when Graham would go. He just doesn't seem to be the same guy, but is still good enough to put up decent numbers. Though the TE position never seems to produce a lot in GB.

The value of Graham and Brady where taken is substantial, reaping the results of a long WR run....nice

The Brady selection by Fumble is what wrong about this no hassle league. That was an early No hassle hedge and really does not give Mike what he is looking for in this draft. This was not a late pick that Fumble has many times stated were the only real picks affected.

Dion Lewis is still alive?

The Brady selection by Fumble is what wrong about this no hassle league. That was an early No hassle hedge and really does not give Mike what he is looking for in this draft. This was not a late pick that Fumble has many times stated were the only real pick affected.

Not true actually. Were this a regular league, I still make that pick. Brady slid way too far and think the difference between WR # 28 and #38 is fairly negligible. Two options exist for the pick in a regular league. One, trade one of the QBs at some point for a position of need or two, keep them both and play the matchups. There is so much history on Brady that you pretty much know which games he will be scoring the most points in. If I play the matchups correctly and start each QB when he has a home game, my numbers at that position should be unequaled in a regular league or otherwise.

Not true actually. Were this a regular league, I still make that pick. Brady slid way too far and think the difference between WR # 28 and #38 is fairly negligible. Two options exist for the pick in a regular league. One, trade one of the QBs at some point for a position of need or two, keep them both and play the matchups. There is so much history on Brady that you pretty much know which games he will be scoring the most points in. If I play the matchups correctly and start each QB when he has a home game, my numbers at that position should be unequaled in a regular league or otherwise.

Trust me. I was all over Brady if Fumble didn't take him.

ICEMAN

ICEMAN

The difference that remote is referencing is that you didn't already have a QB. I just look at things from a different perspective than most when it comes to stockpiling talent at a single position. I am still old-school VBD in many ways. I look for players that drop for no good reason at all and snatch them. In the end, I've found it gives me upside and options.

ICEMAN

Granted, I stand by my statement that the No hassle league is not a good combo with a board high profile draft.

Granted, I stand by my statement that the No hassle league is not a good combo with a board high profile draft.

If you think I made that pick based primarily on No-Hassle format, you would be incorrect as I have already stated.

I was thinking that Sony might be taken in this area, I want to state that I have no faith that he will be allowed to make the impact he is capable of in NE, which treats the running game as that nice little thing to do once in a while....and I am not convinced he has the ability to sustain through an entire NFL season either, JMHO

If there's a league to take him in, it's a best ball league.

But I'm done with the NE running game. It's just not worth the aggravation of trying to divine what's in Belichick's head this week.

• Like 1

Damn was hoping Michel made it back to me

He was not making it back to you. I had him already locked & loaded for my next pick.

ICEMAN

Remote, you picked ahead of me by mistake. Try again, old man.

I had my sites set on Cam. I knew Brady wouldn't fall as I expected him gone a full round ago, but I felt Cam might. Happy with a steady top 5 guy in a very high scoring offense that uses the backs as receivers. I am looking for 4500 yards and 29 td's.....make that 30 with his customary 1 rushing td yearly.

Remote, you picked ahead of me by mistake. Try again, old man.

Haha! I know what town you live in and I guarantee I would have hunted you down had you also taken Brees. lol! sorry about that. I was just damn glad to see Lynch go and not my QB.