Sign in to follow this  
justforbeer

Le’Veon Bell - The hold out continues!

I have conor and samuals. My head is spinning with the opportunity they could afford me

I have Bell in one league now, the only reason I took him is because he is my favorite player and between my other leagues I have stock in the other top 3 rbs. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't getting nervous, but at least I grabbed James Conner!

Trade value for a 27 year old running back that's looking to get pay 20 mil a year isn't very good.

for a win now team bell could be the missing piece

They can't unless he signs

Really? I thought they own him under the tag. Why couldn't they trade him? He is not a free agent.

I would be stunned if they trade him. This might be their last window with BenBrownBell.

I would be stunned if they trade him. This might be their last window with BenBrownBell.

Me too. That's why I am surprised that Bell doesn't want to take his $14 million and run (literally :)) He may never have a better chance to win a superbowl. Unless he has blown his millions that he already made, which would not mark a precedence, why wouldn't he take another 14 mil and work to achieve championship? But, I'm sure he has his reasons.

Really? I thought they own him under the tag. Why couldn't they trade him? He is not a free agent.

Steelers don't own anything until he signs. He currently has no contract, but is not a free agent because the Steelers placed the Franchise tag on him. They cannot trade him unless he signs, and no team is going to trade for an RB that hasn't practiced this season, have no idea what shape he's in, and wants upwards of 17 million per year. I believe the trade deadline this year is the 8th week of the season (could be wrong on that). I believe he has to sign by Nov 13 to get credit for an "entire" season.

Agree.

Brown might have peaked a few years back. His numbers been down 3 straight year.

Ben isn't getting any younger.

Steelers don't own anything until he signs. He currently has no contract, but is not a free agent because the Steelers placed the Franchise tag on him. They cannot trade him unless he signs, and no team is going to trade for an RB that hasn't practiced this season, have no idea what shape he's in, and wants upwards of 17 million per year. I believe the trade deadline this year is the 8th week of the season (could be wrong on that). I believe he has to sign by Nov 13 to get credit for an "entire" season.

Wasn't Matt Cassel Franchised by NE and then traded to the Chiefs? And Jared Allen traded to the Vikings? I'm not asking if any team would want him, although I have a feeling that at least one team of the remaining 31 in the NFL would "kick the tires" on an underachiever like LeVeon Bell. I'm just saying, if a team wanted to trade for him, you are saying that it can't happen. I don't think that is true given historical examples.

*If* Bell were to be traded - the other team would need to nail down his next contract, FIRST. No way a team is going trade for a player not under contract, give up compensation, and then not have that player actually play.

*If* Bell were to be traded - the other team would need to nail down his next contract, FIRST. No way a team is going trade for a player not under contract, give up compensation, and then not have that player actually play.

Well the Bears just traded for a holdout. Why is this crazy that another team can do it for Bell? So what if they need to get a contract? He is not a free agent. IT'S STILL A TRADE.

Wednesday morning......on the horizon.

Signs and practices in the same day? I dont know about that.

Even if he does show, how can the Steelers even consider playing him four days before their game? Thats just stupid.

It is Wednesday and guess what?

Bell is a no show. Let the media circus begin.

But but RapSheet said he was going to show up two days ago? This is going to go on for some time.

Players have until 4 pm Saturday to show up to be able to play on Sunday. For what its worth.

Trying to cover their ass and make it sound like they know anything at all.

It's all up to Bell. He can show up Saturday and get paid. If he doesn't show up by Saturday, I think he is in this for the long haul.

And if Bell cares only about the money, just play for the $14 million. That gives him nearly $30 million on his career to date. Then retire or see what you get after that. Because this year is obviously not about winning a championship ring for him.

Greed.

It is one of the worst things in our world.

It causes so much pain and damage for what? More money? Bell is so focused on money being what makes him happy.

If he makes $30 mil, is that not enough? No, gimme more!

Risk it and you should be well aware you may face the consequences of your decision. Most of the time people never think of this.

I think Bell has lost his mind if he does not show for games..... as there’s even a chance he gets nothing. Of course he will never consider that factor.

Greed.

It causes so much pain and damage for what? More money? Bell is so focused on money being what makes him happy.

Risk it and you should be well aware you may face the consequences of your decision. Most of the time people never think of this.

I think Bell has lost his mind if he does not show for games..... as theres even a chance he gets nothing. Of course he will never consider that factor.

It's relative. Bell makes a pittance compared to the owners. He is the one with the skill and the one who will be in pain after his short window for earning at his profession is over. I will never fault a player for getting his when the owners are all billionaires

• Like 1

Greed.

I think Bell has lost his mind if he does not show for games..... as there’s even a chance he gets nothing. Of course he will never consider that factor.

You’ve got it backwards. The greed is coming from the franchise.

There is no greed, just business.

Bell wants to get paid.

Steelers want an elite back without needing to commit long term.

It's just business as usual.

• Like 1

Bell sitting out 10 games under advice from Harrison.

Franchise tag is the dumbest thing ever. How did that players union agree to that. Free agency isnt free for the top players. Teams keep players at a bargain price.

So this begs the question. Could the Steelers rescind the franchise tag offer? If Bell were to wait until week 10, could they out of spite, just pull the franchise offer off the table? So he loses his one year and gets paid nothing?

So this begs the question. Could the Steelers rescind the franchise tag offer? If Bell were to wait until week 10, could they out of spite, just pull the franchise offer off the table? So he loses his one year and gets paid nothing?

I believe they could, but then he becomes just a FA

I believe they could, but then he becomes just a FA

yeah, but i think that happens around the same time as the trade deadline, at which point i think FA moves are prohibited. Also just read something about the Steelers possibly being able to use a roster exemption for him, which would mean they don't have to pay him while he's on it. Not sure, still trying to decipher.

yeah, but i think that happens around the same time as the trade deadline, at which point i think FA moves are prohibited. Also just read something about the Steelers possibly being able to use a roster exemption for him, which would mean they don't have to pay him while he's on it. Not sure, still trying to decipher.

Teams sign free agents all the time later in the season. It's how they keep their roster full when injuries happen

Ok.. would you drop marlon mack for jaylen samuels? I have Bell and conner already. My other RBs are Mark Ingram, Royce Freeman, and Jamaal Williams

he has to be signed to use the roster exemption.

Teams sign free agents all the time later in the season. It's how they keep their roster full when injuries happen

Yeah, the last time I remember this happening was Vincent Jackson, who waited until Week 10 to report. Interestingly, that situation brings up an aside for the Bell fiasco.

That 10 week hold out meant Jackson made less than $600k for that season. The next season, the Chargers hit him with the franchise tag again, but this time it was computed at 110% of his previous salary, which was less than $600k. I'm wondering if this would apply to Bell as well. The Steelers would only owe him 144% of what he actually makes this year, meaning they could conceivably (under that rule if it still exists) tender him again next year at less than 7.5 million. :dunno:

he has to be signed to use the roster exemption.

They didn't with Vincent Jackson if I remember.

Ok.. would you drop marlon mack for jaylen samuels? I have Bell and conner already. My other RBs are Mark Ingram, Royce Freeman, and Jamaal Williams

That's a tough one. Mack should be in line for being the primary guy at some point (one would hope) when he's healthy. I'd rather have a starting RB than what amounts to a backup's backup. But it depends on how close Mack is to returning, I guess.