Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

NFL 2018

I'm getting my super bowl champs Detroit Lions tattoo tomorrow

I'll take a damn playoff game. PLEASE...At least get there? Maybe?

I will bet the Raiders are 4th place at best

Chargers, Chiefs, Broncos all way better

Chargers and Broncos will battle for the 2nd best defense in football behind the Jags

Lol keep dreaming. Queefs got no QB and the dolts QB is 50 and is one hit away from traction. Dungver is legit. That defense is nasty and will probably be the top unit in the league. But they got zero offense.

Nope the west belongs to the Raiders now. Carr is back to 100%. 4500 yards and 30 TD's and an AFC West crown are in the bag.

Lol keep dreaming. Queefs got no QB and the dolts QB is 50 and is one hit away from traction. Dungver is legit. That defense is nasty and will probably be the top unit in the league. But they got zero offense.

Nope the west belongs to the Raiders now. Carr is back to 100%. 4500 yards and 30 TD's and an AFC West crown are in the bag.

Might want to get the best player on the team in camp.

Might want to get the best player on the team in camp.

He'll be there. It's a big contract, no doubt highest paid defensemen ever type crap. Just like the Donks did with Miller.

I'm not worried about Mack. He will be on the field for the first game of the season. And he keeps himself in top shape, not a slacker at all.

They play in the leagues sh!ttiest division, so they should.

titans fan ? :lol:

They regularly destroy the other tougher division leaders in the playoffs.

So dumb

So dumb

Sure. They do. Im not saying they arent a great team. Obviously they are. But they basically get handed a division title every year.

Correct me if Im wrong. Other AFC east teams have made the playoffs maybe three times in the Brady era? Maybe twice with the sanchize era jets, and last years barely in bad bills?

As to the titans fan thing, yeah, the afc South was a joke too for a lot of years. It isnt anymore. And the pats handily beat both playoff teams from the division. I get that. To be the man you gotta beat the man and all that.

So dumb

Not when Peyton was around.

Devastating news in Cowboys land. Travis Frederick has been diagnosed with Guillain-Barre Syndrome.

Frederick has been battling stingers and ailments such for a most of camp, turns out he actually had something else... This disease affects roughly 1 in 100,000 - very rare. And when it hits, it usually hits suddenly. This disease is still a mystery to medical minds - it attacks your nervous system. Muscle control loss, weakness, numbing sensations are all common results - with full scale paralysis often being the endgame. Up till a few years ago I've never heard of it - then 2 of my buddies got it... It took one of friend's life, the other - he was in paralysis/vegetative state for 12 months, living on a breathing machine for some of that.

They said they caught it early and he has a chance to be okay....... but I don't know... I doubt he plays at all this year - and he will be lucky if this doesn't end his career.

Devastating news in Cowboys land. Travis Frederick has been diagnosed with Guillain-Barre Syndrome.

Frederick has been battling stingers and ailments such for a most of camp, turns out he actually had something else... This disease affects roughly 1 in 100,000 - very rare. And when it hits, it usually hits suddenly. This disease is still a mystery to medical minds - it attacks your nervous system. Muscle control loss, weakness, numbing sensations are all common results - with full scale paralysis often being the endgame. Up till a few years ago I've never heard of it - then 2 of my buddies got it... It took one of friend's life, the other - he was in paralysis/vegetative state for 12 months, living on a breathing machine for some of that.

They said they caught it early and he has a chance to be okay....... but I don't know... I doubt he plays at all this year - and he will be lucky if this doesn't end his career.

Damn

Sure. They do. Im not saying they arent a great team. Obviously they are. But they basically get handed a division title every year.

Correct me if Im wrong. Other AFC east teams have made the playoffs maybe three times in the Brady era? Maybe twice with the sanchize era jets, and last years barely in bad bills?

As to the titans fan thing, yeah, the afc South was a joke too for a lot of years. It isnt anymore. And the pats handily beat both playoff teams from the division. I get that. To be the man you gotta beat the man and all that.

