Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

I think there will be a rare handful of rooky WR's that will be startable this year....

How do you rank these guys ?

Courtland Sutton

DJ Moore

James Washington

Anthony Miller

Michael Gallup

Ridley

Gallup

Moore

Sutton

Ridley

rooky?

Chewbocka in his first year? :dunno:

How do you rank these guys ?

Courtland Sutton

DJ Moore

James Washington

Anthony Miller

Michael Gallup

Ridley

I think there's a total of 0, start-able rookie WR's this year. When these guys hit their primes, I think they'll max out as NFL #2's/fantasy #3's... and that might only be 1 or 2 of them. If in 3 years, none of these guys are in the NFL, I won't be the least bit shocked.

My league is ditching kicker in favor of a third wr this season so guys like this will be very important. I’ll be targeting Gallup and Moore, don’t know much about the others.

Chewbocka in his first year? :dunno:

No way, e'rbody knows Chewy is born TE.

Anthony Miller

Christian Kirk

DJ Moore

And maybe Sutton

The first two I think are best bets to be flex spot options with Miller though I think is gonna be special

Anthony Miller

Christian Kirk

DJ Moore

And maybe Sutton

The first two I think are best bets to be flex spot options with Miller though I think is gonna be special

no way on Miller or Sutton.

Trubisky sucks and Miller is likely to be the 4th option, and Sutton is the 3rd/4th option for Keenum who will likely trust Demaryious and Sanders way more than a rookie

Great analysis there trubisky sucks. Miller is gonna lead the bears in targets most likely. And Sutton will be a redzone factor. Also if you read it Im saying maybe Sutton. But definitely Miller.

no way on Miller or Sutton.

Trubisky sucks and Miller is likely to be the 4th option, and Sutton is the 3rd/4th option for Keenum who will likely trust Demaryious and Sanders way more than a rookie

Great analysis there trubisky sucks. Miller is gonna lead the bears in targets most likely. And Sutton will be a redzone factor. Also if you read it Im saying maybe Sutton. But definitely Miller.

Miller will not lead the bears in targets. silly talk

yep Trubisky sucks is great analysis

he sucked in college, was a wasted draft pick, and will suck in the pros. Mark Sanchez at best

Not a huge Trubisky fan, but the only year he started at North Carolina he was pretty good. 68% completion, 30 Td 6 Int.

Not a huge Trubisky fan, but the only year he started at North Carolina he was pretty good. 68% completion, 30 Td 6 Int.

seen plenty of good college 1 year wonders

Ryan Leaf

seen plenty of good college 1 year wonders

Ryan Leaf

Leaf started for 2 years in college and was mentally messed up in the pros. I don't get the comparison. But then, I get it that you personally would compare them. It's what you do.

Leaf started for 2 years in college and was mentally messed up in the pros. I don't get the comparison. But then, I get it that you personally would compare them. It's what you do.

Leaf had 1 really good year in college, rose to top 2 overall and failed in the pros, thats my comparison

I have never seen why Trubisky would be so highly touted

Leaf had 1 really good year in college, rose to top 2 overall and failed in the pros, thats my comparison

I have never seen why Trubisky would be so highly touted

Trubisky hasn't failed in the pros. So you are not comparing them, just making a random prediction.Which is fine, but there is zero basis for that comparison.

Trubisky hasn't failed in the pros. So you are not comparing them, just making a random prediction.Which is fine, but there is zero basis for that comparison.

no I am using the comparison as a tool that says top drafted QB's a lot of times that have 1 good year in college fail

last year, it was Trubisky who rose from nowhere, was overdrafted and I just don't think is any good.

This year there are going to be at least 2 of those guys who bust, and if I had to pick it would be Rosen and Mayfield, Allen will be average at best, but is not the long term answer either imo

I'm sure there probably will be some rookie WRS that are at least serviceable.

WR is so open after the first few I'm sure some rookies will step in and be in starting line ups.

Gallup and Moore could be WRs you put in and don't sit after a few weeks.

Others are likely to emerge as at least spot starters.

no I am using the comparison as a tool that says top drafted QB's a lot of times that have 1 good year in college fail

last year, it was Trubisky who rose from nowhere, was overdrafted and I just don't think is any good.

This year there are going to be at least 2 of those guys who bust, and if I had to pick it would be Rosen and Mayfield, Allen will be average at best, but is not the long term answer either imo

That's fine that you guess who will be good or not, but all you are backing it up with is that you think someone will be good or not. There is nothing behind it but your outside-looking-in opinion. Anyone can do that.

