Sign in to follow this  
Phinfan0301

Anyone targeting Cleveland Browns?

These guys have been mentioned in other posts. Their team has a lot of buzz because of Hardknocks and the QB position...but they're still the Browns. Who would you take if you're drafting a Brown this year? Why? What do you think their floor and ceiling is?

Tyrod?

Gordon?

Landry?

Njoku?

RB's?

For me its real simple but others don't want to take the risk. Its Josh Gordon.

I get that hes only played like 6 games out of the last 48...but i really believe were finally going to see him play a full season. He knows hes on his last straw and I really believe hes taking care of himself. So lets assume he does play...

1 - He is a Calvin Johnson or T.O...the guy is a beast.

2 - Opportunity - The Browns traded Coleman and have now lost Callaway as their #3. Assuming they don't make any additions to the unit, hes in for a major target share. He is splitting with someone who will no doubt take looks away from him, but will also reward by extending so many more possessions. Landry is the best #2 that Gordon has ever played with.

3 - The defense's strength of schedule is ranked DEAD LAST. They're going to be playing behind in every game (whats new?)

4 - He has Landry as a role model and a guy to fire him up. Landry is changing the culture. He will inspire and work with Gordon to be a better man not just a better player.

5 - LAST but NOT LEAST!!! His price. In my auction league he is HALF the cost of a top-tier WR, but could be the #1 WR in the league.

Again, assuming he DOES play ...how could you not take Gordon? He gives you 1600 yard / 12+ TD upside.

I understand his talent and his solid price. But with Tyrod in there he has ZERO chance to be the #1 WR this year or anything too close. Tyrod is a WR killer. Maybe Baker comes in early in the season and has an amazing rookie year but wouldnt hold my breath.

Im not targeting any of them. But yeah at least they have some talent for once.

i don't pretend to know any specifics, but gordon has not even reported yet. apparently he's working on his health. is there any guarantee that he plays?

"Targeting"? No, not after last night. At this point in time, I have no faith in Hue Jackson. After seeing the interaction between Haley and Jackson, I'm out.

I'll take Landry, Gordon, Njoku, and Chubb, but I'm not targeting any of them. If they fall to the point where they become a value, I'll take them, but that's it.

Gordon and Landry would have to be my WR4, Njoku, my TE2 (if I even draft one), and Chubb would have to be my RB6.

Landry in PPR at the right price.

Gordon possible in standard, but his ADP is too high for all those question marks and the Browns being the Browns.

Landry is the only one in the right spot I would draft.

I agree with post #2 I don’t see how Taylor can feed all that talent.

Landry just seems too be the safe pick of the Hue Bunch.

What at the odds that Hue is gone before week 5? This is the valuable information we need.

"Targeting"? No, not after last night. At this point in time, I have no faith in Hue Jackson. After seeing the interaction between Haley and Jackson, I'm out.

I'll take Landry, Gordon, Njoku, and Chubb, but I'm not targeting any of them. If they fall to the point where they become a value, I'll take them, but that's it.

Gordon and Landry would have to be my WR4, Njoku, my TE2 (if I even draft one), and Chubb would have to be my RB6.

Man, I gotta agree with you. After hearing more about Callaway's past and knowing that the Browns drafted that guy after going through the hell that is Gordon, all I can say is, wow.

What at the odds that Hue is gone before week 5? This is the valuable information we need.

If you didn't watch Hard Knocks last night, you heard about that exchange between Haley and Jackson. If that offense comes out real slow with them looking lost, I think an 0-4 start would seem to indicate that he gets fired. I mean, how can he not be? The whole country would know that the Haley was right, Jackson was wrong, and there's proof out there.

If you watched that last night, you had to see Jackson being defensive. If Jackson was just hired and this was his first year, after some other guy was 1-31 the last 2 years, I'd cut him some slack. But when YOU are the guy that just went 1-31, you'd think he'd be very open to take suggestions from a guy who came from the Steelers. I mean, he had a top 10 offense the last 4 years and made the playoffs each one.

Honestly, if I'm the owner of the Browns and I didn't know about that conversation until last night, I'm on the phone with Hue at 11:01 pm last night. I might have even fired him at 11:01 pm last night.

No idea why they kept Hue. I mean 1-31 in last 2 seasons. Im all for giving coaches time but he did nothing for them and seems too player friendly for this bunch. Not sure why they will run with Hue all offseason knowing he probably doesnt last the season. The smart move would have been new coach (Frank Reich) to pair with a new "franchise" QB. Just setting yourself up for instability with going this route.

If you didn't watch Hard Knocks last night, you heard about that exchange between Haley and Jackson. If that offense comes out real slow with them looking lost, I think an 0-4 start would seem to indicate that he gets fired. I mean, how can he not be? The whole country would know that the Haley was right, Jackson was wrong, and there's proof out there.

If you watched that last night, you had to see Jackson being defensive. If Jackson was just hired and this was his first year, after some other guy was 1-31 the last 2 years, I'd cut him some slack. But when YOU are the guy that just went 1-31, you'd think he'd be very open to take suggestions from a guy who came from the Steelers. I mean, he had a top 10 offense the last 4 years and made the playoffs each one.

Honestly, if I'm the owner of the Browns and I didn't know about that conversation until last night, I'm on the phone with Hue at 11:01 pm last night. I might have even fired him at 11:01 pm last night.

Haven't seen Hard Knocks (no HBO). Can you give some details of the exchange between Jackson and Haley? Thanks.

I would go for Njoku if I miss the TE run or something like that.

It's kind of a wild card position any way and some young guy with talent on a squad looking for go to guys, who knows?

