Sign in to follow this  
kujerry

Barkley vs Cook in PPR

Lets talk some Barkley vs Cook. Who you all like. Now I know the hype train is full throttle on Barkley even after his 39 years carry tonight.

So cooks looked good and handled the ball well last year befor his ACL injurie. Nice O-line good WRs and QB and top D. Maybe Minnesota will give Cook what they gave AP after he had his ACL.

Barkley 2 series tonight. Still unknown. O-line should be improved but didnt look great tonight. Hell Eli didnt look good, maybe when OBJ gets in there it will be better.

Im picking at 5 in a keeper league. 14 teams every team keeping 2 players so 28 players off the board. AB, gurley, zeke and David Johnson will be top 4. Leaving me choosing between Barkley, Cook or even OBJ.

Who would u rather have. And why

Barkley

Or

Cook

I rather have Barkley and my reason is less mouths to feed. Its goung to be the OBJ/Barkley show with sprinkles of Engram . With Cook, Minnesota has far more weapons than the Giants and will spread the ball around. Also with Cook coming off an ACL injury, so theyll probably lighten is load up some. JMO

Cook in ppr would be my pick.

Like the poster above said, the Vikings have more weapons and a better Qb, that’s only going too help D Cook not hinder him.

Cook is my pick.

Hey this was a great question.

Thanks.

I rather have Barkley and my reason is less mouths to feed. Its goung to be the OBJ/Barkley show with sprinkles of Engram . With Cook, Minnesota has far more weapons than the Giants and will spread the ball around. Also with Cook coming off an ACL injury, so theyll probably lighten is load up some. JMO

Too many mouths is an overused and false cliche. Cook is the man in the backfield. The fact that Theilan, Rudolph and Diggs exist and are on the team does nothing to detract from him. Also I agree with Weep, more weapons, better offense, team etc helps everyone, it doesnt hurt.

Engram, Sterling, Obj, Barkley. Rudolph, theilan, Diggs, Cook. The vikings do not have FAR MORE weapons.

I think Cook provides bigger games, but a bigger risk now since he has the injury tag. Anything said about Barkley is speculation at this point, we all been down that road. Mixon had the hype last year, im not sure what round i got him in, but i did cringe a few times putting him in.

I think Cook provides bigger games, but a bigger risk now since he has the injury tag. Anything said about Barkley is speculation at this point, we all been down that road. Mixon had the hype last year, im not sure what round i got him in, but i did cringe a few times putting him in.

If you think the Barkley hype is the same as the Mixon hype from last year than you clearly dont know anything about college football. Mixon wasnt even highest rated of his draft class. Barkley is the highest rated in last 5-6 years I believe. He had the hype before the combine and then literally destroyed the combine.

Its a different hype.

If you think the Barkley hype is the same as the Mixon hype from last year than you clearly dont know anything about college football. Mixon wasnt even highest rated of his draft class. Barkley is the highest rated in last 5-6 years I believe. He had the hype before the combine and then literally destroyed the combine.

Its a different hype.

Agreed.

Mixon was talked about being a good nfl rb, Barkley is already having a bronze made for the HOF.

Big diffrence and how those two Rbs are indeed being viewed.

Great point, thanks.

I love Cook over Barkley but I understand him dropping some due to coming off of injury. Cook has a great situation in Minny, I hope he is able to stay healthy because he was fun to watch. The better the passing game and oline play, usually turns into better for the RB. But let's see...

Agreed.

Mixon was talked about being a good nfl rb, Barkley is already having a bronze made for the HOF.

Big diffrence and how those two Rbs are indeed being viewed.

Great point, thanks.

You are full of gr8 posts aren't you. Barkley hasn't played a game yet outside of pre-season and you have a Giants RB in the HOF.

i agree with everyone when it comes to Barkley and his incredible talent, but I do think it'll take some time for him to learn how to be as successful in the NFL as he was in college. In his first preseason game the first run was impressive showing his ability to cut, stop and go with incredible acceleration, but I need to see more before he gets into the Peterson, gurley level. He's going to have to learn how to take the 3-4 hard run up the middle and stop trying to hit the homerun on every play.

Also, other than that 1st run, I saw nothing from that Giants offense in the first preseason game. Eli looked like the Eli of last year. Maybe even slower. The Giants 1st seven games are brutal....Jax, Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, panthers, eagles, falcons. All top 15 deftness. If the Giants start 2-5, why run their prize rookie into the ground in his first year?

Crazy is it may sound, I like Cook coming off an ACl over Barkley. Better offense, and a little more polished as an NFL runner so far.