That's fine that you guess who will be good or not, but all you are backing it up with is that you think someone will be good or not. There is nothing behind it but your outside-looking-in opinion. Anyone can do that.

yes its called watching them in college and not seeing the it factor

I have a long history of it here bro, it started with the Cutler vs Ryan debate, in which everyone except me was on Jay Cutler as the next coming, and I from day 1 thought Matt Ryan would be a much better QB

yes its called watching them in college and not seeing the it factor

I have a long history of it here bro, it started with the Cutler vs Ryan debate, in which everyone except me was on Jay Cutler as the next coming, and I from day 1 thought Matt Ryan would be a much better QB

Im not buying it.The 'it' factor. That"s what people say when they don't know about player skills and development. And I bet you were wrong a lot but of course you wouldn't talk about those. But like I said, nothing wrong with that. A lot of folks including pro personnel are wrong sometimes and right other times. And you are wrong about everyone choosing Cutler over Ryan.

Im not buying it.The 'it' factor. That"s what people say when they don't know about player skills and development. And I bet you were wrong a lot but of course you wouldn't talk about those. But like I said, nothing wrong with that. A lot of folks including pro personnel are wrong sometimes and right other times. And you are wrong about everyone choosing Cutler over Ryan.

it was 80/20 in favor of Cutler at least

I have no problem admitting I am wrong, I was wrong about RG3, I was wrong about Wentz, I was right about Wilson, I was wrong about Goff, I was wrong about Cousins, I was right about Rivers, I was wrong about Tannehill, I was right about Dak (although I might be starting to lean wrong) I called Dak the best QB in that class, thats where I am wrong

I just have a felling that C Ridley of the Falcons could really develop into the Falcons wr2 and get some tds.

Kind of like him has a late late show pick up at the wr postion.

Thanks.

DJ Moore is number 1 and its not even remotely close. The other guys arent as good, this guy is going to be a top 10 receiver soon. However, Cam isnt exactly a good passer.

DJ Moore is number 1 and its not even remotely close. The other guys arent as good, this guy is going to be a top 10 receiver soon. However, Cam isnt exactly a good passer.

was happy to take him at 5 in a rookie draft...early results are very encouraging. Cam gets Norv Turner this year so there is hope he can improve.

Love the kid's talent, but both target quantity and target share % is a concern with Olsen / Funchess / CMC in the picture. Hopefully the cream rises quickly with Moore.

Love the kid's talent, but both target quantity and target share % is a concern with Olsen / Funchess / CMC in the picture. Hopefully the cream rises quickly with Moore.

I don't hate his situation as much as you do, but I think his drawback is having Newton more than anything else.

Sutton has Thomas and Sanders in competition for targets, but is getting praised by local analysts, and I like him going in.

My favorite is Miller but he has an unproven QB. Although a QB that likes the center of the field.

I'm willing to take any of these guys in a keeper, but this is a toss up situatiom.

I don't hate his situation as much as you do, but I think his drawback is having Newton more than anything else.

Sutton has Thomas and Sanders in competition for targets, but is getting praised by local analysts, and I like him going in.

My favorite is Miller but he has an unproven QB. Although a QB that likes the center of the field.

I'm willing to take any of these guys in a keeper, but this is a toss up situatiom.

Yeah, between Newton and the potential target share of those Newton passes is what turns me off just a tad, but I'll be targeting him due to cost-upside. Especially in keeper.

Yeah, between Newton and the potential target share of those Newton passes is what turns me off just a tad, but I'll be targeting him due to cost-upside. Especially in keeper.

all these factors to me is why Gallup is the no 1 choice. He really has nobody to pass, no proven tight end on the roster either

all these factors to me is why Gallup is the no 1 choice. He really has nobody to pass, no proven tight end on the roster either

I agree with his situation is probably the best of these guys, but if I invest in a Dallas WR this year, it will be Beasley.

As a Cowboys fan, I don't know about Gallup as a FF option. Think he'll be a fine player, but I don't know about a WR2/3...think he could be a nice bye week filler.

I disagree with the OP. I don't think there will be a single WR rookie other than a flex bye week option that wIl be startable...it doesn't happen in the NFL. Randy moss was an anomaly

I disagree with the OP. I don't think there will be a single WR rookie other than a flex bye week option that wIl be startable...it doesn't happen in the NFL. Randy moss was an anomaly

Odell, Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Keenan Allen, Amari Cooper, and JuJu to name a few all had great rookie seasons in the past few years.