Sign in to follow this  
gitrdun

5th pick in 1/2 pt. ppr league

am I stupid I really do not like Brown in the 5th spot. most mock drafts have him going here, but when I mock draft I think my team is much better drafting either Karama, Barkley or Hunt. I usually get a much better receiver in the 2nd round than I do a running back in the 2nd round.

Any thoughts?

Not crazy at all. You will have some decent 2nd round running back options. The consistency and the huge advantage at your wr1 position will be worth it.

you can make decisions on your own too. I go with Kamara, Gordon, Hunt and Barkley in that order.

I am not a fan of the 1st 2 rounds of WR's this year, I think there is plenty of WR depth and a couple top 15 guys outside the first 3 rounds. RB's I doubt it

am I stupid I really do not like Brown in the 5th spot. most mock drafts have him going here, but when I mock draft I think my team is much better drafting either Karama, Barkley or Hunt. I usually get a much better receiver in the 2nd round than I do a running back in the 2nd round.

Any thoughts?

Agreed.

I would rather go rb in that spot also.

I think it’s much easier from what seen in mocks to find WRs then Rbs later into the draft, worth starting value.

You are def not locked into Brown at 5. I know guys who are considering Barkley at 2 even. Kamara was top 3 in a part time role last year. Devils advocate, half of the top 12 ranked RBs will bust, thats just historical precedent. No rhyme or reason, whoever your top 4 RBs are, 2 of them will bust most likely. Brown is a near lock to be a top 3 WR. Then again so was OBJ last year when I drafted him.

I have Brown as a keeper in 2 leagues and am very grateful. Barring injury he is guaranteed production. He is the safest pick at that spot, but I could understand going high upside RB.

AB/Mixon or AB/McKinnon or AB/Freeman or AB/McCaffery would be a good start if you went that route.

Otherwise Barkley/Hunt/Kamara paired with Thomas/Keenan/Adams/Green is what your start will look like.

I dont think there is a correct answer to this, but think you should just make a decision now on what position that you are picking with your first pick and strategizing from there.