The claim that the AFC east is the "sh!ttiest" division is pretty overblown. Since the Pats latest division winning streak started in 2009, the Bills, Jets and Dolphins have a .467 winning percentage outside the division. Comparing this to the 3 non-division winning teams each year from each of the other 7 divisions over the same time period, this is actually 2nd best (NFC North .485). The 3 AFC East teams have been pretty consistent year to year, never worse then 13-17 or better than 17-13. By the way, the worst division over this same time frame is the AFC South, at .356, including a horrendous .300 (9-21) last year.

The Bills, Jets and Dolphins have only made the playoffs 4 times since 2009, which is a little less than average compared to the other divisions. For this year, these teams may not have much going on, but in recent history, they've been pretty much mediocre at worst.

The AFC on the whole has sucked, especially since Manning went downhill, and the AFC east is the worst of the bunch. There's no spinning this. Stop.

The AFC on the whole has sucked, especially since Manning went downhill, and the AFC east is the worst of the bunch. There's no spinning this. Stop.

It's all in the numbers, Costanza. By the way, your NFC East is at .428 over that time frame, good for 6th out of 8 divisions...and only 2 playoff appearances.

Other than the Pats the AFC East has 7 playoff wins since 2000 and 6 of them are by the Jets. I dont think the division has had a single franchise QB in that entire time.

It's all in the numbers, Costanza. By the way, your NFC East is at .428 over that time frame, good for 6th out of 8 divisions...and only 2 playoff appearances.

Yet somehow the Pats are 1-3 vs the NFC east when it really counts. Boom! Roasted!

Other than the Pats the AFC East has 7 playoff wins since 2000 and 6 of them are by the Jets. I dont think the division has had a single franchise QB in that entire time.

I'd say Chad Pennington has been the best since 2001. 18 years. Wow. Bledsoe had a cup of coffee. The rest has been a total mess across 3 teams.

I will bet the Raiders are 4th place at best

Chargers, Chiefs, Broncos all way better

Chargers and Broncos will battle for the 2nd best defense in football behind the Jags

I laughed when I read earlier in the thread the raiders being the cream of the crop. Chargers were looking good heading into the season but lady luck sure isn't on their side.

you probably haven't even seen the dude play a snap dumbass, lol

I don't know what kind of qb he will make.. but one thing is for sure, Pat Mahomes has a focking cannon of an arm. :shocking:

Yes that's horrible news :wall:

"Now get back out there and KICK SOME A$$!!!" :headbanger:

I don't know what kind of qb he will make.. but one thing is for sure, Pat Mahomes has a focking cannon of an arm. :shocking:

:banana:

ODB highest paid WR in NFL. Ok G-Men, let's go win this thing!

So what are we betting?

PS - I won tickets for the game when the Faiders come to town in a few weeks. This'll be my first Broncos-Raiders game. Excited.

I'm hoping too. I'm trying to think of a way to combine Beckem, Barkley and Manning into a cool jingle.

I'm hoping too. I'm trying to think of a way to combine Beckem, Barkley and Manning into a cool jingle.

Good to have another Giant fan around. Be aware, there are lots of butt hurt Patriot fans around here who still haven't recovered. Never will it seems.

Good to have another Giant fan around. Be aware, there are lots of butt hurt Patriot fans around here who still haven't recovered. Never will it seems.

Recovered from what ???

I just want to see you say it again.

Recovered from what ???

seriously, what ?

RECENT memory seems to fail me.

Recovered from what ???

18-1. It's a wound that never healed.

Little surprised NY ponied up this kind of dough... From a football standpoint, I'm glad they did... History tells us high priced WRs don't (generally) lead you to SBs. I'd be much more worried if the Giants had landed a franchise QB.

That being said, even at this price - it's not all that obnoxious.. The real killer contract is the O. Vernon deal, $17m cap hit in 2018? Wow.. Vernon is on the books for $19m next year - they can cut him for $8m, I anticipate they do that.. Which in effect, will swap the ODB contract for Vernon's - call it a wash.

18-1. It's a wound that never healed.

Ahhhhh

You think giving a headcase WR a monster contract is going to induce more winning? LOL....

ODB straight to the DND list. No chance he gives return at his ADP