Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Eleven-Sixteen Commentary**

Had multiple guys I really wanted here but ultimately went with Amendola. Hes been proven and sounds like he's fitting in well in Miami. We'll see what falls to me next round.

Disappointed that Clement did not make it to my pick, nice grab

Picks sent to Mike, since Fumble's message box is full.

My apologies for that. Space cleared now.

Sorry I took so long. I was actually mulling over what WR to take here. Had 3-4 I was considering, Moore being one of them. In the end, I like Doctson's upside more than the others. I hear he is working hard with his QB and he has the skills to take the next step. As my WR5, I don't have to have high expectations, but he could excel, so....took him.

I will be curious to see where the other 2-3 WRs I was considering will go.

This was probably the toughest pick for me so far. It's getting to the point where I have to decide which positional depth is more important and taking a stab at which players have the best chance at producing. I went with Ridley because he's talented and on a really good offense. Decided to take another WR because of the amount of other guys having the same bye along with having to start 3 WRs each week.

Might not be here for my next pick. Please just select the a QB for me. Im assuming Alex Smith will be around.

The word is he might end back up as a WR. They are gonna see how training camp goes and how the three rookie wr's do. I'm fine with him in either capacity. #5 back or #6 wr

The word is he might end back up as a WR. They are gonna see how training camp goes and how the three rookie wr's do. I'm fine with him in either capacity. #5 back or #6 wr

Montgomery was the other player I really wanted to take other than Ridley. Was a tough choice.

We need a new thread for the next round.

Done. Loved the Ridley pick by the way...

• Like 1

Bryant's likely expulsion makes Cook more valuable, IMO.

Almost took Matthews a while ago.

I know it feels like everything is working against him. Delanie is still the security blanket and Davis is the upside and traditionally they have been a rushing team but this is a new regime now and Matthews feels like great value as a WR5 in round 14.

I guess Desean Jackson is as good of a name as any to take a flyer on in the 14th round.

If the next 4 drafters can draft.......then I will and ask RLLD to stick around and make his next 2 selections. If that happens, we will have completed 14 rounds in 5 days!!

• Like 1

Figured I'd get my kicker before everyone else since I don't believe anyone will be taking the other players I have left to fill my roster. Might as well start the run.

Figured I'd get my kicker before everyone else since I don't believe anyone will be taking the other players I have left to fill my roster. Might as well start the run.

No kicker run for me!! My kicker will be the second to last player taken (#191 overall).

RLLD:

OK, I stuck my head out there.

I made the commitment that if the guys drafted quick this afternoon I would ask you to make your next 2 picks today! That way, we can get 14+ rounds done in a week.

Thanks for considering this!

No kicker run for me!! My kicker will be the second to last player taken (#191 overall).

Im normally on board with that but with the two players I plan to pick next I cant see anyone else taking them. If I know they will still be there then I might as well get my K now.

yeah, i never get it. I also have a huge man crush on Tucker but it makes no sense to draft a kicker before the last round or at all if your league has free agency or waivers before week 1. even if you feel like you're only throwing darts, better to take a dart throw on the next potential Foster, Morris, R. Wilson and many others i'm not remembering in recent history who were drafted very late or not at all either this time of year or even in august.

there just isn't any statistical evidence to back up grabbing the "best kicker", either in terms of repeat performances or standard deviation from kicker 1 to kicker 12 (assuming you picked kicker 1 at all)

but at least its round 14 not round 9

yeah, i never get it. I also have a huge man crush on Tucker but it makes no sense to draft a kicker before the last round or at all if your league has free agency or waivers before week 1. even if you feel like you're only throwing darts, better to take a dart throw on the next potential Foster, Morris, R. Wilson and many others i'm not remembering in recent history who were drafted very late or not at all either this time of year or even in august.

there just isn't any statistical evidence to back up grabbing the "best kicker", either in terms of repeat performances or standard deviation from kicker 1 to kicker 12 (assuming you picked kicker 1 at all)

but at least its round 14 not round 9

That all makes perfect sense and I completely agree but this is not a redraft and we dont get to pick up players off waivers. This is a best ball draft and I want the best players for the whole season. While everyone else is picking their K and D in the last two rounds Ill fill in my back up QB and Flex position. The players left that I want are not going anywhere so it made more sense to take a K before everyone else.

That all makes perfect sense and I completely agree but this is not a redraft and we dont get to pick up players off waivers. This is a best ball draft and I want the best players for the whole season. While everyone else is picking their K and D in the last two rounds Ill fill in my back up QB and Flex position. The players left that I want are not going anywhere so it made more sense to take a K before everyone else.

well, in part I will agree. We obviously all have to draft a kicker..... and I won't make the lame argument that we are supposed to be pretending this is a redraft for FFToday article purposes because I have made 2 or 3 best-ball type picks myself. However, it still doesn't "make sense" to take a kicker before anyone else, imho, because you have no clue if you're picking the top kicker or the 9th best kicker. You're not really gaining any advantage. Not saying you're putting yourself at a disadvantage either... just saying. If your other backups have no chance to be sniped, then it's all good.

really just discussing general draft strat.

well, in part I will agree. We obviously all have to draft a kicker..... and I won't make the lame argument that we are supposed to be pretending this is a redraft for FFToday article purposes because I have made 2 or 3 best-ball type picks myself. However, it still doesn't "make sense" to take a kicker before anyone else, imho, because you have no clue if you're picking the top kicker or the 9th best kicker. You're not really gaining any advantage. Not saying you're putting yourself at a disadvantage either... just saying. If your other backups have no chance to be sniped, then it's all good.

really just discussing general draft strat.