Barring any miracle, the browns are starting 0-2. Can't see them beating Pitt at home and they're certainly not going into New Orleans and putting up a W.

Hues job comes down to week 3. If they don't beat the shitty jets, he's toast. Haley takes over and the baker era begins..

Either way, the entire franchise is a joke. How are you so adamant declaring tyrod as your starter without a single preseason snap. What if baker is lights out and completely outperforms him. Makes no sense. And what if you start 0-2 (which they will) are they going to keep the first pick on the bench and potentially allow the guy they past on to beat you? ...this spells disaster

To quote Gene Chandler if I had to take or target anyone from the Browns it would be "Duke, Duke, Duke" Duke Johnson.

Wow. Shocked that nobody is trying to take this gamble on Gordon.

Tyrod ------ Someone said Tyrod is a WR killer...but the Browns offense is arguably better than any he had in Buffalo. He has a deep arm, never throws INT's, and is pretty damn smart. Who is he gonna feed if the Browns are behind? (And they will be) - Gordon!

Gordon ------ Look at what Gordon did in 2013. In his 1st 2 years he put up 2500 yards...4th MOST ALL-TIME.

In his rookie year he put up 800 yards/6 TDs....that is his floor

That 1600 yards/9 TDs in 2013 was only 14 games. That is his ceiling.

Both of these Browns teams were MUCH WORSE than what they're becoming now. They definitely are turning their team around. Tyrod's arm and low INT rate are HUGE upgrades for Gordon.

HardKnocks ------ Yeah I can see that Haley was pissed with Hue, but since its a reality TV show...you can't put too much into this. You gotta remember you're seeing what they want you to see and they (like any "reality" show) are guilty of driving/dictating the narratives. I mean if you just look at that one scene it feels like there is a huge mutiny against Hue and Haley wants his job. But I don't think that is the reality. Even if it is...that would only be a good thing right?

For the first time ever, hard knocks makes me not want players from the team on the show.

Haven't seen Hard Knocks (no HBO). Can you give some details of the exchange between Jackson and Haley? Thanks.

I guess a lot of guys are just taking days off. Haley said they have a ton of work to do and they need guys to practice. Hue then says that guys are being held out as a preventative measure.

Now the editing looked a little choppy, so I don't know how they cut things together, but Hue then says that as head coach he needs to see things through a different lens. Then he closes by saying it's his team and he's going to do things how he wants to do them.

Tyrod ------ Someone said Tyrod is a WR killer...but the Browns offense is arguably better than any he had in Buffalo. He has a deep arm, never throws INT's, and is pretty damn smart. Who is he gonna feed if the Browns are behind? (And they will be) - Gordon!

Gordon ------ Look at what Gordon did in 2013. In his 1st 2 years he put up 2500 yards...4th MOST ALL-TIME.

Both of these Browns teams were MUCH WORSE than what they're becoming now. They definitely are turning their team around. Tyrod's arm and low INT rate are HUGE upgrades for Gordon.

HardKnocks ------ Yeah I can see that Haley was pissed with Hue, but since its a reality TV show...you can't put too much into this. You gotta remember you're seeing what they want you to see and they (like any "reality" show) are guilty of driving/dictating the narratives. I mean if you just look at that one scene it feels like there is a huge mutiny against Hue and Haley wants his job. But I don't think that is the reality. Even if it is...that would only be a good thing right?

Hey good post.

I can see your point and really appreciate what your saying.

I havent seen J Gordon produce anything in some time.

So for me Landry is the one I would take, simply hes the safest of the two.

Gordon could dominant once again like he has before, but hes never had another wr with the ability as Landry.

And I think Taylor isnt good enough too feed them any of them enough too make either of them worthy of a Wr1.

Both Gordon and Landry on the same team with Taylor at Qb and on the field a the same time, all I can see is a lot of headaches.

Thanks.

I'm wary on Gordon. If he is still struggling so much from who know's what that he can't be in camp, then how will he handle the NFL season traveling from city to city, cameras watching his every move, fans yelling at him, teammates partying, and him being the topic of many game conversations with interviews etc? It's been 5 years since he had those great numbers. He has had 1 great year in his 4 years of actual playing.

And I don't think 800 is his floor. There is no way any one of us know if he will even be clean or have the mindset to finish the season. His floor to me right at the moment is zero, but will be determined week by week until the year is over if he makes it through it. He hasn't played in more than 5 games in any one year since 2013.

I think the Browns focus on the rushing game and dump offs to Duke for the most part. That is why they drafted Chubb high, and paid Hyde $5 million a year before either one of them played one down with the team. They are going to need two full-time backs to handle the load this year. And in the pass game, Landry will speak up early and often about wanting the ball. To the point of being annoyingly disruptive. That is who he was in Miami.

Given Landry being a "me" guy, Gordon being a drug addict and a general therapy for life guy, and Callaway being a career criminal and possible drug addict (drugs, stolen credit cards, illegal gun, sexual offense), it's a bad mix of players for a team that is trying to turn it around.

Im not sure how weed works, but can you really be clean for a few years and have the shakes to voluntarily want help ?

• Like 1

Im not sure how weed works, but can you really be clean as long as what things are suppose to be and have the shakes to voluntarily want help ?

This post is hypnotizing. The harder I try to decode it the deeper I fall into a downward spiral.

• Like 2

This post is hypnotizing. The harder I try to decode it the deeper I fall into a downward spiral.

Fixed !!

Im not sure how weed works, but can you really be clean for a few years and have the shakes to voluntarily want help ?

No