Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Jerick McKinnon injury

From Ian Rapoport...

#49ers RB Jerick McKinnon suffered what appeared to be a concerning injury during team workout today, sources tell @MikeGarafolo and me. Not good.

From SF beat writer Matt Barrows...

No details from the team yet but source said injury "did not look good." If McKinnon can't play vs. Vikings, Matt Breida, Alfred Morris obviously would have bigger roles. Kyle Shanahan to have cut-down con call at 1:05 p.m.

Shocker!

Breida and Morris can both have value but I prefer Breida who was winning the lion's share role of carries at camp over McKinnon anyway following camp reports.

We will see what happens but there was and probably still is tremendous value on the depth chart below Jerick Mcfragile

Fire up breida or morris!

Yeah, but that's the whole problem....which one?

Morris has shown what he can do. Breida is the answer I think.

If somebody asks do I want Breida or Morris why can't the answer be yes?

If you had Brieda already, why not pickup Morris and see how it plays out?

Its possible both are actually on the WW in some leagues, pick up both.

I fully understand one would prefer to make a call and use only one roster slot but the potential reward outweighs the risk of the extra slot if it ups the certainty. True you can't have a whole roster full of maybe's, but there is a very good chance one of these will be a RB2 for the cost of an extra slot when many of your league mates spent a 4-5th round pick for similar production.

Gun to head in PPR, no question........ Breida for me, toss up on which in standard but both IS THE answer IMO.

I was debating drafting Breida anyway. I logged in today to find that someone else picked up Morris....soooo...I dropped D'Onta Foreman (6-week PUP)and grabbed Breida.

• Like 1

Picked up Breida in 2 leagues where he was available.

Too bad he had the lowest catch rate among NFL RB's last season (58%). Not good for a guy that is 5' 9" tall and 190 lbs

Damn...knew I shouldn't have drafter McKinnon...know I have to debate dropping Jordan Wilkins for Breida....which is a crapshoot

Picked up Breida in 2 leagues where he was available.

Too bad he had the lowest catch rate among NFL RB's last season (58%). Not good for a guy that is 5' 9" tall and 190 lbs

Why pick him up then?

Why pick him up then?

Flyer....what else? That's what we do.

Flyer....what else? That's what we do.

OK, but you will have to hope the SF QB-ing, which was horrid for much of the season, gets better this year

You will have to hope Breida who made the jump from small school to NFL playing time last year while beating out organization hyped Joe Williams continued to improve during the off season by working hard

And you will have to hope the training camp reports which had him running better and holding his own vs McKnnon in the passing game turn out to be correct.

Seems like you should leave him for the rest of us..............LOL

https://twitter.com/rickyhelton1/status/1023732979594551297

Morris will be 1st and 2nd down, between the tackles GL back

Breida at 190 lbs is the 3rd down passing back with occasional GL carries since Morris stunk in converting last yr in Dallas. Here's hoping Breida's hands have improved from last year.

I went Breida since I'm in a PPR league but gut feeling is RBBC

Not hot on either Morris or Breida,, keep watch on possible free agent cut like Saints Johnatan Williams or another player released that could easily overtake these two in the lineup...190lb Breida I doubt would be used as a 3-down back, Morris, though a plodder had a 4.8 rushing avg. in 2017 behind a stellar Dallas O-Line....If I had to pick it would be Morris since he will be the goal-line back...

Anyone think they might grab a guy like Gillislee? I could drop Corey Clement and hope for the winning lotto ticket.

Just updated my projections/rankings for SF. Full update for all roster cuts coming tomorrow night....

RB Jerick McKinnon - down. Will drop him out of projections once diagnosis is confirmed.

RB Matt Breida - up. Expect him to split time with Alfred Morris. No.40 in Non-PPR.

RB Alfred Morris - up. More valuable in Non-PPR leagues (No.36). Will SF sign another RB?

SF WRs - Slight bump for Goodwin, Garcon and Taylor.

• Like 1

Wow, just the other night at the draft with all these great players on the board mid 3rd round... I say I will take McKinnon

• Like 1

Seems easy enough:

Morris - non-flashy reliability

Breida - upside

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport confirms Jerick McKinnon will miss the rest of the season with a torn ACL. Guess its official get well jerrick, thanks for the help last year...

Would you drop Aaron Jones for Morris in a standard league?

I am in the same situation right now. I am thinking so as the Packers just dont get a lot of rushing TDs. Rodgers throws at the goal line 1st and 5. Plus Aaron jones is suspended 2 games so hopefully the situation works itself out week 1 and if Morris isnt the guy you can still go get Aaron Jones on waivers before he is ready to play week 3.

Picked him up and got an offer of a 2019 2nd for him from McKinnon owner.

PPR

Other rbs-Kamara, Burkhead-Michel-Hill, Peyton Barber, Corey Clement, Gio Bernard, Adrian Peterson, Corey Grant, Chris Warren

Well time to drop him. I have Brieda & Barber on the wire. Which should I grab?

Barber is the more for sure bet to start the season I think. Ronald Jones looks like poo.

Let's get the Breida train rolling down the track! Warrick Dunn size and shift:

• Like 1

Solid. That gave me some hope that this guy is the new Freeman this year. Got him in the 16th round. What a treat that would be.

Yes Sir! Engine room, more steam!

https://3sigmaathlete.com/archive/2017s/rb/

Top RB in Sparq rank of the 2017 class ahead of Aaron Jones who was the 3rd most athletic and Alvin Kamara who was the 4th.

Also, I don't want to refute anything that someone else here said and not show evidence but I personally sincerely doubt Breida is at 190 lbs now a full year into professional training having come from a small school where he was 195 at the time of testing that produced this score.

I understand where people got that weight as he is listed at NFL.com and other places at that number but I'm skeptical it isn't higher now

• Like 1

Top RB in Sparq rank of the 2017 class ahead of Aaron Jones who was the 3rd most athletic and Alvin Kamara who was the 4th.

Kareem Hunt was 64th, Cohen 107th, Fournette 98th and Dalvin Cook 125th

:shocking:

Kareem Hunt was 64th

:shocking:

From ChiefsWire - Wesley Roesch

"The Chiefs have been fortunate to have the best tackle-breaker in the league with running back Kareem Hunt.

Hunt’s running style — a healthy mix of power and insane balance — has allowed him to be the NFL’s top tackle-breaking running back in 2017. He forced 61 missed tackles as a rusher and 16 as a receiver, giving him 77 total this season. That’s nine more than Chargers RB Melvin Gordon who is second."