Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Eleven-Sixteen Commentary**

We can scrap the league after this year if you guys would like. I really don't think it has a huge impact on this draft, but if you guys do, then it's something to consider. I've always enjoyed it, but maybe that's just me.

We can scrap the league after this year if you guys would like. I really don't think it has a huge impact on this draft, but if you guys do, then it's something to consider. I've always enjoyed it, but maybe that's just me.

personally, i would hate to skip it.

and honestly, while this is a tool for FFToday, I don't think it diminishes its usefulness as a tool by that much and most leagues these days are PPR or half PPR so the July PPR mock probably ends up being a better "tool"

• Like 1

F That. There's plenty of valuable replacements if anyone wants to drop.

I'll +1 to keeping the league.

Best ball may change a few picks (ie someone more willing to gamble on a NE RB), but nothing outrageous.

The biggest difference between this and a "real" league would probably be some teams taking a backup QB or TE they normally wouldn't, or taking a kicker or D when they'd normally take a gamble on a RB or WR, and find their defense/kicker in free agency as the season approached.

But, again, it's not something that greatly affects the value of the draft as a mock for other FFers.

or taking a kicker or D when they'd normally take a gamble on a RB or WR, and find their defense/kicker in free agency as the season approached

plus this isn't even a no hassle league issue since Mike has in the rules that each of us must draft 1

No, I say turn around and draft again, What a great bunch. Draft for Mike then hang around and redraft our no hassle teams. I appreciate all your work on administrating the no hassle league.

A few years back another staff member won this league with early corner QB's. You can argue the trade concept with the value taken, no owners fall for that and that team sits with dead points on a roster. Had Brady not been selected this draft when he was it would be crazy different.(maybe not crazy, but it sure would be interesting to know) We can prove it and reload right to that point and pick a few rounds to see the difference. That is a huge centerpiece to a team and changes whole strategies.......which to Fumbles credit is what he says happened to him when Brady was there. I just don't totally buy that. This is not meant to be an attack on anyone for their choices. It's just not a real draft that can be showcased as how things fall in typical drafts at this point in time.

No, I say turn around and draft again, What a great bunch. Draft for Mike then hang around and redraft our no hassle teams. I appreciate all your work on administrating the no hassle league.

I could see doing this.......BUT in no way would I vote to not do a June Mock Draft. If this assists Mike/Doug in any way, we should keep doing it as they do some much for us and the hobby!

I look forward to this every year as it really does start my FF season.

I'll pick shortly here guys. Sorry to hold things up, had a business issue

Once again I need to say how great Bailey's job is when home in the Dome. On half of his kicks he is staring at women on Stripper poles. Life is good!

Hawk...Matt has to pick a kicker, so unless you're picking a second kicker, you can post your pick here and I will add it at the appropriate time.

Hawk...Matt has to pick a kicker, so unless you're picking a second kicker, you can post your pick here and I will add it at the appropriate time.

16.08 TE Mike Gesicki, Mia

If we reach the two-hour mark on any of these final picks, a pick will be made for you. FYI.

......BUT in no way would I vote to not do a June Mock Draft. If this assists Mike/Doug in any way, we should keep doing it as they do so much for us and the hobby!

While there was good content around Draft-time, the flagship football forum here seems adrift to me this off-season. So it was a real shot-in-the-arm to follow this draft as a spectator. It was refreshing to see actual football become the main point of discussion again...and with some enthusiasm !

• Like 1

I definitely think that I won this Mock Draft again this year. :banana:

ICEMAN

Sorry was mulching front area of house....Pick is in....Gould will win me the Championship this year.... kicker stats are on steroids in this s kicker premy league...

If I'm not around when my pick comes up, give me Mike's highest rated D.

Will do.

Ray, unless you are grabbing a second kicker here (Robb has to pick one), feel free to post your pick anytime you like.

Got my man! With a kicker now in the fold, no way I lose it this year! Second place last year....not good enough this year!

Do we have a history of who has won this league every season?

Sadly, I do not. If anyone can remember some of the past results, that would be great. I know Vikes has won it several times. Ray won it at least once. I have won it twice. Captain Lou won it 2-3 times back in the day. Who have some of the other winners been?

I was the victor 2 years ago.

ICEMAN

Going back through my inbox:

2017: Vikings4ever

2016: Iceman

2015: The Football Guru

2014: RicemanX

2013: Dan

2012: WhiteWonder

2011: ???

2010: KSB2424

2009: RLLD

2008: Vikings4ever

2007: Captain Lou

2006: Vikings4ever

2005: ??? (Week 16 is the last week I have, Clash of the Titans was slightly ahead of Captain Lou)

2004: Fumbleweed

The mock goes back before then, but 2004 was my first year.

Going back through my inbox:

2017: Vikings4ever

2016: Iceman

2015: The Football Guru

2014: RicemanX

2013: Dan

2012: WhiteWonder

2011: ???

2010: KSB2424

2009: RLLD

2008: Vikings4ever

2007: Captain Lou

2006: Vikings4ever

2005: ??? (Week 16 is the last week I have, Clash of the Titans was slightly ahead of Captain Lou)

2004: Fumbleweed

The mock goes back before then, but 2004 was my first year.

Excellent work! I won in 2011, I believe, and Captain Lou won in 2005 by a nose over Clash.

Excellent work! I won in 2011, I believe, and Captain Lou won in 2005 by a nose over Clash.

Clash wins nothing ever. Unless it's a slowest drafter award.

Clash wins nothing ever. Unless it's a slowest drafter award.

Doesn't every league need a slow drafter so everyone else can make beer/bathroom runs?

Doesn't every league need a slow drafter so everyone else can make beer/bathroom runs?

If you need 12 hours to take a shiit, clash is your man