Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Chopped. Grill Masters

New season of 5 episodes starts tonight.

Alway watch to get tips on grilling.

I want to get a smoker.

• Like 1

Just a regular 4 burner gas. Nothing fancy.

I want to get rid of it. It has those stupid shields to prevent flare ups. Im going to put in a grate and get some lava rock. Like the old grill I used to have.

Some guys on the board are serious grillers.

my Weber never worked right from the beginning. I wonder how other gas grill compare since the high end one hasn't worked much better than the cheap one.

I have a smoker, but it is an electric one because I cant spend all weekend working it. It works well.

I have a Weber grill after having several different cheaper brands. So far, it has been great for 3 years.

I am actually watching this show right now

I just got a new Char-Boil, 4 burner.. Nothing fancy, only spent about $300 on sale. But it's really nice and the actual surface area gets upwards of 600*.

Just sold a Traeger that I had for $350 - looking at getting a new custom built smoker.

I have a smoker, but it is an electric one because I cant spend all weekend working it. It works well.

I have a Weber grill after having several different cheaper brands. So far, it has been great for 3 years.

I am actually watching this show right now

I liked it better when it was outside with actual grills

This is the baby I'm salivating over.. I'm about 2 hours away from this guy, said he'd deliver it, for full price - but I have to look at it first... Translation - I have to look at it yea, but put a partial payment too.

I'm thinking of heading down this weekend to take a look.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/for/d/dual-lid-custom-offset-smoker/6671686472.html

• Like 1

I just got a new Char-Boil, 4 burner.. Nothing fancy, only spent about $300 on sale. But it's really nice and the actual surface area gets upwards of 600*.

Just sold a Traeger that I had for $350 - looking at getting a new custom built smoker.

I'm looking for a cheaper than Weber grill. Is your charbroiled stainless steel? How are the grates made?

This is the baby I'm salivating over.. I'm about 2 hours away from this guy, said he'd deliver it, for full price - but I have to look at it first... Translation - I have to look at it yea, but put a partial payment too.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/for/d/dual-lid-custom-offset-smoker/6671686472.html

Very reasonably priced. Go for it. If you like to cook and entertain then don't hold back. YOLO

I'm looking for a cheaper than Weber grill. Is your charbroiled stainless steel? How are the grates made?

Grates are the only thing solid on it. My wife bought it at as a gift 4 years ago. From wal mart. That should explain everything lol.

Ive replaced thise dumb heat shields twice.

Grates are the only thing solid on it. My wife bought it at as a gift 4 years ago. From wal mart. That should explain everything lol.

Ive replaced thise dumb heat shields twice.

Eventually I want a built in gas grill piped into the propane tank for the stove in th kitchen.

I need something to carry me for a couple of years until I'm ready to splurge.

I use my gas grill the least of the three.

Strictly patio cooking?

Eventually I want a built in gas grill piped into the propane tank for the stove in th kitchen.

I need something to carry me for a couple of years until I'm ready to splurge.

Are you dead set on gas? If not then I would suggest the WSM 22.5

Strictly patio cooking?

Yea - I don't care to do comp cooking nor do I have the kind of truck to haul this around for events... Wish I did - but I don't want a $700 truck payment either. lol

I got this one.. I've only had it a month, but you can tell the grates are very solidly made. For the money, this grill has performed fantastic... I also have a Weber Kettle grill, so I don't solely rely on the Char Boil.

https://www.amazon.com/Char-Broil-Performance-4-Burner-Cabinet-Propane/dp/B01HID53H6

Yea - I don't care to do comp cooking nor do I have the kind of truck to haul this around for events... Wish I did - but I don't want a $700 truck payment either. lol

If you don't mind waiting for delivery these are the best in the business and A is a bit cheaper than the one you listed, B is more expensive but well worth the money

A. https://www.meadowcreekbbq.com/catalog/barbecue-smokers/sq36-offset-barbeque-smoker/

B. https://www.meadowcreekbbq.com/catalog/barbecue-smokers/ts70p-reverse-flow-barbecue-smoker/

If you don't mind waiting for delivery these are the best in the business and A is a bit cheaper than the one you listed, B is more expensive but well worth the money

A. https://www.meadowcreekbbq.com/catalog/barbecue-smokers/sq36-offset-barbeque-smoker/

B. https://www.meadowcreekbbq.com/catalog/barbecue-smokers/ts70p-reverse-flow-barbecue-smoker/

Wow, those are nice looking rigs for sure... Do you have any of these - pretty good at maintaining temp?

