Sign in to follow this  
lesjroza

Callaway-Coleman-Browns LOL

Per Rotoworld and a number of other Twitter users

https://twitter.com/TheKovach/status/1026907935916675072

BREAKING: Strongsville Police Report: Cleveland #Browns WR Antonio Callaway cited for possession of marijuana and driving with a suspended license at 2:59 a.m. Sunday, August 5th. Hours later the Browns traded Corey Coleman to Buffalo & elevated Callaway to starting WR.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/13108/antonio-callaway

Browns fourth-round WR Antonio Callaway was cited for marijuana possession on Sunday morning.

Callaway was also driving with a suspended license when he was stopped at 2:59 AM. The amount of marijuana in Callaway's possesion was a "minor misdemeanor" under Ohio law, but that's not how the NFL is going to view it. Callaway failed a drug test at the Combine, and was only available in the fourth round thanks to a host of off-the-field issues at Florida. He's facing a league-mandated suspension. Callaway was also stopped the same day the Browns traded Corey Coleman. It's unclear if the Browns knew of Callaway's situation when they flipped Coleman to the Bills. The Browns' once-intriguing skill corps is rapidly thinning. For what it is worth, Callaway was still running with the 1s on Tuesday.

From the Cleveland Plain Dealer...

Callaway's hearing is Thursday at 9:30 a.m. in Strongsville's Mayor's Court. The Browns are traveling to New York Wednesday to face the Giants in the preseason opener Thursday night.

Callaway, who was already in Stage 1 of the NFL's Substance Abuse Program, was on the practice field Monday and Tuesday, and scored a touchdown on a reverse in a goal-line drill on Tuesday, shortly after news of the citations broke.

"We are aware of the citation (and) are in the process of gathering more information and will comment further at the appropriate time,'' the Browns said in a statement shortly after ESPN Cleveland first reported the news.

Callaway was in Stage 1 by virtue of a dilute urine sample at the NFL Combine in March. A dilute sample is one in which there's too much water in the specimen, and counts as a positive test because sometimes players sometimes overload on water to mask drug use.

"The Dealer is waiting outside the lockerrom to see you."

they get statements quicker than any outlet in the country

So the Cleveland paper is called the dealer, huh? Ever think the players get that one confused?

Calloway just gave the old the marijuana wasn't mine excuse. Can't make this stuff up. Good thing the browns aren't on Hard Knocks...

"Callaway failed a drug test at the Combine, and was only available in the fourth round thanks to a host of off-the-field issues at Florida."

He basically failed a drug test at his interview. Plus other off the field garbage? Plus driving with a suspended license? I wonder why it was suspended. Now he becomes a starter. Why do teams even want guys like this in their locker rooms at all?

I think Josh Gordon should step up being a veteran and all by taking him under his wing.

Sounds like he already has.

Callaway was just being talked about on a sports radio program. I didn't realize the extent of trouble this guy had gotten into.

In college he got into trouble multiple times with drugs, having an illegal firearm, using stolen credit cards, and sexual assault on campus.

His sexual assault defense in court was not guilty because, "I was so stoned, I couldn't even have sex."

What is wrong with Cleveland?

Callaway was just being talked about on a sports radio program. I didn't realize the extent of trouble this guy had gotten into.

In college he got into trouble multiple times with drugs, having an illegal firearm, using stolen credit cards, and sexual assault on campus.

His sexual assault defense in court was not guilty because, "I was so stoned, I couldn't even have sex."

I just heard that Callaway said he had his car shipped due to moving, so other people were driving his car, and they must have left the pot in the car.

So I guess the people shipping the car were smoking up in the car before they loaded it on the truck and forgot their pot. This one is as good as his sexual abuse excuse.

I wonder if the shippers also swapped out his valid license with a suspended one and then called the police at 3am while he was out during training camp period of time.

Only now the flag is up? LOL

Antonio Callaway failed to inform the Browns of marijuana citation and Hue Jackson says 'the red flag is up'

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/08/hue_jackson_caught_off_guard_b.html

Now we know why Cleveland stinks so bad at drafting, they don't know all the details on who they draft.

this is just so perfect.. they give away Coleman (a 1st round pick) for a 2020 7th round pick.. literally.. nothing... just to not know what is actually happening with their other players at all.. no one in that organization knows anything about the players they have working there..

Josh Gordon checked himself into rehab 1 week prior to being re-instated .. no one in the organization KNEW THAT???

this newest WR weed head is still rolling around with they same pack of hoodlums.. except they're in his Escalade and not the Civic he used to have..

fvck the browns, their franchise should be stripped from the city and given to a play that will do a team right.. the ownership is pathetic, and they've been the worst for decades...

FWIW, now according to TMZ during the bust Callaway, in addition to the MJ, also had multiple single rounds and a Glock holster which "made the officer nervous", no gun in the car however and said it was still in Florida.