Sign in to follow this  
Charger

best handcuffs for 2018

I have seen a couple of threads on sleeper RBs, but nothing specific for best handcuffs. Top5?

Thanks

Not really handcuffs but I like Gio, Corey Clement as guys that might be flexable right off the bat in any PPR format with potential for much more.

Not sure if he'll get the touches but Corey Grant Jags is an interesting player.

Thanks for the quick responses. If the starter goes down to injury, which backups are most likely to carry the full workload?

I'll throw out Breida... his value has been dropping since the shoulder injury, but he should be ready to go when the season starts. I'm also not a believer than mckinnon can handle a full workload..

Connor is my number one. If bell goes down he would be in line for massive touches. Also samuals to a lesser extent. It would take injuries to both bell and connor but samuals could win a league if he got the shot as lead rb with rb te designation.

Kelly. He has looked good and Gurly is a power back. Not saying he will get hurt but if he does man kelly looks the part to fill in.

Connor is my number one. If bell goes down he would be in line for massive touches. Also samuals to a lesser extent. It would take injuries to both bell and connor but samuals could win a league if he got the shot as lead rb with rb te designation.

If he's got the TE designation, he's a guy that of Bell went down, I'd pick up Samuels then just in case Connor gets hurt. A TE getting numerous carries, wow!

If he's got the TE designation, he's a guy that of Bell went down, I'd pick up Samuels then just in case Connor gets hurt. A TE getting numerous carries, wow!

right. Can you imagine that.

Side note: how viable is the "handcuff" concept nowadays, anyway? Seems like most situations are close to RBBC and should a clear 'starter' get hurt it would turn full-on committee...

Anyway, I'd throw Chris Warren's name out there -- I just don't see Lynch going down for any significant time, but if he does I think Warren takes his spot and runs with it (ha!) while Dougy's role doesn't change, really.

• Like 1

Yeldon is listed as the backup to Fournette

Alfred Morris now in SF muddies the water there.

I wouldnt forget about Sproles in Philly especially in return leagues

Conner, chase edmonds, ivory.

Thanks for the quick responses. If the starter goes down to injury, which backups are most likely to carry the full workload?

Edmonds

T Coleman

A Jones, if you own J Williams you need to pick him up.

C j Anderson, I think he will score more ff points then most do, expecally in a non ppr

Clement, if you own Ajayi, you better run out quickly and pick him up.

R Penny, maybe not a true handcuff, but he’s listed second on the rosters that’s I check out daily.

D Martin, I’m not a fan either, but I think he will be the one to own on the Raiders.

Powell, if you own Crowell I wouldn’t go out of my way to pick him up, but he’s worthy of a roster spot.

Great post, thanks OP.

What Jedi said... how deep are your rosters where you are in a position to play roulette and gamble on who’s going to get hurt?

All these names are great, but realistically where is the room on your bench? You’d have to avoid injuries, and early bye weeks to stash before the season even begins.

I agree about the room on the bench, but I like to save a roster spot for 1 of these guys. Admittedly I have an old school "you can never have enough RB depth" mindset.

Every draft goes a little different and you never know which one will be available late.

Drafted Gurley and picked up Kelly as his cuff. There are only a couple worth holding as they are in line for possibly 3 down work if the starter goes down. I would say Connor and Kelly are really the only two I can think of.... maybe Gio

I paired Hyde and Chubb in both my leagues.

With Duke in the mix I wouldn't bother cuffing Hyde

With Duke in the mix I wouldn't bother cuffing Hyde

Keeper leagues and late picks. If it doesn't pay off this year maybe next.

I'd say Yeldon and Ware would be up there. Also like ekeler but he almost has standalone value.

Many think Steelers Bell might be playing his final season in Pitt. involving contract hype & cap hit ...The assumption by several analysts, talented James Connor possible could replace Bell in 2019.....Expect Connor to cut into Bells workload in 2018 to showcase his ability possibly easing in as the next Steelers featured back 2019..........Connor is also a solid receiver and easily could be used as a 3-down back........My opinion, one of the top cuffs for 2018.....

I guess what im saying is he carries a lot of value as a non handcuff also

Last season Freeman have 2 concussions within a 12 month period. Another concussion early in the season and it could be a bad situation.

I guess what im saying is he carries a lot of value as a non handcuff also

I would agree.

When I listed him Im a little hesitant in doing so, because he does being some stand alone value, if that makes any since.

But if you draft a Falcons rb your going to take Freeman first, so if you own Freeman that would make Coleman a must pickup.

But I can in some situation you can even start both.

Thanks great point you had

That's why i think Coleman is the best handcuff/backup to own this season. He brings start-able value and with RB1 potential if Freeman is out...! The cost is a 4th - 6th round pick.

wouldnt the steelers run bell through a wall if they are not going to sign him

More important would be to see if his cuff {Connor} becomes the answer, as the next Steelers RB.. or.. do they need to find a back in 2019 draft........I think Connor will be involved often and early in the season.....

More important would be to see if his cuff {Connor} becomes the answer, as the next Steelers RB.. or.. do they need to find a back in 2019 draft........I think Connor will be involved often and early in the season.....

Probably Samuels as the back up for Bell.

Probably Samuels as the back up for Bell.

please will this to happen.

I normally go into drafts or FA to grab handcuffs in good offenses where I think the cuff is a lock to get a chance. Whether they be my handcuffs or someone elses. Depending upon the landscape, I have no problem rostering a couple guys if I think they will truly be the next up in a decent offense.

Side note: how viable is the "handcuff" concept nowadays, anyway? Seems like most situations are close to RBBC and should a clear 'starter' get hurt it would turn full-on committee...

Anyway, I'd throw Chris Warren's name out there -- I just don't see Lynch going down for any significant time, but if he does I think Warren takes his spot and runs with it (ha!) while Dougy's role doesn't change, really.

Put on IR... Due to have knee surgery

Conner

Ware

L. Murray

Eckler

Kelly

He's a must own cuff for Freeman owners.

He is not going at handcuff prices. So you better be ready to use both.