Sign in to follow this  
Maulers1973

Sleeper RB......

I think D Martin could be a sleeper pick.

I have a feeling he will be the number one ff producing Skill player on the Raiders this next season.

I’m not a fan of his, but I just think he will have somewhat of a rebound season.

Thanks.

any back (in my opinion) who is second in line to a starter who is over the age of 30 is a potential sleeper.

if the wheels fall off the Lynch Wagon, somebody needs to get all the carries.

Not enough incentive too help your team win.

it really makes me wonder about how spoiled these people are that play on the nfl today.

Thank.

....but it's okay with you when college seniors abandon their team during their quest for a bowl game victory. Hmmm.

Now on to thread at hand:

Just for the sake of credibility (or blind luck), my sleeper RB last year was Alex Collins and he paid huge down the stretch. Hit on Hillis and DJ their first blowup seasons too. Of course, I missed on a few over the years, as well. This year (and, yes, he will need a little luck) it is Joe Williams. Guy has the "it" that I look for, on a team that should have a legit offense, and can be had for nothing. Will need to catch a couple of breaks (no pun intended), but has the talent (imho) to be a fantasy season-changer.

Also, I noted some discussion about Raider RB's in this thread. Personally, I am done with Martin and am taking a flier on Lynch.....but only because of the coaching change. I can't tell you how many times I have listened to Gruden calling Monday Night Football and extolling the skills of Skittles.....and lamenting his gross underutilization, especially around the goal line. If Coach Gruden follows his own advice, and Marshawn has anything left in the tank, he will give Lynch every opportunity to vastly outperform his ADP.

• Like 1

Chris Ivory

Mccoy already going thru this weird stuff with his GF could get suspended just cause, and we all know Mccoy is a walking timebomb, dude seems to get killed 3-4 times a year only to come back in the next series

Ivory will have stand alone value, as Shady sucks in the redzone

Royce Freeman.......mark it down

This guy and Derrius Guice you can pencil in for RB2 production

I dont know any leagues where the listed starter and a co-op rookie are considered sleepers

I dont know any leagues where a guy would even consider drafting or mentioning Christine Michael in the year 2018

I dont know any leagues where a guy would even consider drafting or mentioning Christine Michael in the year 2018

obviously sarcasm is wasted on you, I guess "sorry I had to" didn't give you any clues

The Buffalo News' Jay Skurski writes Chris Ivory "would be the first option" if LeSean McCoy is unavailable.

Serious allegations against McCoy of domestic, child, and animal abuse surfaced this week, throwing his availability into question. Signed to a two-year deal in March, Ivory is the obvious replacement for McCoy if the Bills decide to stay in-house, but they could also look to add a veteran like DeMarco Murray or Adrian Peterson. No matter who takes over, Buffalo's offense will be in serious trouble if McCoy is out.

Hype train out of control

Sleeper is going to mean different things to different leagues. I'm in 12, 14, and 16 team leagues so players that don't get drafted in the 12-teamer are still valuable picks in the 16-team league. I think what we're looking for here is players that will out perform their ADP.

I've mentioned Joe Mixon in another thread. There are several reasons why he should have a better year than the RB16 he's being drafted at. The Bengals OL has been improved. They get an offseason with their offensive coordinator, and the Bengals showed they are willing to use him as an every down back as he received over 70% of the RB touches when he was healthy and in the starting role.

Alex Collins is another who put up really good YPC numbers and when he was given enough carries he did good things with them. This was all while running behind an OL missing it's best player. I would expect the Ravens offense to be better this year as well with the signing of Crabtree and their new 1st round TE opening up the field some more. Hes currently going at RB19.

I think Dion Lewis is a steal at RB26 in PPR. I don't think Henry is anything special and I've heard the statement that people expect Lewis to get fewer touches but compile more yards. He's 8 RB spots below Henry in RB ADP and I think at the end of the year he'll have more fantasy points.

Mark Ingram at RB 23 - when you consider that you're getting a discount for the games he'll be suspended and you know that you have to draft to deal with that, his ADP for his projected points per game is a bargain.

