Sign in to follow this  
justforbeer

Le’Veon Bell - The hold out continues!

That's a tough one. Mack should be in line for being the primary guy at some point (one would hope) when he's healthy. I'd rather have a starting RB than what amounts to a backup's backup. But it depends on how close Mack is to returning, I guess.

Definitely a tough decision.. thank you for your input

Adam Schefter Retweeted

Field YatesVerified account[/size] @FieldYates 44m44 minutes ago

More

Le'Veon Bell's agent Adisa Bakari just now on NFL LIVE: "He's going to do the things necessary to protect his value long-term." Week 1 sure sounds like a long-shot.

Whole season sounds like a long shot if you talking extracting 1st round value from him.

I heard the sound from the lawyer on NFL radio like 3 times now. The more I hear him him talk, the more I think Bell uses Kramer's lawyer.

Also the more I hear the more I think that guy and Bell are unfair asses. What did the Steelers and the fans do wrong to deserve being crapped on by these guys? He should the blame players association if doesn't like things. He would get $14.5 million for God's sake. It's not like he's getting franchised for 50k.

I don't know if he is a bad guy personally or not, so I wouldn't wish injury on the dude, but if he holds out 10 games or whatever, and gets a serious injury, I won't be feeling bad him.

HOLY SH!T...the Steelers offensive line, pretty much the WHOLE line, just ripped Le'Veon a new one. Foster, Pounce, DeCastro all voiced displeasure at Bell and his handling.

"Either you are on the bus with us, or you aren't".

We thought he'd be here..."he fvcked us!"

:shocking:

This isn't going to work out well for Bell.

HOLY SH!T...the Steelers offensive line, pretty much the WHOLE line, just ripped Le'Veon a new one. Foster, Pounce, DeCastro all voiced displeasure at Bell and his handling.

Who was it Foster or one of the others that said "Bell makes seven times more than I do, twice as much more than Ponce, and we are the guys doing all the work for him to get his numbers." I forgot which one of them, but wow, they are not happy.

Ben stated the oline is more important than any skill position player including himself.

Yuuus!!!

Yuuus!!!

They said they all held off on comment in the hopes he would show today. That's a group of VERY big men I don't think I'd want pissed at me the way they appear to be with him.

I'd love to see Conner go for 120 yds rushing and like 5/60 yds receiving with a couple of touchdowns sprinkled in...then have the Steelers rescind the offer.

This could be the most interesting soap-opera in years. In the end I predict Bell signs with New England for chump change just to beat the Steelers (ala James Harrison) and completely burns his legacy in the Burgh.

Who was it Foster or one of the others that said "Bell makes seven times more than I do, twice as much more than Ponce, and we are the guys doing all the work for him to get his numbers." I forgot which one of them, but wow, they are not happy.

Ben stated the oline is more important than any skill position player including himself.

Lol. Doing all the work. Pretty sure Bell is doing elite level work and taking work hits. Haha.

If they lose him to FA they get a compensatory pick. I'd be burning up the phone lines trying to find a trade partner that would give him the contract he wants or close to it for a 1st rounder?

It was Foster, talking about him and Villanueva. The "he fvcked us" quote hasn't been attributed to any player yet.

Pitt should seek trades but I don't thinkthey would get what they would want back.

Anything would be better than what Bell is going to give them this season. I could see that scoring a 1st and a 2nd.

if he fell to me at 11 (14 team, ppr, non keeper, draft is friday, scheduling issues) do i roll the dice and come back with Jordan Howard?

if he fell to me at 11 (14 team, ppr, non keeper, draft is friday, scheduling issues) do i roll the dice and come back with Jordan Howard?

That's Fournette, Gordon, Hunt territory. How much PPG do you expect him to exceed them after he comes back?

I may grab him after Gordon

I hope this unites the players...I'd love to see FULB stickers on the helmets! Go out and freaking CLEAR THE ROADS for Conner and make that greedy b@stard irrelevant!

:overhead:

Definitely a tough decision.. thank you for your input

Not sure if this matters, but I was just reading that the depth chart may be Conner, Stevan Ridley, then Samuels. That would lower the value of Samuels at least for now.

I hope this unites the players...I'd love to see FULB stickers on the helmets! Go out and freaking CLEAR THE ROADS for Conner and make that greedy b@stard irrelevant!

:overhead:

Actually Foster also said: "This the ultimate team sport, and we've turned it into a league of individuals."

A lot of players still think like that.

Anything would be better than what Bell is going to give them this season. I could see that scoring a 1st and a 2nd.

I'm with you this. Chop-chop Pittsburgh...

Lol. Doing all the work. Pretty sure Bell is doing elite level work and taking work hits. Haha.

So your point is that Bell would have put up the same stats as a NY Jet or Cleveland Brown over the past 5 years? Just to help you here, the answer is 'no'.

I don't deny he's great, but so is Antonio Brown, and take a look at what he produced when Ben went down. Don't be naive man.

So, is this pushback from this many teammates about a holdout unprecedented?

