Sign in to follow this  
montana

Jax WR?

With Lee going down, who is worthy of a roster spot?

Cole

Moncrief

Westbrook

I am banking on Keelan Cole. He was fantastic down the stretch last season and was already drawing praise in camp and was being labled as the #1 guy with Lee there. I was worried his ADP would rise after the Lee news but I was still able to get him late.

I was all in on Westbrook last year. Kept hoping he would blow up but it was Cole who made the splash. Now, with Lee out, I wouldn't be surprised if Westbrook is the standout player. Cole will still be the deep guy but I think we'll see Westbrook running precise short/medium routes and being Bortles' most trusted WR. The guy who moves the chains and keeps drives going. I'll be looking to grab him in the middle-late rounds as a WR3.

keep an eye on Moncrief

I like this, as I feel he would be the team's best red zone threat, that said, Bortles and Dede did some work at the end of last year

Personally, i'm on the Cole bandwagon. he was fire last year and was probably going to challenge for #1 WR option in Jax before Lee went down.

I like this, as I feel he would be the team's best red zone threat, that said, Bortles and Dede did some work at the end of last year

Not judging your statement, it I’m curious about it.

What makes you feel like Moncrief will be the Jags best red zone threat?

Again I’m just asking to see what I might not be seeing.

Thanks for the replay.

Always a pleasure.

I was all in on Westbrook last year. Kept hoping he would blow up but it was Cole who made the splash. Now, with Lee out, I wouldn't be surprised if Westbrook is the standout player. Cole will still be the deep guy but I think we'll see Westbrook running precise short/medium routes and being Bortles' most trusted WR. The guy who moves the chains and keeps drives going. I'll be looking to grab him in the middle-late rounds as a WR3.

Cole has never been "the deep guy". He ran a 4.6 40 at his pro day and took a majority of his snaps out of the slot.

Cole ended the year getting 9 (15), 13 (16) and 8 (17). Only Fitz had more targets over that 3 week period. During that period Dede 2, 7 and 9. His 9 target week 7 resulted in one catch for 9 yards. Dede really isn't a chain mover.

I would order them Cole, Westbrook, Moncrief, Chark.

Cole showed a lot last year and seems to be the reliable safety valve and possession guy. Westbrook is a super-SPARQ talent who is getting reps. Moncrief never really broke out despite several seasons with Andrew Luck, and is probably not someone I would roster. He does appear to be starting, so opinions may vary. Chark is a rookie who has talent but appears clearly at 4th in the pecking order for now.

Cole has never been "the deep guy". He ran a 4.6 40 at his pro day and took a majority of his snaps out of the slot.

Cole ended the year getting 9 (15), 13 (16) and 8 (17). Only Fitz had more targets over that 3 week period. During that period Dede 2, 7 and 9. His 9 target week 7 resulted in one catch for 9 yards. Dede really isn't a chain mover.

Thanks for straightening me out Bob. I guess I'm thinking of a different Keelan Cole who had back-to-back weeks (14 and 15) with TD catches over 70 yards.

Not judging your statement, it Im curious about it.

What makes you feel like Moncrief will be the Jags best red zone threat?

Again Im just asking to see what I might not be seeing.

Thanks for the replay.

Always a pleasure.

It might end up being nothing, but:

Moncrief is an inch taller with another 7/8" advantage in arm length. His vertical jump is also 40" which is five inches higher than either Westbrook or Cole, which is all huge when you think about catch radius. I'm not sure it will play out that way on the field, but his measurables are more impressive IMO.

My plan is to take whoever falls to me at he Mr. Irrelevant spot and hope for the best. I think Cole is the safest bet, but I just have a weird feeling about Moncrief

Cole hands down.

Moncrief is an inch taller with another 7/8" advantage in arm length. His vertical jump is also 40" which is five inches higher than either Westbrook or Cole, which is all huge when you think about catch radius. I'm not sure it will play out that way on the field, but his measurables are more impressive IMO.

My plan is to take whoever falls to me at he Mr. Irrelevant spot and hope for the best. I think Cole is the safest bet, but I just have a weird feeling about Moncrief

Tyreek Hill is 5'10"...i'm sure everyone will take Hill over the rest of the taller WR corp on the KC team.

Cole hands down.

Tyreek Hill is 5'10"...i'm sure everyone will take Hill over the rest of the taller WR corp on the KC team.

Of course you would, I'm just looking for any advantage in a potentially muddied WR situation. I think Cole is #1, but I think Moncrief could potentially have WR3 value if he can work himself onto the field more. It seems like Jacksonville always has a surprise WR breakthrough, and I'm wondering if Moncrief can be that guy

Yeah thanks appreciate that insite.

I was looking at Moncrief numbers with the Colts, and he did score a good amount of tds when he was of course healthy.

Moncrief showed some flashes of ability in preseason, no doubt his size & speed could make him a standout among Jag receivers...I would consider drafting him over the other Jacksonville receivers with the potential to be a decent Red Zone target...My hunch he is a possible breakout sleeper with a team that lacks a talented #1 wideout.....