Sign in to follow this  
ralphster

Julio to hold out of training camp

He's looking for an update to his deal, Falcons brass already said it's not happening this year.

Does this stretch into the regular season?

The dude doesn't score TDs.. With the lack of scoring, I don't think he's underpaid. "At worst" - he'll miss the first .. 8 games of the season? I think you need to play at least 8 for the year to count, for contract purposes.

I don't see the Falcons caving with 3 years left on his contract. This is really good news for Ridley. I'm assuming that he he should be seeing some valuable first team reps in camp.

I don't expect him to miss any games

He's older and a little beaten up at this point, those guys don't like training camp

I don't expect him to miss any games

He's older and a little beaten up at this point, those guys don't like training camp

lol might just be an excuse to lengthen his summer holiday.

Undraftable season killer.

Yup. I mean something like 1400 yards per year the last 4 years straight kills yer team right?

I don’t think he’s worthy of a round one draft pick.

Even with those 1400 plus yards.

Last season he was 7th at the wr postion and 13 over all in ff points in ppr.

And the season before he was 6th at wr and 11th over all.

I think he’s a early second rounder.

Thanks for the question.

Yup. I mean something like 1400 yards per year the last 4 years straight kills yer team right?

Yes, it does. It keeps him as a 1st round pick and forces you to start him every week no matter what. Talk to a Julio owner the last few years and they can clue you in.

Devils advocate...last year I predicted the drop from reigning MVP Ryan if you all recall. This year though he should rebound back up. That can only be good for Julio if he even plays (contract situation).

I owned him last year and he had 2 bad games; week 4 and week 13.

Week 15, 3 54 is a good game? Not arguing, he was solid, but be real if you gonna cite games.

Jones was ranked in the top twelve only 3 weeks, week 7 and 12 and 16.

He finshed outside the top 24 ten times.

He finshed 36th or worst 5 times.

And this is a first round wr?

And that’s from ppr points.

Again I don’t see a first rounder.

I'd happily take Julio on any of my teams, but I can't spend a first round pick on him. Each season he ends up with strong yardage numbers and has a few amazing games, but at this point the lack of touchdown numbers is to be expected, not seen as an aberration. Will he get 12 td's along with 1300 yards this year (or any year)? It's possible, but not likely given history.

Obviously, he is a much better player, but the stats get skewed like they used to with Marques Colston with the Saints. It's crazy what 3 monster games a year can do to boost season long stats. The wins those weeks are great, but I want a 1st round pick to be a consistent, weekly high-floor, high-ceiling guy, and I don't personally feel that way about Julio at this point. It all depends on what's off the board, but I likely wouldn't take him until mid round 2 at the earliest. But that's the beauty of fantasy football; someone else will value him as a top 10 pick, and then we will see who was right.

Funny thing about Jones.

In 2016 when Ryan had is best ff season, Jones had a drop in ff points from the previous two seasons.

And last season Jones only scored 13 less points then he did in Ryan big season in 2016.

Funny thing about Jones.

In 2016 when Ryan had is best ff season, Jones had a drop in ff points from the previous two seasons.

And last season Jones only scored 13 less points then he did in Ryan big season in 2016.

That is interesting indeed. I have Ryan for a bounce year this season.

Week 15, 3 54 is a good game? Not arguing, he was solid, but be real if you gonna cite games.

Solid stat, but 8 ppg was my cutoff. If you made it past week 15 (and I did) he put up 7 for 149 in week 16 and helped me win the ship.

Solid stat, but 8 ppg was my cutoff. If you made it past week 15 (and I did) he put up 7 for 149 in week 16 and helped me win the ship.

8 should not be your cutoff in ppr. Standard yes, ppr no.