I can't remember anything so organized or just free speech against a hold out player by actual teammates talking to the media to this degree.

So your point is that Bell would have put up the same stats as a NY Jet or Cleveland Brown over the past 5 years? Just to help you here, the answer is 'no'.

I don't deny he's great, but so is Antonio Brown, and take a look at what he produced when Ben went down. Don't be naive man.

No. That wasnt my point. Point is hes still doing work. But nice tangent.

So, is this pushback from this many teammates about a holdout unprecedented?

I can't remember anything so organized or just free speech against a hold out player by actual teammates talking to the media to this degree.

They bought the release by the cheap ass steelers about the contract. Truth is that when they guarantee none of it they plan to cut his ass in a season or 2.

Morons. Get that money Leveon

They bought the release by the cheap ass steelers about the contract. Truth is that when they guarantee none of it they plan to cut his ass in a season or 2.

Morons. Get that money Leveon

Get that money for sure, the players understand that, but now it’s affecting them on game day. Guys making pennies compared to Bell are fighting for recognition, stats, accolades, the things that can strengthen negotiations come contract time. Their best player not wanting to play causes a ripple effect for many players and coaches.

No. That wasnt my point. Point is hes still doing work. But nice tangent.

It's what you implied. And all RBs do work. And many carry the ball a lot, and catch the ball a lot, and don't get the luxury to stand behind a stellar line for 3 seconds before they make their cuts. Have you not watched Pittsburgh's offense at all? Also, not only do they have a stellar oline, they have a very good foundation QB, a HOF to-be WR, and have been a very good defensive team with steady offensive and defensive systems and a very good head coach that has been around for a while..

Bell has been great, but he is the Emmitt Smith of the 2010's. Yellow brick road to the HOF until now.

Get that money for sure, the players understand that, but now it’s affecting them on game day. Guys making pennies compared to Bell are fighting for recognition, stats, accolades, the things that can strengthen negotiations come contract time. Their best player not wanting to play causes a ripple effect for many players and coaches.

True it is impacting them, however, the blame seems misplaced when it should be at the organization.

Or is it that Bell is a and terrible teammate?

https://youtu.be/xGG2pNszFyY

True it is impacting them, however, the blame seems misplaced when it should be at the organization.

Or is it that Bell is a ###### and terrible teammate?

Why do you blame the organization? 14.5 million for an RB is crazy money.

Why do you blame the organization? 14.5 million for a RB is crazy money.

They want to guarantee none of it is the problem. The Steelers are actually known for being the worst in terms of this.

Gurley has $45mil guaranteed, they want to give him $10mil. Essentially that tells me they will cut his ass next season or the one after.

I do not think he should get Gurley level guarantee because he is older, but more than what they are trying to give him. They should offer him less money but more guaranteed.

They want to guarantee none of it is the problem. The Steelers are actually known for being the worst in terms of this.

Gurley has $45mil guaranteed, they want to give him $10mil. Essentially that tells me they will cut his ass next season or the one after.

I do not think he should get Gurley level guarantee because he is older, but more than what they are trying to give him. They should offer him less money but more guaranteed.

Thing is, they don't want to offer him that much and I bet a whole bunch of other teams would feel the same way. If you want to argue that players should be paid for what they have done in the past, so be it, that's a different structure. Create a new thread for collective bargaining agreements. Look at the state of older folks in the USA and around the world not getting paid for what they achieved in the past. It's not just football.

Or is it that Bell is a ###### and terrible teammate?

I agree, but its hard for them like he said making 7 times less to relate and empathize. They want to, and when its not game time they do. But when its time to play ball, the guys battling dont want to hear about the business stuff.

I'm honestly surprised anyone who isn't independently wealthy would fault Bell for this. It's no different from any other organization: people want more money when they feel like they contribute a lot. Would anyone argue Bell doesn't contribute? Is he asking for money beyond what the organization can provide?

Pitt doesn't want to pay him and he's using the only leverage he has. Good for him.

I think most of us side with Bell on the business side. He has short window to cash in and is a top talent. He deserves the guaranteed money.

I'm honestly surprised anyone who isn't independently wealthy would fault Bell for this. It's no different from any other organization: people want more money when they feel like they contribute a lot. Would anyone argue Bell doesn't contribute? Is he asking for money beyond what the organization can provide?

Pitt doesn't want to pay him and he's using the only leverage he has. Good for him.

Same on the other side of the coin. They don't want to pay him. Good for them. But in his world of wanting more, he is making enemies of guys he is probably close to. If he doesn't care, well he is only gaining time not on the field for multiple millions at his cost. $855 thousand a week. If he gets injured week 12, his teammates still hate him and he lost a lot of money. All for the love of money. Ironic.

I think most of us side with Bell on the business side. He has short window to cash in and is a top talent. He deserves the guaranteed money.

How much? And players only deserve what the team thinks he will be worth for the next 4 years. Is this not how things work for all of us all?

If he worked for 95% of other teams he may get a bigger guarantee.

That being said I think he should take this 1 year and sign elsewhere next to maximize his earnings.

Its a risk but I think he will win it