Sign in to follow this  
Apollo Creed

David Johnson- Bad Oline, Tough Sch, QB, Coach

Im moving im to the back end of the top 10 RBs in 2018. Will see alot of work and his touches should put him there but he wont be a Top 5 back

I have the 4th puck which I wanna put in the garbage disposal and it seems like Ill be in line for Zek, DJ or Kamara. Dont like either Dallas/Arz as teams, dallas oline is fallin apart, DJ schedule looks brutal. Im starting to lean towards Kamara 😳

Let someone else have him then. I don't remember people being worried about this with AP when he was in his prime. AZ oline is improved this year from what I have read. Their qb isn't that bad. Hes good enough to keep defenses honest. They have some quality receivers also. I think the talk about how bad AZ is on offense is being overstated. Pass on him at your own peril. I only wish someone in my league had

he's consistently going in the 3-5 range, and I'm totally comfortable paying that price for him if I have that pick. The only guys anyone even talks about being on par with him are Gurley and Bell. That's pretty elite company. He's such a good pass catching back that bad offensive line actually benefits that part of his game.

yeah.....but he's David Johnson.

This sums it up for me. The wrist injury was a fluke. He's going to tear it up.

Let someone else have him then. I don't remember people being worried about this with AP when he was in his prime. AZ oline is improved this year from what I have read. Their qb isn't that bad. Hes good enough to keep defenses honest. They have some quality receivers also. I think the talk about how bad AZ is on offense is being overstated. Pass on him at your own peril. I only wish someone in my league had

:thumbsup:

My biggest initial fear was Mike McCoy was going to stick with his tendency of not overloading his starting RB and giving more touches to Edmonds than most expected.

After reflecting a bit there earlier this month, there should be plenty of touches for DJ, plenty of targets for Fitz and 100 or so touches for Edmonds. The best thing: he's almost always good for 100 total yards. He should be a lock for 60-plus catches and is the GL back too. For what it is worth, the line blocked well for him this preseason.

Im moving im to the back end of the top 10 RBs in 2018. Will see alot of work and his touches should put him there but he wont be a Top 5 back

Agreed.

Had him 2nd on my board behind gurley. Should rebound big this yr. If you are drafting 4th or 5th and land him you should feel really good.

Got the 5th pick in my BIG MAIN league. I'd be happy with DJ or Brown...I think a little happier with DJ though. Brown will most likely be the one at that 5th spot though.

People have short memories. Johnson is the premier back in this league. Bell is in a better team situation if he plays, but there is no comparing Johnson's talent with any other back in the league.

• Like 1

Im with you. I think talent outweighs a lot and Sam Bradford when healthy is certainly more than adequate.

People have short memories. Johnson is the premier back in this league. Bell is in a better team situation if he plays, but there is no comparing Johnson's talent with any other back in the league.

I was wondering why people were down on him and I think this might be the top reason. He has been out for a year and people forgot how dominant he was.

Lack of a Qb poor Oline and I don’t see any help after old man L fits.

That has a lot to do with it.

But it’s not people are listing him as a rb2 or something.

I think his best value is middle rb1.

Thanks.

Lack of a Qb poor Oline and I dont see any help after old man L fits.

That has a lot to do with it.

But its not people are listing him as a rb2 or something.

I think his best value is middle rb1.

Thanks.

Love it. I wish I was in more leagues so I could take advantage of this thinking. After finishing as far and away the best rb two years ago, his best value is middle RB1. It doesn't make any sense weepaws. Wish you were in my league buddy

I do to.

This isnt two years ago.

Yeah I think he will finish in a non ppr as a middle rb1.

Right now I have him at number five.

Thanks for the replay.

I do to.

This isnt two years ago.

Yeah I think he will finish in a non ppr as a middle rb1.

Right now I have him at number five.

Thanks for the replay.

He's still the best rb in the league though. Like I said, people didn't do this with AP in his prime. Shouldnt do it with DJ either

He's still the best rb in the league though. Like I said, people didn't do this with AP in his prime. Shouldnt do it with DJ either

I wonder how good Walter Payton's QB and oline was?

if DJ and Chuck Norris arm wrestled.. DJ would break off Chucks arm and beat him to death with his own arm.. that's how good DJ is! draft him!

He’s a great player no question, the best, heck I don’t know.

Maybe.

