Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Hit a home run, walk to the dug out. Why run the bases? MLB should look into this

skip to 9 minute mark. Holy sh1t does that fat guy (3rd hitter) hit a BOMB!

I agree with this. If you hit a bomb you should just walk off the field.

The HR trot is not for the player's benefit, it's for the fans.

i'm 45, I don't need to see a guy crawl around the bases

i'm 45, I don't need to see a guy crawl around the bases

You're right, you are 45 - 45 and crotchety - but there are a ton of fans you aren't, including kids.

True, plus in most cases the batter is running it out and half way between first and second when it goes out. Also if a guy just walked off, the next batter would get plunked.

True, plus in most cases the batter is running it out and half way between first and second when it goes out. Also if a guy just walked off, the next batter would get plunked.

:doh:

I'm saying for MLB to make it a rule. I don';t expect the players to start doing it, they'd be out

You're right, you are 45 - 45 and crotchety - but there are a ton of fans you aren't, including kids.

kids don't watch baseball, not on tv. my age is all they've got

I hit an inside the park homer last night and immediately regretted it. Should have popped out to short. I'm way too old to run 240 feet straight through.

You go to bed at 8, you don't watch baseball either.

The people and kids at the game prolly do enjoy the trot.

You go to bed at 8, you don't watch baseball either.

The people and kids at the game prolly do enjoy the trot.

9 at the earliest, watch it buB!

sometimes I make it through a whole game :o.

of course, I DVR it and skip commercials

:doh:

I'm saying for MLB to make it a rule. I don';t expect the players to start doing it, they'd be out

What do these words mean? :unsure:

I'm going with my 22 yr old son to the DBacks/Pirates game in 1.5 hours. My 20 yr old daughter (yes she has cans) watches the games on the Fox Sports Go app from her place in San Diego and texts us during.

Kids like baseball if you raise them right. :cheers:

The Rangers suck balls....... The HR fireworks and trots are bout the only thing we get to celebrate in a game. :D

First off, the batter hitting the HR should probably be almost to first base before it gets out of the park, so it is not like it will save a bunch of time. Secondly, if we want to get rid of waste in the game, it won't be the HR trot.

First off, the batter hitting the HR should probably be almost to first base before it gets out of the park, so it is not like it will save a bunch of time. Secondly, if we want to get rid of waste in the game, it won't be the HR trot.

I am not saying they HAVE to head to the dugout. But when a guy hits a no doubter. Just watch it and take a seat.

If the bases are full does everyone walk to the doug out? How about if there is only a runnner on first?

If the bases are full does everyone walk to the doug out? How about if there is only a runnner on first?

watch the video, nitwit

I hit an inside the park homer last night and immediately regretted it. Should have popped out to short. I'm way too old to run 240 feet straight through.

lat time I played I did that, but I only made it about 225 feet when the catcher had the ball already, and my old school mind set in to plow the guy, but then I am thinking this guy is 5'6 150 lbs and I am 6'2 240 running full speed, I am going to kill him, and its just a beer league, so I slow up and try to avoid him and glance off and break my wrist in 2 places

lat time I played I did that, but I only made it about 225 feet when the catcher had the ball already, and my old school mind set in to plow the guy, but then I am thinking this guy is 5'6 150 lbs and I am 6'2 240 running full speed, I am going to kill him, and its just a beer league, so I slow up and try to avoid him and glance off and break my wrist in 2 places

I tried tagging up from 3rd on a pop up that was just barely hit past 2nd base. (I used to be fast)

The catcher was 6'4 250 and I was probably 170 at the time.

Throw was a little high, toward the 3rd base side. He missed the ball and I didn't slide and I got TRUCKED. All he did was jump. I was safe but ouch. One of those things you never forget