Not crazy at all. I've seen ranks with Barkley at 7 and Cook at 9, well within the range of comprehensible. I watched Eli's 2 Series a few times now and he was fine. Shurmur, predictably ran a vanilla offense with no OBJ and Engram mostly blocking. He was 2-2 when targeting his only starter, Shepard. For Fantasy purposes he will be a fine backup, maybe even a superflex but that's about it.

I'm not taking Cook at all. He's going way too high for my tastes. Yeah, he had a great start last year, but that does nothing for me. There have been a lot of RB's who started out of the gate like lightning only to end as a spark... and none of them are coming off an ACL. I'll take Cook as an RB4, but no sooner. As an RB3 is possible if I'm deep at WR. I'm thinking 7th round for Cook... so certainly not the 7th pick to be in a discussion with Barkley.

I think D Cook is going too be a top ten rb back this season.

And if I can get him as a rb1 I would be very happy about it.

Thanks.

I like hook but I think Berkeley is going to be a top 5 player this year. I think the Giants are going to utilize him in the right way. Just my two cents.

I'm not taking Cook at all. He's going way too high for my tastes. Yeah, he had a great start last year, but that does nothing for me. There have been a lot of RB's who started out of the gate like lightning only to end as a spark... and none of them are coming off an ACL. I'll take Cook as an RB4, but no sooner. As an RB3 is possible if I'm deep at WR. I'm thinking 7th round for Cook... so certainly not the 7th pick to be in a discussion with Barkley.

You can be wrong in round 3. You take 2 RBs with first 2 rounds and by the time the third round gets there you will have 20 some WRs close to same value. I would only hesitate for Kelce at TE but gladly pick Cook since I can start 3 Rbs with 1 in a flex option. But yea hard decision either way you go with Barkley being unproven.

You can be wrong in round 3. You take 2 RBs with first 2 rounds and by the time the third round gets there you will have 20 some WRs close to same value. I would only hesitate for Kelce at TE but gladly pick Cook since I can start 3 Rbs with 1 in a flex option. But yea hard decision either way you go with Barkley being unproven.

Taking Cook in round 3 is ok, not for me personally, but if your strategy/draft and league rules take you in that direction, then that's fine. My league and draft strategy won't dictate that. He'll go in the first 15 picks and I'm fine with someone else taking him. Yeah, Barkley is unproven, but really, how proven is Cook? He only has 74 NFL carries (11 receptions), and that's more than Barkley, but that's no where near enough to sway me.

In my opinion, Cook is a bigger risk because #1, he's coming off an ACL, and #2, coming out of college wasn't the complete back that Barkley is.

I've got some bias leaning towards Barkley over Cook but we really haven't seen much from either of them. It's a close call and as we've seen above sound arguments can be made for both.

And for those thinking that Barkley will be the bell cow for the Gmen I say slow your roll. At the very least J Stew will be vulturing goal line carries and could be given a few series in every game.

In non ppr mocks I see D Cook being drafted late round two.

I think that’s a very good spot for him.

If you go wr first round he’s a good rb1 too draft in round two.

You are full of gr8 posts aren't you. Barkley hasn't played a game yet outside of pre-season and you have a Giants RB in the HOF.

He isnt putting Barkley in the HOF. Hes just comparing the amount of hype between the 2. A lot of people have him pegged for greatness. Hes just saying in general most people liked Mixon last year but Saquon was projected as a possible top 5 pick in the NFL before last college football season even started.

The NFL has been waiting for Saquon for a while now. Cant say the same for any other RB prospects that have been drafted in recent years.

He isnt putting Barkley in the HOF. Hes just comparing the amount of hype between the 2. A lot of people have him pegged for greatness. Hes just saying in general most people liked Mixon last year but Saquon was projected as a possible top 5 pick in the NFL before last college football season even started.

The NFL has been waiting for Saquon for a while now. Cant say the same for any other RB prospects that have been drafted in recent years.

Except for Elliott, but yes, agreed otherwise.

When the 7th round hits there will be 20-25 rbs taken. Unless you're playing in a four team league, there is ZERO chance cook is available then.

Anything after the 2nd round you stole him.

When the 7th round hits there will be 20-25 rbs taken. Unless you're playing in a four team league, there is ZERO chance cook is available then.

This is the guy who said Gurley was not in his top 50 players last year, so disregard when he makes these outlandish statements. 7th round for a workhorse on a great team who catches, okey dokey.

This is the guy who said Gurley was not in his top 50 players last year, so disregard when he makes these outlandish statements. 7th round for a workhorse on a great team who catches, okey dokey.

Agreed. I'm fine if someone doesn't like a player and refuses to draft them , but moving a player of that caliber down 5 rounds seems idiotic.