Why doesnt it make sense? I have to draft a second QB and everyone else already has their second QB so no sense in taking him before a kicker. Most people have to take a D and K yet so they cant take any other position. That leaves the players Im interested in available with almost no risk of them being sniped. Why not take my K when I did?

If it were a redraft and didnt have to fill every position I wouldnt even draft a K.

Why doesnt it make sense? I have to draft a second QB and everyone else already has their second QB so no sense in taking him before a kicker. Most people have to take a D and K yet so they cant take any other position. That leaves the players Im interested in available with almost no risk of them being sniped. Why not take my K when I did?

If it were a redraft and didnt have to fill every position I wouldnt even draft a K.

it technically never makes sense. like i said, in this situation it's not really putting you at any sort of disadvantage but its also no giving you any real advantage either. It's like the guy who takes a kicker in round 10 and says "well i didnt see anyone else that stood out to me so Im going to grab the best kicker!".... well, actually you're probably not grabbing the best kicker.

unless literally everyone else has to go K/DST in the last two rounds (not possible with 4-5 defenses already drafted) then there is always the chance you get sniped. 3 of the teams picking after you in round 14 and before you in round 15 need a backup tight end so there is always the chance you could get sniped. Obviously at this point, you're going to say it doesn't matter, you have a few options in mind but if that TE at the top of your list has a breakout season, it's going to be worth more than the difference in kicker.

again, Im not saying you will. It's the June Mock and a best ball format. I'm just debating the overall strategy and we seem to agree.

it technically never makes sense. like i said, in this situation it's not really putting you at any sort of disadvantage but its also no giving you any real advantage either. It's like the guy who takes a kicker in round 10 and says "well i didnt see anyone else that stood out to me so Im going to grab the best kicker!".... well, actually you're probably not grabbing the best kicker.

unless literally everyone else has to go K/DST in the last two rounds (not possible with 4-5 defenses already drafted) then there is always the chance you get sniped. 3 of the teams picking after you in round 14 and before you in round 15 need a backup tight end so there is always the chance you could get sniped. Obviously at this point, you're going to say it doesn't matter, you have a few options in mind but if that TE at the top of your list has a breakout season, it's going to be worth more than the difference in kicker.

again, Im not saying you will. It's the June Mock and a best ball format. I'm just debating the overall strategy and we seem to agree.

Very solid points. Well done. I have gotten to the point where all I need is a back up QB and possibly a backup TE. If the TE I want gets take I either take another or maybe just another RB. Ive been debating it. Regardless, at this point in the draft I remain open to everything and stand by my early K pick.

Fantastic draft discussion.

Gates is gone, Hunter Henry is gone for the year, Phillip Rivers is still good.

Let's see what Williams can do.

V4E:

Williams was the other WR I was debating to select, but took Golladay instead. Do you or others have thoughts on who....and "why" one is better than the other?

V4E:

Williams was the other WR I was debating to select, but took Golladay instead. Do you or others have thoughts on who....and "why" one is better than the other?

I'd say coin flip.

They're both big second year receivers, third on the depth chart. Stafford/Rivers is pretty much a push. Golladay got more experience last year due to Williams' injury, while Williams was a first round pick to Golladay's third.

This late, they're all shots in the dark. But I think Williams has a better chance of moving up the depth chart due to sheer talent than Golladay.

We really should draft a pure draft and can the best ball stuff. I never consider it at all, and that in my mind, is the reason for this draft. Not gimmicks for a no hassle league.

We really should draft a pure draft and can the best ball stuff. I never consider it at all, and that in my mind, is the reason for this draft. Not gimmicks for a no hassle league.

This draft is 3 of 3 for me, the other 2 being decent sized money leagues. Throw in a low cost 8 man FandueI league and I just don't have time to dedicate to another full time league. This league is perfect for me, as I dig the draft part of these leagues more than anything else.

it is what it is. I don't think we have more than a handful of decisions impacted by the best ball format / no hassle league each season and techincally any mock we do would be based around a set of paramaters for a certain type of league... otherwise, people can just go to FFCalculator.

not saying that scraping the no hassle league wouldnt result in a more accurate mock of a 12 team redraft but I think everyone enjoys the league so not sure a way around it other than separating the two.

speaking for myself the only point where NHL impacted my pick was taking Will Fuller as a WR3.... and technically that was right in his ADP range. Normally though, I might have considered a higher floor type (or maybe not as i took care of that later on anyway :dunno: ). Everything else about my drafting falls in line with the scoring system, which we should be considering, and how I normally draft for a 12 teamer. My kicker will be picked in the last round, I was one of the last to take a tight end and one of the last to grab my QB2. I was a little earlier this year in picking my QB1, and i'll expand on that if i do an analysis of my picks, but more or less i felt behind the 8-ball ion the 12th spot and felt I needed to take a shot on a QB who can add rushing scores which is very helpful in our scoring system. Also, Newton is a guy who has shown the ability to single handedly win a team a fantasy game.

The best ball rules made a difference I a lot of my picks. Normally would never take a back up QB or TE. I would also not take a K until the last round or just not take one at all. I would also wait longer on my defense or not take one at all.