He’s not my number one chice at rb in a non ppr this season.

He’s still going to be a rb1.

But not in the top four in my book.

Once again thanks for the replay.

You're comparing him to Walter Payton? :shocking:

Man you David Johnson fanboys are ridiculous!

You're comparing him to Walter Payton? :shocking:

Man you David Johnson fanboys are ridiculous!

Yep. At least Johnson has an NFL history. Can't wait to hear about your Barkley support.

And who are all the David Johnson "fanboys" you mention?

I have pick # 2 in my 12 team ppr draft on Tuesday. Assuming Gurley goes first I was planning on taking Bell up until now with the hold out. Taking DJ now.

Yep. At least Johnson has an NFL history. Can't wait to hear about your Barkley support.

And who are all the David Johnson "fanboys" you mention?

Barkley? Certainly no fan of his, I hate the Giants.

I have hardly ever mentioned him in a post, lol

DJ has a history alright, been in the league 3 years and been effective about 1 and a half

Solid RB1 but there are a few others I would choose before him for the exact reasons in the title and I would add coming off serious injury

There are certainly a couple of fanboys of his on here but I'll leave it at that

Palmer wasnt that good at that stage of his career last couple seasons. A mediocre Bradford is just as good or better. Even when he gets hurt and Rosen steps in, it cant be that much worse. The offense isnt much different as it was going to be last season when DJ was consensus no.1. They have decent young talent next to Fitz who is still good. I believe its an out of sight, out of mind situation. We didnt watch DJ play last year so people are scrambling for excuses to downgrade him.

Hes draftable anywhere from 1-4.

I have him at 5.

Or Barry Sanders

Palmer wasnt that good at that stage of his career last couple seasons. A mediocre Bradford is just as good or better. Even when he gets hurt and Rosen steps in, it cant be that much worse. The offense isnt much different as it was going to be last season when DJ was consensus no.1. They have decent young talent next to Fitz who is still good. I believe its an out of sight, out of mind situation. We didnt watch DJ play last year so people are scrambling for excuses to downgrade him.

Hes draftable anywhere from 1-4.

I disagree. Palmer is a tier better than Bradford. We are talking about Samuel Bradford right?

Its a significant downgrade. And I had DJ his magical season. I passed on him this year in favor of Bell.

I disagree. Palmer is a tier better than Bradford. We are talking about Samuel Bradford right?

Its a significant downgrade. And I had DJ his magical season. I passed on him this year in favor of Bell.

I'm sure the person after you appreciated you making the wrong decision. One that was pretty obvious

I'm sure the person after you appreciated you making the wrong decision. One that was pretty obvious

You’re probably right. Nobody wants Bell. He sucks.

Barkley? Certainly no fan of his, I hate the Giants.

I have hardly ever mentioned him in a post, lol

DJ has a history alright, been in the league 3 years and been effective about 1 and a half

Solid RB1 but there are a few others I would choose before him for the exact reasons in the title and I would add coming off serious injury

There are certainly a couple of fanboys of his on here but I'll leave it at that

One half of a year he doesn't start until injury befalls the lead back in Arizona, then he takes over the league. Then last year a wrist injury keeps him out for the year.

And now we still have folks here that say Johnson was only good for 1.5 of his first 3 years, which implies he was bad for 50% of his time in the league.

Wow. I guess the polesitter will never draft anyone who has had an injury or didn't start as a rookie in game 1. Good for you pole dude.

One half of a year he doesn't start until injury befalls the lead back in Arizona, then he takes over the league. Then last year a wrist injury keeps him out for the year.

And now we still have folks here that say Johnson was only good for 1.5 of his first 3 years, which implies he was bad for 50% of his time in the league.

Wow. I guess the polesitter will never draft anyone who has had an injury or didn't start as a rookie in game 1. Good for you pole dude.

I just don't compare a guy who has been injured or ineffective half of his short career with Walter Payton, that's all

I just don't compare a guy who has been injured or ineffective half of his short career with Walter Payton, that's all

Ineffective half his career? Dude was absolutely boss that rookie year when they actually played him and followed it up with a godlike season. Then got hurt the next year. Your points are perfectly fine except the ineffective part. When hes been on the field, hes been the top player in fantasy. Hes back now and the injury was a fluke wrist, not a knee or ankle so theres no cause for concern there.

Thats a ridiculous comment.