Sign in to follow this  
rotisserieking

WTF? Most bizarre draft I've ever been part of

I joined a 16 team IDP (LB only!?) league and the draft was yesterday at 3. So we get into the Yahoo draft room and start up and after a few picks the commish chats "hey guys, I had 2 teams drop out 5 minutes before the draft so not sure what to do". Meanwhile David Johnson inexplicably falls to me at #5 while everyone is chatting deciding what to do. So decision is made to kill the league, start another with only 14 teams and have another draft at 7pm. Well that certainly sucked and total bush league on those 2 owners for dropping literally right before the draft.

So the second draft starts in the first round the guy at #4 takes...Aldrick Rosas, Giants kicker :shocking: . Draft continues and same owner proceeds to take Teddy Bridgewater with his 5th pick, Tyler Higbee at 6, Trevor Davis at 7 and then caps off his "amazing" draft with Trevor Siemian at #11. So his two QBs are Bridgewater and Siemian. He drafted both while Manning, Rivers, Cousins, Ryan, Dalton, Carr, Luck, Mariota, Dak, Winston, Alex Smith, and Goff were still on the board. WTF?!

There were multiple kickers taken in the first 7 rounds while passing over starting RBs and WRs. The whole evening (both drafts and the situation) was absolutely crazy.

I ended up with

QB Rivers, Manning

RB Kamara, Cook, McCoy, Breida, Penny

WR Cooper, Robinson, Anderson, Cobb, Hurns, Moncrief

TE Howard, Watson (very weak)

K Vinatieri

D Arizona

LB Kirksey

I joined a 16 team IDP (LB only!?) league and the draft was yesterday at 3. So we get into the Yahoo draft room and start up and after a few picks the commish chats "hey guys, I had 2 teams drop out 5 minutes before the draft so not sure what to do". Meanwhile David Johnson inexplicably falls to me at #5 while everyone is chatting deciding what to do. So decision is made to kill the league, start another with only 14 teams and have another draft at 7pm. Well that certainly sucked and total bush league on those 2 owners for dropping literally right before the draft.

So the second draft starts in the first round the guy at #4 takes...Aldrick Rosas, Giants kicker :shocking: . Draft continues and same owner proceeds to take Teddy Bridgewater with his 5th pick, Tyler Higbee at 6, Trevor Davis at 7 and then caps off his "amazing" draft with Trevor Siemian at #11. So his two QBs are Bridgewater and Siemian. He drafted both while Manning, Rivers, Cousins, Ryan, Dalton, Carr, Luck, Mariota, Dak, Winston, Alex Smith, and Goff were still on the board. WTF?!

There were multiple kickers taken in the first 7 rounds while passing over starting RBs and WRs. The whole evening (both drafts and the situation) was absolutely crazy.

I ended up with

QB Rivers, Manning

RB Kamara, Cook, McCoy, Breida, Penny

WR Cooper, Robinson, Anderson, Cobb, Hurns, Moncrief

TE Howard, Watson (very weak)

K Vinatieri

D Arizona

LB Kirksey

You drafted with a bunch of idiots and that was the best you could do?

• Like 1

You drafted with a bunch of idiots and that was the best you could do?

I was typing the exact same statement before I realized you had beat me to it. The real WTF moment is how is the OP's team SO bad if the entire league sucked as bad as he said they did. :shocking:

I was typing the exact same statement before I realized you had beat me to it. The real WTF moment is how is the OP's team SO bad if the entire league sucked as bad as he said they did. :shocking:

It is a 16 teamer. If maybe six of the people were idiots, that still leaves a 10 team league, with a couple good players going to the idiots somewhere in there. OP's team is just mediocre (not terrible) in that light.

It is a 16 teamer. If maybe six of the people were idiots, that still leaves a 10 team league, with a couple good players going to the idiots somewhere in there. OP's team is just mediocre (not terrible) in that light.

This is a valid point.

the talent dilution in a 16 team league is rather serious compared to say a 10 or 12 team league but given that assumption I'd guess this might be a playoff team but I dont think it will win any championships.

This is a great post other than the fact that the league is actually a 14 teamer.

:thumbsup:

This is a great post other than the fact that the league is actually a 14 teamer.

:thumbsup:

Oh yeah. When I read the post originally, I thought he'd said they got two replacements, but clearly that's wrong.

Still, a 14 teamer with a couple of idiots still makes that team he got something north of terrible. Just more mediocre :)