Sign in to follow this  
backpacker1040

Fournette vs Mixon keeper

Who would you keep, Fournette in round 4 or Mixon in round 7?

Fournette seems like a back- end RB1, so I like the idea of going into the draft already with a RB1, but Mixon seems like good value in round 7.

Thanks for the thoughts.

It's tough to say. It really falls on your thoughts on Mixon this year. I'm not a huge fan of Fournette but he is in a very good situation. I'm higher on Mixon but he is in a not so great situation. I guess it depends also on how many keepers are in your league and the difference of who you think will be available in the 4th round and if losing that pick will impact your roster by missing out on a promising rookie RB or a quality starting WR.

Fournette, easily, he'll be in your line up each week

Is it better value to get Mixon in round 7 if he's on your bench most of the season?

Polecat- my thoughts exactly. I don't want Mixon if he can't crack the starting lineup. Mixon is a big unknown for me coming into this season. Seems to have an improved o- line...

Who would you keep, Fournette in round 4 or Mixon in round 7?

Fournette seems like a back- end RB1, so I like the idea of going into the draft already with a RB1, but Mixon seems like good value in round 7.

Thanks for the thoughts.

What's the cost going forward and who else are you keeping? I only ask that because right now Fournette is the easy answer, but I don't trust him long term. If you have other guys that you're keeping to go along with one of these guys, I'd keep Mixon and trade Fournette (if possible).

Factoring in Marvin Lewis I have to go with Fournette

We're only allowed one keeper, and league rules favor keeping your only one year. If you want to keep the same player a second year, the draft round moves up four rounds (in other words, if I kept Mixon this year in the 7th, he would cost me a third round pick the following year).

We're only allowed one keeper, and league rules favor keeping your only one year. If you want to keep the same player a second year, the draft round moves up four rounds (in other words, if I kept Mixon this year in the 7th, he would cost me a third round pick the following year).

Then it doesn't matter who keep. You can't keep Fournette after this season, but you'll probably draft a player you can keep next year. Odds are his value will be equal to or better than 3rd round Mixon.

If you want to play it safe and keep Mixon, that's probably ok too because he should be a 3rd round value or better next year.

It's all personal preference. If you like Fournette better, keep him. If not, go with Mixon. I don't think you can screw up.

Fournette easly.

For a 4th round pick.

He’s easly a round one pick.

Thanks.

Great question.

Then it doesn't matter who keep. You can't keep Fournette after this season, but you'll probably draft a player you can keep next year. Odds are his value will be equal to or better than 3rd round Mixon.

If you want to play it safe and keep Mixon, that's probably ok too because he should be a 3rd round value or better next year.

It's all personal preference. If you like Fournette better, keep him. If not, go with Mixon. I don't think you can screw up.

I think this puts it perfectly.

(Id keep Fournette, because I like him better, especially when team track record, coaching tendencies and schedules are considered.)

Fournette easly.

For a 4th round pick.

He’s easly a round one pick.

Thanks.

Great question.

I believe Weepaws has it right. With Fournette you're getting a 1st rounder (in a keeper league where most studs will be kept) in the 4th round. And as others have said Mixon may not even crack your starting lineup.

I'm in a similar league and also took Leonard in the 4th round last year. But I'm torn because I took a shot on Zeke in the 2nd round. Fournette might hold more value.

I believe Weepaws has it right. With Fournette you're getting a 1st rounder (in a keeper league where most studs will be kept) in the 4th round. And as others have said Mixon may not even crack your starting lineup.

I'm in a similar league and also took Leonard in the 4th round last year. But I'm torn because I took a shot on Zeke in the 2nd round. Fournette might hold more value.

Your decision is easier. You keep Fournette. Since you can only keep both for 1 season, you're better off with a top 10 player only with a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd than you are with a top 3 player and no 2nd round pick.