If you're drafting now, Royce Freeman at RB 27 is a steal as the tea leaves seem to indicate he'll have most of that RB workload. However I suspect his ADP will be closer to RB 15 by the time most of us draft

Aaron Jones at RB 40. Yes you have the 2 game suspension and that could delay his productivity, but it's obvious Montgomery can only sustain so many touches per game. I may be getting this stat wrong, because I heard in on the radio, but Jones had around 15 carries of 15+ yards (he definitely had 8 of 20+) Williams had.... One. Jones is the best runner of the green bay running backs. if logical coaching prevails, he's the RB to own in GB.

Also Nick Chubb at RB 42 could be a huge steal. I think Cleveland will improve to some degree, even substantially if Mayfield can play early and be effective. Chubb, by most reports I've read was the 2nd most NFL ready back in the draft. Cleveland O-line wont be bad even with the loss of Joe Thomas.

Chris Carson at RB 51. For the last couple of years Seattle has had no real effective ground game. Carson was very good when given the opportunity before his injury. It should be noted that Penny's lack of blocking ability has been noted in multiple reports. I know Wilson is elusive but in order to be on the field Penny will have to block some. The early reports were that Carson still looked to be the better back. Teams don't spend 1st round pick on bench players though, so this could be a reach.

Nyhiem Hines was mentioned above but I really liked him at NC State and in a PPR league I think he could be an RB3.

For deep leagues I think Justin Jackson is a good late flyer as there are some who feel Melvin Gordon doesn't do enough with the volume of work he's given. Jalen Samuels was mentioned for his potential role in the event Bell has an extended holdout or is re-injured.

• Like 1

The Buffalo News' Jay Skurski writes Chris Ivory "would be the first option" if LeSean McCoy is unavailable.

Serious allegations against McCoy of domestic, child, and animal abuse surfaced this week, throwing his availability into question. Signed to a two-year deal in March, Ivory is the obvious replacement for McCoy if the Bills decide to stay in-house, but they could also look to add a veteran like DeMarco Murray or Adrian Peterson. No matter who takes over, Buffalo's offense will be in serious trouble if McCoy is out.

Hype train out of control

To be honest, Buffalo's offense was in serious trouble with McCoy, losing 3 offensive line starters and having no proven QB. i'm not sure I'd draft a buffalo RB.

Nyheim Hines was the #1 rated RB in pass pro coming into the draft. Thats how you find the field as a rookie RB. Hes the RB too own in indy

Nyheim Hines was the #1 rated RB in pass pro coming into the draft. Thats how you find the field as a rookie RB. Hes the RB too own in indy

He is definitely on my Do Draft list. ☺

To be honest, Buffalo's offense was in serious trouble with McCoy, losing 3 offensive line starters and having no proven QB. i'm not sure I'd draft a buffalo RB.

yah I feel you, they might be the worst team in the league, but there will still be some flex points to be had, even if trailing alot, Ivory/Mccoy will get a ton of catches

Sleeper: 3rd string miami rb

Ballage. This is the definition of a sleeper. Not some 5th or 6th rounder.

• Like 1

....but it's okay with you when college seniors abandon their team during their quest for a bowl game victory. Hmmm.

Now on to thread at hand:

Just for the sake of credibility (or blind luck), my sleeper RB last year was Alex Collins and he paid huge down the stretch. Hit on Hillis and DJ their first blowup seasons too. Of course, I missed on a few over the years, as well. This year (and, yes, he will need a little luck) it is Joe Williams. Guy has the "it" that I look for, on a team that should have a legit offense, and can be had for nothing. Will need to catch a couple of breaks (no pun intended), but has the talent (imho) to be a fantasy season-changer.

Also, I noted some discussion about Raider RB's in this thread. Personally, I am done with Martin and am taking a flier on Lynch.....but only because of the coaching change. I can't tell you how many times I have listened to Gruden calling Monday Night Football and extolling the skills of Skittles.....and lamenting his gross underutilization, especially around the goal line. If Coach Gruden follows his own advice, and Marshawn has anything left in the tank, he will give Lynch every opportunity to vastly outperform his ADP.

Absolutely.

They are spoiled.

Doing that just makes my case even stronger, thank you for pointing that out and agreeing.

But they should be free too make their own decisions.

Thanks.

Absolutely.

They are spoiled.

Doing that just makes my case even stronger, thank you for pointing that out and agreeing.

But they should be free too make their own decisions.

Thanks.

Non sequitur.

Also when does a college senior count as a NFL player?

Mmmm

And I agree, it does not fit with the following statement.