Wow, those are nice looking rigs for sure... Do you have any of these - pretty good at maintaining temp?

I had my rig custom built but many of the specs were from those rigs.

I have cooked on them many times and they are more than good at holding temps. One of the best things about them is they offer custom features for each model so that you can make what you want, they are pricey, but like I said they are far and away the best out there.

I was a phone call away from buying this several years ago when I was catering 3 weekends a month

https://www.meadowcreekbbq.com/catalog/barbecue-smokers/ts500-reverse-flow-smoker-trailer/#.W31yCU2Wzcs

But I got a lead on a boat trailer and an large stainless steel chamber that I could use to build the rig and my dad's metal shot did all the work for me so I got it done for material costs, 3700, so I couldn't pass it up, but I dream of that Meadow Creek rig every time I crank mine up

I had my rig custom built but many of the specs were from those rigs.

I have cooked on them many times and they are more than good at holding temps. One of the best things about them is they offer custom features for each model so that you can make what you want, they are pricey, but like I said they are far and away the best out there.

I was a phone call away from buying this several years ago when I was catering 3 weekends a month

https://www.meadowcreekbbq.com/catalog/barbecue-smokers/ts500-reverse-flow-smoker-trailer/#.W31yCU2Wzcs

But I got a lead on a boat trailer and an large stainless steel chamber that I could use to build the rig and my dad's metal shot did all the work for me so I got it done for material costs, 3700, so I couldn't pass it up, but I dream of that Meadow Creek rig every time I crank mine up

Wow

I recently bought a Weber grill and I have an LP smoker, but don't have a flat top. That things looks awesome. How do you like it?

Bring up a great point with flat tops...

I just wanna make hibachi japanese food lol

Weber genesis for quick stuff and a large big green egg for more involved preparations

I recently bought a Weber grill and I have an LP smoker, but don't have a flat top. That things looks awesome. How do you like it?

I bought a cast iron insert for my Weber. It covers half the cooking area and it awesome for smash burgers and breakfast cooks. Probably could have just put my cast iron pan on the grates, but whatever

I bought a cast iron insert for my Weber. It covers half the cooking area and it awesome for smash burgers and breakfast cooks. Probably could have just put my cast iron pan on the grates, but whatever

Hmm. The insert might be the way to go. Ive done the cast iron skillet on the Weber before, but its not quite the same as having all that cooking surface to work with.

Does the insert have any sort of grease collection so that the grease doesnt drip onto the flames below?

I made bacon wrapped shrimp on the grill recently and its always hard as hell to control the smoke and grease flare ups. I use a grilling sheet, but it doesnt help much.

I only grill over charcoal and smoke with wood/charcoal.

I think I can taste a difference, but it has been years since I have had a propane grill.

I am also shopping for a new grill, but I am picky on what I want. I may get a custom grill.

I prefer the charcoal/wood flavor, but dont love dealing with all the ashes.

Hmm. The insert might be the way to go. Ive done the cast iron skillet on the Weber before, but its not quite the same as having all that cooking surface to work with.

Does the insert have any sort of grease collection so that the grease doesnt drip onto the flames below?

I made bacon wrapped shrimp on the grill recently and its always hard as hell to control the smoke and grease flare ups. I use a grilling sheet, but it doesnt help much.

I use this for breakfast on my smokers

https://www.littlegriddle.com/products/sq-180-sizzle-q-stainless-steel-bbq-griddle

• Like 1

Bring up a great point with flat tops...

I just wanna make hibachi japanese food lol

We have a tendency to do that at 3 in the morning at the lake. :cheers:

I love it. Breakfast is as easy as can be and fast. Hibachi grill is a racist blast. Smash burgers and philly cheese steaks are great also. Highly recommend. I got mine on Prime day for $209. They are heavy as fock so they are not portable no matter what they tell you.