Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Stonewall

You usually seem pretty spot on with your breaks outs. I disagree on Collins on his actual takent, but he did very well last year regardless.

Who you got for me?

Thanks, Frozen. I started the thread about undervalued WR's, which I think you saw and posted in. Added Kumerow from GB later. I think a few of the guys on that list will break out. As far as QB's, and it's, admittedly, rare that a rook is really good, but I am all over Mayfield for zero cost, and have been telling anyone who will listen. I actually despised him in college, but think he has "it", and could win ff championships down the stretch this season, unless his coach stifles him. All in on Burton at TE. But, man, to be honest, RB's have been tougher to call this year.

However, I really like Lynch's situation this year.....new old-school head coach, decent offense, powerful o-line, and he came on late last year. Rarely do I predict old guys to breakout, but I believe all the pieces are in place and I am buying his stock everywhere I can, particularly in non-ppr (which I play in) at the current price. If the big kid outta Texas (Chris Warren III) makes the team, I will have him on waiver speed dial in case Lynch gets hurt. The kid is a plower.....like a younger Lynch.....custom fit for that o-line, has an NFL pedigree (dad was a pro bowler), was misused/underutilized in college, and can actually catch the ball pretty good.

Still love Collins and believe in his skill, but his price has risen substantially, and he has a lot of legitimate competition.

As far as rooks (besides Barkley), I am drafting Freeman as a breakout this year. Seems a custom fit for Denver, and Booker simply ain't the answer. I expect him to return fantastic value, and perhaps even be a top-10 FF RB if he can stay healthy and not get fumblitis..

The other guy that I believe in will need some breaks (perhaps literally) like Collins finally got, or even a new team to flourish.....is Joe Williams. Lotta things would have to go right, including his health and holding on to ball. Of course, I ain't drafting him since there is no need.....but will grab in a heartbeat if things change. That man is a football player.

In the end, it's all an educated/instinctive crapshoot. Good luck this year, bro.

I drafted Kumerow in the last round of my draft tonight.

What did your team end up looking like?

What did your team end up looking like?

This is not a shark league, and honestly I do poorly each year regardless. So I fully expect this team to die. Receivers may be a little weaker than I would like for a 10 team non ppr. 6 pt pass td. Kickers score more than the average kicker with 50 yard fgs worth 8 points. Bonus 3 points for td over 50. And we have limited roster moves. That's why benches are so big

Fournette

Barkley

Tyreek

Royce Freeman

Marquise Goodwin

Evan Engram

Jimmy G

Hyde

Nelson

Robert Woods

Mahomes

Baltimore kicker

OJ

James Connor

Pit D

Jake Kumerow

Keelan Cole

I would be happy with that team, esp the Rb corp which is rock solid. Lotta long-TD upside with those WR's too. And Tucker ain't just any ole kicker, esp with your scoring system.

All rides on Mahommes....who is an enigma to me.

I would be happy with that team, esp the Rb corp which is rock solid. Lotta long-TD upside with those WR's too. And Tucker ain't just any ole kicker, esp with your scoring system.

All rides on Mahommes....who is an enigma to me.

Enigma is a good word. I think he will be just that. Make some spectacular plays, and then make a throw right into a defender. I think it's a match made in heaven, him and Hill, especially in bonus td leagues. I am going to have a lot of fun rooting for Goodwin and Hill streaking down the sidelines for big tuddys.

I think Tucker returns to form and may be even better. I love that Flacco has a fire lit under his ass. The team will stall out in field goal range more often because of it.

I am over the moon with my rbs. Allen Robinson was there when I took Engram. I forsee a slow start for Robinson and think he is a perfect buy low candidate once the season gets a few games in

This is not a shark league, and honestly I do poorly each year regardless. So I fully expect this team to die. Receivers may be a little weaker than I would like for a 10 team non ppr. 6 pt pass td. Kickers score more than the average kicker with 50 yard fgs worth 8 points. Bonus 3 points for td over 50. And we have limited roster moves. That's why benches are so big

Fournette

Barkley

Tyreek

Royce Freeman

Marquise Goodwin

Evan Engram

Jimmy G

Hyde

Nelson

Robert Woods

Mahomes

Baltimore kicker

OJ

James Connor

Pit D

Jake Kumerow

Keelan Cole

6pt pass TD scares me with those QB's, but the bonus points should (hopefully) offset it with Mahomes. Otherwise I like the team a lot.

6pt pass TD scares me with those QB's, but the bonus points should (hopefully) offset it with Mahomes. Otherwise I like the team a lot.

Personally I LOVE Jimmy G this year and think he is a top 5 qb. I am surprised his draft stock hasn't risen with his ridiculously efficient pre season. There are no penalties for turn overs, so Mahomes throwing picks doesnt phase me in this league