Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Rounds 7-10 Commentary - July PPR Mock 2018 **

I think you just supported remote's point (and maybe you meant to). The slow draft that you started at the same time is ahead of this draft. And, to my knowledge, this was not designed to be a "slow" draft. We're averaging less than two rounds a day. The June mock was almost done by this point, if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: Maybe it's not a fair comparison to put this one up against this years June mock, but less than 8 1/2 rounds in five days is kinda sad.

this draft is laid out for us to pay attention. This has been an abuse of guidelines or we would not have got the post to pick up the pace.

Im looking to trade out of my next pick.

Hit me up with offers.

Will pick soon though to keep things moving ;)

ah.......no trading allowed.

Can’t wait to see your next pick!

Im taking Hunter Henry next because his ACL will be healed by the time this draft is over

or Ray Caruth as he may be out of prison by then

or PacMan Jones as he may grow up by then also.

Im taking Hunter Henry next because his ACL will be healed by the time this draft is over

I laughed... :bench:

Heh!

Someone convince me why I shouldn't feel good about this stable of WR. I see a ton of upside.

WR - A. Cooper

WR - J. Landry

WR - P. Garcon

WR - N. Agholor

WR - S. Shepard

Someone convince me why I shouldn't feel good about this stable of WR. I see a ton of upside.

WR - A. Cooper

WR - J. Landry

WR - P. Garcon

WR - N. Agholor

WR - S. Shepard

Ill just say it has a lot of potential. Not bad but not great going into the season.

^ Cooper-I'm a fan of an Amari bounce back and I believe if healthy WR 1 is within his range of outcomes. That said we saw his floor last year and it was unstartable.

Landry-New wrs often take time to adjust to new teams and systems. Sure we have seen the Brandin Cooks scenario but going to Brady isn't the same as going to Tyrod Taylor if he keeps the job all year. And surely Tyrod Taylor will be adjusting himself to a new team and system. Going back to his Buffalo days when was Tyrod Taylor's 1.A and or 1.B pass catching option really an in demand difference maker at the position?

Then we have Josh Gordon, David Nijouk, a whole stable of running backs most notably of which is Duke Johnson who excels as an underneath safety valve target.

P Garcon- P Garcon has a solid history and track record. Jimmy G looked lights out at the end of last season. What's not to like?

Well a neck injury derailed a promising potential season last year and Garcon found himself on the Injured Reserve list due to a broken bone in his neck. A 'non-displaced fracture of the C5 pedicle' to be specific.

I'm no doctor but we saw David Wilson leave the league due to a neck injury. Qunicy Enunwa found himself on IR for the entire year with a neck issue as well. They are no joke.

Beyond the possible concerns of a 31 year old WR coming off IR the injury opened up the door for of all people Marquis Goodwin to quickly establish himself as Jimmy Gs new go to guy for the rest of the season. Goodwin nearly picked up right where Garcon left off. So surely if Garcon comes back he'll just take over the top spot and all be right in the world right?

Not so fast. If Goodwin has established himself more, Kittle is coming on and Kendrick Bourne is flashing in camp will those risers hurt the target share of Garcon moving forward?

Especially if hes not quite ready to go right out of the gate?

Will dates with the Rams, Cardinals and Seahawks provided potentially daunting in season matchups?

Will a year of tape on Jimmy G give defensive coordinators a better read on his tendencies?

Nelson Agohlor- Oh Nelson Agholor look at what you've blossomed into. You've gone from bust and dynasty drop candidate to a darling little WR 2-3 type on a rising eagles team. I mean whats not to like about this one give it to me?

Well for starters there's a history of super bowl teams having a hang over. Now I think the Eagles are the next NFL dynasty potentially with excellent lines on both sides of the ball, very smart analytics guys and what looked like an absolute winner in Wentz at QB but Wentz is coming off an ACL injury and the eagles are coming off a superbowl victory. Superbowl teams have a history of hang overs. It happens, pretty regularly.

And while I think the Eagles are going to be the new show in town for a little while they haven't quite reached the 'Set it and Forget it' level of success the Patriots have.

Nelson Agohlor is a nice player and had excellent metrics out of the slot. But if every Eagles pass catcher is healthy he's likely behind Ertz in the target, maybe equal with Alshon without the redzone precense and this isn't accounting for little talked about Mike Wallace whose going to take a couple deep ones to the house and has actually shown more polished overall game in his time in Miami. If Marques Goodwin can come out of nowhere don't be afraid to take Mike Wallace is the 17th round of your Best Ball MFL draft

One of the beautiful things about the Eagles is that they have success with so many different players. Running backs were almost inter changeable last year and they kept humming. Multiple varied formations with a mobile QB and matchup problem at TE you never quite know where they are going to hit you.

What does this all mean for fantasy? It's very possible that outside of Ertz many of the WRs on this team cannibalize each others production to a degree. It's very rare for a team to support a fantasy relevant elite TE 1, and 2 relevant fantasy WRs (assuming Alshon is full go)

WR-S. Shepard Do I even need to write this one? Sterling is a great player and probably has a range of outcomes of having a WR 1 season if he was the top target dog in an offense all year. He showed some of that ceiling with Beckham out.

