Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

When do you "trust" a guy?

Was just sitting here looking at my roster tonight...

Rbs: fournette, Howard, marshawn, Hyde, Alf.

Wrs: Evans, Cooper, Crabtree, Corey Davis.

So my question is especially with a couple guys like Crabtree and Corey Davis and maybe even Alfred and Carlos Hyde how do you judge on YOUR roster when to trust them in your lineup? Do you typically go by matchup? Or by number games in a row with good production?

Necessity is the mother of invention

Usually more questionable players get in the starting line up because there is no other choice. If then they have a good game out of nowhere, they can get a bit of favoritism in the future.

There is a psychological process to choosing. Anybody that tries to deny that at least a little is probably lying.

If not I will go with the hot hand and when that fails or nobody or multiple people are on a roll, I go with match up

You immerse yourself in each situation and walk through all the factors. The relative weights you give those factors and the way they chain themselves together to help you to arrive at a decision are going to be slightly different for each new dilemma you face,

A golfer is never going to encounter the same exact recipe of inputs as he prepares to make an approach shot. Sometimes wind may not be a factor at all. Other times the firmness of the greens will override everything else. But with all that experience they usually do a pretty fair job of figuring how much ooomph to put into a particular shot.

To start the season I always start the players I drafted as starters first week.

Then I evaluate from there on out, who has the hot hand, how the team is playing. , if it’s a wr how his is Qb playing.

And of course there is always matchups, which is usually the trump card.

And almost never make any ww moves for the first three weeks.

Now unless their is such an amazing situation that I feel that I want to take advantage of.

Strenght of defense, home field advantage,weather, usage the last game, coach speak during the week, and if your going to be at your mother-in-laws for a holiday

I also factor in what Vegas says regarding the over/under when deciding between 2-3 "like" players & usually go with the player with the highest projected game total. Vegas is more right than wrong.

To start the season I always start the players I drafted as starters first week.

Then I evaluate from there on out, who has the hot hand, how the team is playing. , if its a wr how his is Qb playing.

And of course there is always matchups, which is usually the trump card.

And almost never make any ww moves for the first three weeks.

Now unless their is such an amazing situation that I feel that I want to take advantage of.

I will start Conner in flex if Bell doesn't suit up

Before the season starts, we really don't know which defenses will be good, so I don't know that matchups matter for a little while. Go with your starters unless there's a clear issue--for example, maybe you're a little hesitant to roll out Doug Baldwin or Rex Burkhead because they've dealt with injuries through preseason.

Talent first, matchups second in the first few weeks. And then once we actually have data as to what matchups mean, you can flip that for the flex/WR3 types on your roster.