Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

Anthony Kennedy retiring from the Supreme Court

Yale guy and DC lifer. Pretty much what you would get from Clinton, GWB or Obummer. I commend Trump for not focking it up.

• Like 1

well I am considered far right, and he was the bottom 4 of the top 4 so I am not happy

Thats what I would have figured.

The dems should thank heavens and help rush this confirmation through. If they fight it trump could withdraw the nom and shove some squeaky clean knuckle dragger up their ass.

You always stick with your classmates.

I'd had a HS buddy named Rob. He was the big High School Democrat guy and I was like the big Republican guy at our school, and since we were some of the only two teenagers that paid much attention to world events, insted of hating each other, we became friends.

After I got out of the Army, I hooked up with Rob again, he'd gone on to become a lawyer. Now, I'd not voted for Bill Clinton but by the late 90s, I had warmed up to him because he and Newt Gingrich had balanced the budget together and this was/is my biggest political obsession. So when the GOP went about impeaching Clinton for getting a blow job, I was rather p*ssed off at them and started to wobble in my enthusiasm. Then, I really liked McCain in 2000 and just despised GWBush so when the GOP nominated Bush, I left the party and have been an independent ever since. It was this Rob who I'd been talking about all the current events issues at the time with. A really close friend.

So a few years ago, I read about how some kid drowned in the pool at the High School where Rob and I had graduated. The school had hired an uncertified substitute teacher who was in street clothes joking and focking around in the bleachers ignoring the pool as the kid was going under and drowning. When a kid comes to retrieve him to help the drowning kid, the substitute teacher eventually got off his ass, came down, and was was uselessly wandering around the side of the pool not attempted to save the kid. Meanwhile, an assistant principle had been in the hall outside, hears there's some loud commotion in the pool area with kids all upset, comes in, sees what's going on, jumps in the pool in his full suit and tie, pulls the drowning kid out and administers CPR, sadly to no avail, the kid dies. The dumbfock substitute teacher was just standing around uselessly.

The family goes and hires the most famous lawyer in the state, Geoffrey Fieger, a former gubernatorial candidate who's tried cases before the Supreme Court. And although the school is always on the verge of a state take over fir always under-performing and is also underfunded, they still had to dig in the coffers cough up a $multi-million settlement for the kid's family to cover for the idiot.

Well as I kept reading the story, and find out this substitute teacher's attorney is Rob.

Just a month and a half ago, the criminal case against the substitute teacher came down. Dude was facing fifteen years in prison but that didn't happen. Rob had gotten it reduced to two years probation, one day in the county jail, with credit for a day served, 60 hours of community service and fees.

Should I be pissed off at Rob for defending this sh*tbag who cost our alma mater $millions? Maybe I should. Am I? No. I'm going to call him when I go back home next week and hopefully hang out again.

You stick with your friends.

You always stick with your classmates.

I'd had a HS buddy named Rob. He was the big High School Democrat guy and I was like the big Republican guy at our school, and since we were some of the only two teenagers that paid much attention to world events, insted of hating each other, we became friends.

After I got out of the Army, I hooked up with Rob again, he'd gone on to become a lawyer. Now, I'd not voted for Bill Clinton but by the late 90s, I had warmed up to him because he and Newt Gingrich had balanced the budget together and this was/is my biggest political obsession. So when the GOP went about impeaching Clinton for getting a blow job, I was rather p*ssed off at them and started to wobble in my enthusiasm. Then, I really liked McCain in 2000 and just despised GWBush so when the GOP nominated Bush, I left the party and have been an independent ever since. It was this Rob who I'd been talking about all the current events issues at the time with. A really close friend.

So a few years ago, I read about how some kid drowned in the pool at the High School where Rob and I had graduated. The school had hired an uncertified substitute teacher who was in street clothes joking and focking around in the bleachers ignoring the pool as the kid was going under and drowning. When a kid comes to retrieve him to help the drowning kid, the substitute teacher eventually got off his ass, came down, and was was uselessly wandering around the side of the pool not attempted to save the kid. Meanwhile, an assistant principle had been in the hall outside, hears there's some loud commotion in the pool area with kids all upset, comes in, sees what's going on, jumps in the pool in his full suit and tie, pulls the drowning kid out and administers CPR, sadly to no avail, the kid dies. The dumbfock substitute teacher was just standing around uselessly.

The family goes and hires the most famous lawyer in the state, Geoffrey Fieger, a former gubernatorial candidate who's tried cases before the Supreme Court. And although the school is always on the verge of a state take over fir always under-performing and is also underfunded, they still had to dig in the coffers cough up a $multi-million settlement for the kid's family to cover for the idiot.

Well as I kept reading the story, and find out this substitute teacher's attorney is Rob.

Just a month and a half ago, the criminal case against the substitute teacher came down. Dude was facing fifteen years in prison but that didn't happen. Rob had gotten it reduced to two years probation, one day in the county jail, with credit for a day served, 60 hours of community service and fees.

Should I be pissed off at Rob for defending this sh*tbag who cost our alma mater $millions? Maybe I should. Am I? No. I'm going to call him when I go back home next week and hopefully hang out again.

You stick with your friends.

Seems a bit ghey, NTTIAWWT. How would you rate it with any of your other "hook ups"? ;)

https://www.whec.com/news/protecting-roe-v-wade/4985286/

Governor Cuomo announced Wednesday that he will sue if the Supreme Court acts to roll back Roe v. Wade.

Many Democrats and abortion-rights supporters believe the new justice appointed by Republican President Trump could tilt the court in favor of overturning the 1973 ruling that legalized abortion nationwide.

:doh:

Is this for real? Who's he gonna sue? God?

Doesn't get higher that the supreme court...

Lefties don't believe in God, so that's a non-starter.

But, hilarious. He'll sue if the SC overturns Roe vs Wade and he'll take it ALL THE WAY TO THE SUPREME COURT IF HE HAS TOO!!!!!

Is this for real? Who's he gonna sue? God?

Doesn't get higher that the supreme court...

Reminds me of a great quote about SCOTUS by one of the justices.

"We are not final because we are infallible, but we are infallible only because we are final." - Justice Robert Jackson