Sign in to follow this  
joeH

Cobb on trade block - time for Allison?

From Rotoworld:

The Ringer's Mike Lombardi reiterated on his latest GM Street podcast that Randall Cobb is available for trade.

Lombardi was also well out in front of the Dolphins shopping Jarvis Landry. "Everybody in the league knows Randall Cobb is available," Lombardi said, adamantly. "All you gotta do is make the call." Lombardi did acknowledge that Cobb likely has no trade market, however. He is owed an $8.6 million salary and has chronic ankle problems. We can't say we'd be surprised if Cobb got cut.

This would elevate Allison to #2 on the depth chart. Better pickup compared to say Golladay?

I am not sure I believe this. A. Rogers was super pissedoff that they let nelson go. You think he is going to be happy to lose both nelson and cobb in the same year via the front office? B. No one is talking about him from the organization. Not about being traded. Not about being cut. No other team has openly expressed interest or checked in on him. It seems like something that has no substance. And it is really all coming from this one guy Lombardi.

I am not sure I believe this. A. Rogers was super pissedoff that they let nelson go. You think he is going to be happy to lose both nelson and cobb in the same year via the front office? B. No one is talking about him from the organization. Not about being traded. Not about being cut. No other team has openly expressed interest or checked in on him. It seems like something that has no substance. And it is really all coming from this one guy Lombardi.

I agree to an extend.

Perhaps getting rid of Cobb was part of the new contract for Rodgers...Aaron, if you want to be he highest paid QB in the league, we need cap space. You good with losing Cobb.

AR - Fock yes I am. Do you think I care about winning, or making as much money as I possibly can? I will give you a hint. I am no Tom Brady.

Packers gonna badly need a reliable possession wr to move the chains. All this news about Cobb makes me like Graham more.

I drafted Cobb and picked up Allison when this rumor first popped up last week. I figured I could hold both until cut down day and then decide what to do. Ideally from a fantasy point of view, Cobb gets released and Allison becomes James Jones V.2.0 and catches double digit TDs. Cobb then goes to a WR needy team like the Colts and has a great season.

Cobb is not worth the money he is being paid on his last year of his contract. But I couldnt imagine them cutting loose a vet WR. They need all the help they can get this year at reciever. Lots of youth an inexperience behind him.

I agree to an extend.

Perhaps getting rid of Cobb was part of the new contract for Rodgers...Aaron, if you want to be he highest paid QB in the league, we need cap space. You good with losing Cobb.

AR - Fock yes I am. Do you think I care about winning, or making as much money as I possibly can? I will give you a hint. I am no Tom Brady.

I thought the same thing and have been contemplating picking up Allison all week.

I'm not grabbing him unless Cobb is gone.

Then I have to decide if I want Austin ekeler or Allison over keeping Gore.

Problem is I've already got Evans and Amari Cooper. Crabtree and Corey Davis on the bench. Even if I added Allison how the heck would I even know when to play him?

I believe Cobb is being shipped around because the packers are seriously going after Mack. Most likely he will be released IF and only IF the packers make the Mack trade...It'll save 8 mill.

They'll have to offer a 1st, 3rd and the raiders will have to take one more piece from packers.

Packers WR Jake Kumerow (shoulder) remains sidelined.

Kumerow was looking like a sleeper to crack the Packers' 53-man roster but has been sidelined since the team's second preseason game on August 16. The fourth-year UDFA posted a 6/190/2 line through the Pack's first two exhibition tilts. The practice squad is looking like his most likely home. Aug 27 - 1:41 PM

Meanwhile...

The Green Bay Press-Gazette's Ryan Wood writes Geronimo Allison "has quietly established himself as the team’s No. 3 receiver."

"He is always in the right place," Wood continues, "and his combination of size (6-3) and sure hands make him a reliable target." With Randall Cobb out, Allison worked as the No. 2 in the preseason opener, well ahead of the trio of rookies seemingly drafted to replace him. In good shape to win the No. 3 job in an Aaron Rodgers offense, Allison is worth drafting in deeper formats. Aug 14 - 10:10 AM

You are talking about the wrong guy. Its kumerow who you want

Pick him up. Half your roster will turn over by the end of the year and we will know on Allison by the end of week 2. Definition of a good gamble.