However , I did listen to "first things first" today and they were talking about how injured Minnesota's offensive line is. This is something to monitor over the next couple of weeks. If things don't improve I'll drop cook to later in the 2nd in my rankings. I'm my big money league we'll be drafting on the eve of Thursdays first game, so I have tons of time.

i agree 12 team leagues you wont get a Cook, but you can take a chance on a RB that has a chance to be a 20 carry guy in the third round. By the time the season rolls around this strategy will probably be out the window via injuries like a Derrius Guice.

Barkley and it's not close. I have no idea what Cook's numbers will look like, but Barkley's 1200 - 8, with 25-30 catches for another 350 - 2 make it a no brainer.

Without a doubt. I'm simply stating where I value him at. I'm fully away that if I played in 1,000 leagues, I would still have 0 shares of him for that very reason.

Hey, I never said I'm always right, I just give my opinion. No one has to listen to me, don't care if they do or don't.

Question. What was your opinion of Doug Martin heading into the 2013 season? You know, the workhorse who catches passes.

After you dodge that question, give me a list of all the RB's who had a top 15 (RB), fantasy season after an ACL injury? Other than Adrian Peterson who was a legitimately proven super star, I'd be interested in that list.

Its a different hype.

Its a different hype.

I remember Lawrence Phillips having the same hype

Phillips was having a lot of problems at Nebraska even before becoming an nfl player.

Nebraska did a great job of helping him and even hiding and down playing a lot of his issues based on him being their best player.

I don’t recall Barkley coming into the nfl with those type of issues.

I remember Lawrence Phillips having the same hype

I'm talking about recent years lol you're going back almost a quarter century!

Yeah and Cook has played 4 games and went out for the season.

I'm surprised to see how many have Cook over Barkley on the thread. Viks have a solid and proven goal line back and will give him plenty of work with Cook coming off the injury.

Sequan is at top 6 pick....Dalvin is a great RB2 with upside.

Yeah and Cook has played 4 games and went out for the season.

I'm surprised to see how many have Cook over Barkley on the thread. Viks have a solid and proven goal line back and will give him plenty of work with Cook coming off the injury.

Sequan is at top 6 pick....Dalvin is a great RB2 with upside.

I'm not saying I would take Cook over Barkley. I'm just pointing out if I would draft Cook I would automatically expect half a season out of him. If I drafted Barkley I would expect he may leave me frustrated by holding him all season and starting him when I have to. With all this I don't expect to draft either because the hype will outweigh the risk for where others will pull the trigger. I'm okay with drafting guys expecting injury as long as I can get them at the right price knowing the games there healthy pays big dividends. If I draft a Barkley in the second round expecting a 100 yds rushing and a td most games and he turns out lucky to get 50 yds rushing, with a guy with my second pick I would ask myself how long have I been playing putting my marbles on a rookie. I would probably pass up on a potential top 10 Wide Receiver for that kind of risk. After a couple rounds is where draft strategy and the players even out to where you have a number about the same value to where Cook and Barkley would get moved ahead for me.

I'm not saying I would take Cook over Barkley. I'm just pointing out if I would draft Cook I would automatically expect half a season out of him. If I drafted Barkley I would expect he may leave me frustrated by holding him all season and starting him when I have to. With all this I don't expect to draft either because the hype will outweigh the risk for where others will pull the trigger. I'm okay with drafting guys expecting injury as long as I can get them at the right price knowing the games there healthy pays big dividends. If I draft a Barkley in the second round expecting a 100 yds rushing and a td most games and he turns out lucky to get 50 yds rushing, with a guy with my second pick I would ask myself how long have I been playing putting my marbles on a rookie. I would probably pass up on a potential top 10 Wide Receiver for that kind of risk. After a couple rounds is where draft strategy and the players even out to where you have a number about the same value to where Cook and Barkley would get moved ahead for me.

How are you able to expect injury?

I am not a homer for either team. I take Barkley. Giants offensive line will be improved. Eli will have an improved season. Cook's injury is the biggest reason he scares me. 4 great games last year but will he be the same guy? Minny now has injuries on the offensive line. I believe Minny will give Murray extra work and Kirk will throw A LOT. I'd go Barkley top 8 in 12 man PPR, where I'd go Cook in the 12-16 range PPR. I'd take Cook if I can pair him with another 1st round RB. I just don't really want him as my RB1.

How are you able to expect injury?

He played 4 games and was injured, not 4 years. I'm okay with a Jordan Reed at TE around the 9th round knowing if he was to stay healthy I would get a home-run. But if I take a Reed I would probably take an Ebron, Eifert, or Doyle with the next pick .Either way I don't lose, I get value enough for a flex compared to whoever I can draft at WR. Expecting injury is better then banking your team on a decision, they don't put the warning tag on players for nothing.