Thanks always a pleasure.

Also when does a college senior count as a NFL player?

-You play to win the game.

Thanks always a pleasure.

-Likewise

It was posted that L Bell a nfl rb, might not give his all because of his unhappiness over his paycheck.

Now if thats true how is that playing too win the game?

Spoiled kids is all they have become.

Thanks.

Also Nick Chubb at RB 42 could be a huge steal. I think Cleveland will improve to some degree, even substantially if Mayfield can play early and be effective. Chubb, by most reports I've read was the 2nd most NFL ready back in the draft. Cleveland O-line wont be bad even with the loss of Joe Thomas.

Chris Carson at RB 51. For the last couple of years Seattle has had no real effective ground game. Carson was very good when given the opportunity before his injury. It should be noted that Penny's lack of blocking ability has been noted in multiple reports. I know Wilson is elusive but in order to be on the field Penny will have to block some. The early reports were that Carson still looked to be the better back. Teams don't spend 1st round pick on bench players though, so this could be a reach.

I agree, these are what I will call sleepers. I think both are on peoples draft board, but nobody will commit to them until it is confirmed they will be the starter.

I'm reasonably sure Carson will earn the starting job and will race up peoples draft boards and will be drafted as a mid range RB2 for fantasy purposes.

Chubb I am also high on, but he has a very solid player (Hyde) that can easily win the starting job and regardless of the depth chart posted publicly, it is possible that Hyde may actually be ahead of him on the teams depth chart.

if it is announced he will start, I'd draft him as a RB2 as well.

if it is unclear which of the two will start between chubb and hyde, Id keep them rated as RB3 and draft both with the thought one of them will put up numbers. this is one of those situations where drafting near the turn could come in handy. you can grab em both before anybody can get wise on you and draft the other

This is what scares me from drafting Drake. Ballage seems like a complete back as well.

Sleeper: 3rd string miami rb

Ballage. This is the definition of a sleeper. Not some 5th or 6th rounder.

This is what scares me from drafting Drake. Ballage seems like a complete back as well.

Seriously. He just needs the chance. Hard to tell when you talk about sleepers. Check out how long it took David Johnson in his first year.

Small sample size, but I’m not sure why people are jumping off the drake bandwagon. It’s not just the yards that I’m looking at when I’m Analyzing his last five games, but it’s the way he got his yards. Cutting ability, speed and breaking tackles vs very good defenses and a very bad OLine impressed me. Getting him in the 4th round over guys like mixon and Collins is well worth the risk IMO.

Joe Williams did have that nice streak coming back from his brief college retirement. But there are way too many question marks even before his ankle injury.

Breida is the guy who will back up and spell McKinnon. McKinnon will run inside a little to keep defenses honest but most of his work will be in space. Both will have far greater value in ppr vs standard.

Small sample size, but I’m not sure why people are jumping off the drake bandwagon. It’s not just the yards that I’m looking at when I’m Analyzing his last five games, but it’s the way he got his yards. Cutting ability, speed and breaking tackles vs very good defenses and a very bad OLine impressed me. Getting him in the 4th round over guys like mixon and Collins is well worth the risk IMO.

This is my problem with Drake. Not only is there no history of him performing at the level he did in the last 5 games in the NFL, he didn't do it in college either.

Now you mentioned a couple of qualities that he's definitely always had - Speed and cutting ability. However at Alabama he struggled to run through the line and thus was rarely used in their offense despite these talents. I didn't watch him enough to know if that was a problem he had with reading blocks or trying to hard to make a big play every run or if they just had better back for running their scheme in front of him. But clearly he's got elite skills in these areas, that's never been questioned. I think he also had some injury issues in college that may have held him back.

But he's NEVER carried the load, both in college and in the NFL, outside of those 5 games. That stint included 2 games vs Buffalo, one vs NE, one vs KC and 1 vs Denver. Only Denver's defense was ranked inside the top 20 at stopping the run (they were 5). NE was 20, KC was 25 and Buffalo was 29.