Well Big Brother is coming back and he's likely to be as fired up as ever, looking to regain his form as one of top game breaking wrs in the league and probably get paid.

Then there's #2 overall pick Saqoun Barkley. He's more a dynamic threat in space than a between the tackles grinder and he projects to be a target hog whether lined up in the back field or split out wide. He's a dynamic, dynmanic talent capable of doing things many other's can't.

OBJ, Barkley, Evan Engram, and a declining Eli Manning. Cold sometimes windy NY in December. Shepard will no doubt be a key piece of the Giants offense but will there be enough of the pie left over for him?

And just for the record my thesis is more a response to a question asked than necessarily my true thoughts about how the WR group looks as a whole. :cheers:

I own Cooper, Landry, Garcon in dynasty and would be happy to take an Agholor or Sterling if priced right.

WR - A. Cooper

WR - J. Landry

WR - P. Garcon

WR - N. Agholor

WR - S. Shepard

I like Keenan Allen, Fitz, Sanders, Robby Anderson, and Cooper Kupp better, but that's just me.

WR - A. Cooper (really hasn't lived up to the billing. Crabtree was Carr's #1. Will it finally be Cooper?)

WR - J. Landry (Browns)

WR - P. Garcon (Neck)

WR - N. Agholor (always seemed meh to me)

WR - S. Shepard (could be option 4 for in offense behind Odell, Engram and Barkley)

not saying i dont like the group but you asked for reasons why not to ;)

Hopkins, Thielen, Tate and Edelman. now theres a group to get excited for! :lol:

Geez Matt....................could you expound a little bit more! Great analysis and I applaud you for your thoughtfulness and time in responding to Shovel.

I would put my 5 WRs up against Shovel's anytime:

Hilton

Gordon

Jeffery

Funchess

Parker

All are their teams #1 WR and they have potential written all over them. JMO

Geez Matt....................could you expound a little bit more! Great analysis and I applaud you for your thoughtfulness and time in responding to Shovel.

I would put my 5 WRs up against Shovel's anytime:

Hilton

Gordon

Jeffery

Funchess

Parker

All are their teams #1 WR and they have potential written all over them. JMO

Im pretty happy with my group of WRs. Pretty tough to beat.

Odell Beckham

Julio Jones

Stefon Diggs

Corey Davis

Odell Beckham

Julio Jones

Stefon Diggs

Corey Davis

Yer WRs are arguably the best of the draft thus far.

You'd better hope to hit on at least 2 of those rbs though. all of em are dice rolls.

Odell Beckham

Julio Jones

Stefon Diggs

Corey Davis

after Edelman's suspension is over my top 4 will rival that top 4. Book it

Yer WRs are arguably the best of the draft thus far.

You'd better hope to hit on at least 2 of those rbs though. all of em are dice rolls.

Thats the trade off for taking WRs early. My plan wasnt to take that many rookies but thats how it worked out. Like playing the lottery for RBs.

after Edelman's suspension is over my top 4 will rival that top 4. Book it

You do have a nice group as well. Im not sure what Edelmans value is this year though with the suspension and being on a new team.

You do have a nice group as well. Im not sure what Edelmans value is this year though with the suspension and being on a new team.

pretty sure you're thinking of another white New England WR on a new team, as Edelman is still with the Patriots and Tommy Boy.

• -Hopkins argualble better than Odell although it all depends on Odells health and attitude.
  • -Julio > Thielen as a #2 ofcourse
  • -Tate > and more reliable imho than Diggs as a #3 though I will admit Diggs has upside I like
  • -Edelman > Davis as a #4, again, imho. I just think once Edelman is back, he is going to be more reliable week in and week out than Davis in their respective offenses. I see Davis having a fair amount of duds.

pretty sure you're thinking of another white New England WR on a new team, as Edelman is still with the Patriots and Tommy Boy.

• -Hopkins argualble better than Odell although it all depends on Odells health and attitude.
  • -Julio > Thielen as a #2 ofcourse
  • -Tate > and more reliable imho than Diggs as a #3 though I will admit Diggs has upside I like
  • -Edelman > Davis as a #4, again, imho. I just think once Edelman is back, he is going to be more reliable week in and week out than Davis in their respective offenses. I see Davis having a fair amount of duds.

You're right. I got him mixed up with someone else.

:sleep: :doh: :mad:

ICEMAN

Mike

Can you get ahold of Doug and see if he can make his selection?

Pick made.

For the record, I have a feeling I will own a lot of Meredith shares this year. While there is no need for him to be the next Marques Colston, the "big slot" role is what they want him to play. I'm setting his floor at pre-2017 Willie Snead.

I was aiming for Jordan Reed at 10.10...... a complete sniping took place!!

Went with my 2nd QB with Luck instead. Thinking, once he gets healthy into the season that between he and Ryan I should be able to get some QB points each week.