Sign in to follow this  
justforbeer

Le’Veon Bell - The hold out continues!

He has accrued 5 seasons already. A player is only allowed to be tagged three times in his career.

Ok so they transition tag him and then they get a draft pick when someone signs him.

He has accrued 5 seasons already. A player is only allowed to be tagged three times in his career.

he's only been tagged twice so they could do it again next year. But the franchise tag is cost prohibitive, especially if he qualifies for the "QB" tag...that's like $25 million. The transition tag could be used but there are drawbacks, the compensatory pick is lower and it's BAD business from the perspective of other FA the Steelers might want down the road. The Steelers need to loosen up and put more guaranteed money on the table but they think, like the patriots, that their system is better than others and the best way is to build thru the draft.

Ok so they transition tag him and then they get a draft pick when someone signs him.

So why does this season count as a franchise tag year when he didn't even show up?

I thought I read that if the Transition Tag him, they get a chance to match any offer. But if he leaves as an out and out free agent, they could get as high as a 3rd round compensatory pick. But I've ready so many contradicting things where he is concerned that I can't swear what I read was correct info.

So why does this season count as a franchise tag year when he didn't even show up?

Because that's the language in the CBA? "...any Club that designates a Franchise Player shall be the only Club with which such Franchise Player may negotiate or sign a Player Contract during the period the player is so designated, notwithstanding the number of his Accrued Seasons."

The tag relates to the right to offer a contract to a player. The team applying a tag on a player means only they can offer him a contract; whether the player signs the contract is a separate matter.

I thought I read that if the Transition Tag him, they get a chance to match any offer. But if he leaves as an out and out free agent, they could get as high as a 3rd round compensatory pick. But I've ready so many contradicting things where he is concerned that I can't swear what I read was correct info.

I thought the compensatory pick was lower with a transition tag, but apparently you don't get one at all. Because you have the option to match, if you chose not to, then you forfeit the compensatory pick. It's for that reason that the Steelers will likely let him go walk.

But, on the positive side, the Steelers should get a nice haul with a 1st, 2nd and potentially 3 3rd round picks this year (theirs, Raiders for Bryant and Bell as a compensatory).

So wth Conner on your team, did you make the playoffs?

I did, but now he’s hurt and so is my other running back Gordon. Damn.....

So wth Conner on your team, did you make the playoffs?

I did, but now he’s hurt and so is my other running back Gordon. Damn.....

I got Conner in every league. He hasn't been all that lately, but still very workable for an RB2. Now in one league where i was top seed, highest scorer, etc, I'm in the same boat...lost him and Gordon. Rosters locked at the start of the monday night game last week, so what i have for the playoffs is what I have. Hoping i can survive one week with a single back of Chubb (we can do 2 rb/2 wr or 1 rb/3 wr) but my WR's aren't all that strong. Feels so weird that a team powered by Gordon and Conner all season now has to rely on Chubb\Amari Cooper\Stefon Diggs (hurt) and Adam Freaking Humphries to win 1 game. sucks...

I made the playoffs in my keeper league but without Hunt, Gordon, and Conner things are looking sketchy.

Also I think now that the Chiefs have waived Hunt they should sign Bell for next year. Mahomes, Bell, Hill, Kelce. Wheee.

I made the playoffs in my keeper league but without Hunt, Gordon, and Conner things are looking sketchy.

Also I think now that the Chiefs have waived Hunt they should sign Bell for next year. Mahomes, Bell, Hill, Kelce. Wheee.

Scary part is they might be able to. Mahomes and Hill are still on rookie deals, giving them a HUGE advantage over teams paying elite players at elite salaries.