Sign in to follow this  
DonS

Lions D/ST facing Jets with Sam Darnold

How many of you D/ST streamers are rolling with the Lions week 1 now that Darnold has been named the starter?

I ended up drafting PIT due to their matchup against CLE week 1, but I'm starting to consider DET instead. Tyrod Taylor is well known for his play-it-safe mentality while obviously Darnold is a rookie who could get rattled in his first game. Another factor is DET is at home under prime time lights of MNF while PIT is on the road.

Have them on both of my teams already.

Have a third draft tonight, since I draft def very late I hope to pick them up again.

I'd stay with PIT who faces KC in week 2 (Mahomes was having some issues with interceptions in camp...fwiw) and Fitzpatrick at the helm for TB in week 3.

While DET might have some difficulties against the up and coming Garoppolo in week 2, I wouldn't have any enthusiasm for running them up against NE in week 3.

I probably wont keep the Lions def after week one.

So I dont stream def and look at it that way.

I just go by that weekends matchup.

Team like the jags rams and ravens are long gone when I draft a def.

Definitely like the Lions def vs the Jets over Pit vs the Browns.

I think the Browns will give the over rated Steelers a very good game, I think the Browns will win.

Picked up lions in both leagues to start here. Its not as juicy as Baltimore, but its as good a shot as any other.

Next week Ill prob drop them if theres a better matchup.

Lions are at home vs. a rookie QB, Steelers on the road against a much improved offense/veteran QB. It's a no-brainer to stream with the Lions this week. I'm starting the Lions D with confidence in all 3 of my leagues.

The Lion's defense is going to be awful this season. They have arguably the worst front 7 in football. They can't stop the run and they generate zero pressure. The Jets will run and play defense to protect Darnold but Darnold will not have a poor game.

Look elsewhere for your Week 1 streaming defense.

Oh, I'm a diehard Lions fan fyi...

Agree with handbanana, Lions homer and defense has looked awful, did nothing to improve it either and patricias NE defense were slow to start season

would stay away!

I am playing darnold over tyrod as my second qb in a 2 qb league.

I would consider about any D playing the Jets, especially with a rookie making his first start, the Lions weren't bad last season either

Drafted Chi D with my last pick in my draft. Saw they were facing GB on the road. Promptly dropped them for Detroit at home against a rookie qb and terrible offense.

Drafted Chi D with my last pick in my draft. Saw they were facing GB on the road. Promptly dropped them for Detroit at home against a rookie qb and terrible offense.

Lol, I would have done the same thing.

They're both pretty much streaming D's any way

Pre-draft season-long rankings for defenses are worthless considering 70% or so stream in some form.

Websites like this would be better served providing week 1 rankings for defenses - everyone who drafted the Texans and Bears for their season-long ranking have likely already dropped them.

The Lions have looked like garbage this preseason. Matt Patricia will just be another Belichik tree disappointment. I wouldn't trust their D against the local peewee team

I’m glad they looked like garbage in the preseason.

Because now it’s going to be the regular season.

Yeah I now have them on all three of my teams.

Go Blue.

I am a lifelong lions fan. I have zero confidence in their d...for life.

I have confidence in their def for one week vs a rookie Qb.

A rookie Qb on he road.

With Stafford and company moving the ball and scoring.

I see two pick sixes.

I keep seeing the the Lions were a top 5 fantasy def in 2017. They finished 12 in my league but only had two games with negative points. I'm rolling with them for now.

Massive overthinking in this thread with people naysaying the lions dst vs a rookie on the road. Start the lions.

I only need for the Lions to be good once, and this weekend would be that once.

You should be able to roll with Chicago week 1 :ninja:

Historically you couldn't find a shittier fantasy football player picking defenses, so all of you should be concerned with Detroit or Chicago.

I am a lifelong lions fan. I have zero confidence in their d...for life.

i stand by my statement.

Ouch.

Ok back to it next week.

The Lion's defense is going to be awful this season. They have arguably the worst front 7 in football. They can't stop the run and they generate zero pressure. The Jets will run and play defense to protect Darnold but Darnold will not have a poor game.

Look elsewhere for your Week 1 streaming defense.

Oh, I'm a diehard Lions fan fyi...

I stand by my statement as well. This team is 2008 bad...

• Like 1