In addition, though I'm not a big fan of cherry picking stats, if you take away his long runs in those 5 games, you have some very very pedestrian numbers. In those games he had runs of 42, 32, 31, 31, and 18 yards. His stats over those 5 games were 91 carries for 444 yards / 4.9 YPC. This represents about 2/3 of his season production in both categories. If you extract those 5 plays he's 86 for 290 or 3.4 YPC. Now, obviously if you do this for any RB, there's likely a similar drop off, but I just wonder how sustainable the big gains are, given we had such a small sample size (91 carries) of Drake being the featured ball carrier. The level of competition also has to be taken into account as those 5 games align with him playing mostly defenses in the bottom third of the league vs the run.

I think, given the type of RB the dolphins drafted, and the signing of Gore, that they do not intend for Drake to see the 20 touches per game he saw down the stretch. I think they like the home run ability and want to have him on the field frequently, but I see a guy more suited for an 8-12 touch per game role. I'd feel more comfortable with Mixon, who I feel is going to be a 15+ touch per game guy, or even Collins depending on how much of a role Dixon can carve out in Baltimore due to the volume I can more comfortably forecast those guys getting.

I'm certainly open to being wrong on Drake based on his talent, but I feel he's got to maintain that big play capability over a full season to make up for, what I feel, is a more reduced role than what he had in the last 5 games.

Between gore robbing him of goal line TDs and ballage robbing him of passing work why would you ever consider drake.

Just saw this on Twitter and didn't want to create another thread. Are we sure he's too small?

https://twitter.com/RonboSports/status/1018322566841171969

how much weight has he added during the offseason?

I like that he has put on some weight, but I find if you put on more than about 10 Lbs in an offseason, the speed (which is his calling card) can suffer some.

I understand the concerns regarding durability, but the guy has missed one game in his career due to a sprained ankle.

granted, he has not had a full workload, but until I start seeing injuries, its hard to make the durability argument.

with him, I'd like to see only a 5-10 lb weight gain in his playing weight. This way he can get a little more power without losing the speed that makes coaches drool.

any more than a 10 lb gain and I'd have serious concerns regarding how that affects his speed.

Between gore robbing him of goal line TDs and ballage robbing him of passing work why would you ever consider drake.

For one, I like what I saw last year.

2nd, there’s always a round where I start considering players. Late 4th or preferably 5th round is where I start considering drake. The coach seems to like him and I’m not very cons

....very concerned about a late round rookie RB. Gore will be a problem. But I also think he will be a good mentor to drake.

That being said, this is fantasy football and I’m wrong probably more than I’m right.

I dig your championing of drake CF. I too feel Gore will take work (and I'm getting Gore for almost nothing all over) as will Ballage.

But Frankie isn't of an age that doesn't need breaks. like between the twenties. Which is where I see Drake making his living.

I can see 600 rushing, 450 receiving, with 6 total TDs. Well worth his current ADP.

I dig your championing of drake CF. I too feel Gore will take work (and I'm getting Gore for almost nothing all over) as will Ballage.

But Frankie isn't of an age that doesn't need breaks. like between the twenties. Which is where I see Drake making his living.

I can see 600 rushing, 450 receiving, with 6 total TDs. Well worth his current ADP.

I'd be very surprised if Gore ended up the starter. Best case scenario for Gore is a 1/1A situation where he is sharing carries. I dont think he can carry the mail full time anymore.

realistically, I think Drake is the starter by week 7 or 8. Nothing against Gore, Great Career.... but at his age I dont think you can count on much anymore.

What is everyone seeing in Collins? He doesn't do it for me, and he's going in the 4th round in some competitive leagues.

Passes the eye test. Great vision, great agility while still running down hill and through tackles. Can catch the ball. Slightly better version of Crowell if he had hands...

Drake lead the league in YAC. He lead the league in rushing the last 5 games he started. He can pass block. He can catch out of the backfield. His coach predicted that he’s a 2k total yard back. Tomlinson predicted that drake breaks out this year.

As the 17-19 RB taken off the board, why wouldn’t you at least consider drake as your RB2 in the 5th round.

Drake lead the league in YAC. He lead the league in rushing the last 5 games he started. He can pass block. He can catch out of the backfield. His coach predicted that he’s a 2k total yard back. Tomlinson predicted that drake breaks out this year.

As the 17-19 RB taken off the board, why wouldn’t you at least consider drake as your RB2 in the 5th round.

I still get it. Adam Gace is not a very good head coach. I am not sure if he was really that good of an OC. Miami is the suck. I can't believe that team is still desperately clinging onto Ryan Tannehill as their QB.