Sign in to follow this  
scottybo

#4 in PPR today

I actually had Bell at #4 on my original PPR list behind Gurley, Johnson and Zeke. Personally I had Kamara ahead of Antonio Brown, so I guess it would like like this:

Gurley

Johnson

Zeke

Kamara

Brown

Gordon

Although, since I'm a serial RB hoarder, I might even take Gordon over Brown at the 5th pick. :dunno:

I actually had Bell at #4 on my original PPR list behind Gurley, Johnson and Zeke. Personally I had Kamara ahead of Antonio Brown, so I guess it would like like this:

Gurley

Johnson

Zeke

Kamara

Brown

Gordon

Although, since I'm a serial RB hoarder, I might even take Gordon over Brown at the 5th pick. :dunno:

You should add Fournette to that list. Something tells me this is going to be a great year for him. Also, on Gordon, while I reluctantly admit that he is a pretty safe RB, I am not his biggest fan. If he gets stuffed a few more times at the goal line, then his points will drastically decrease. Sometimes it just happens, guys who shouldn't get stuffed do.

Not listing Bell in the top 9 is a mistake. Even if he misses this week and does little next week, what did he do the final 14 games last year? It's not ideal, but you should be able to absorb a hit early on before byes to get a top 3 scorer for majority of the season.

After Gurley and DJohn, I'd have to say it's probably Kamara and then Elliott or AB. But I wouldn't take anyone else after that above Bell and, at 4, I'd probably take Bell. Swing for the fences!

Of course, hopefully, someone takes this question away from you and takes Bell, leaving you a "safer" choice like Kamara, Elliott, or AB.

I have the 5 pick in my draft tonight and I've already taken Bell off my first round draft board. Only way I'd roll the dice now would be round 2.

Elliot kind of scares me this year. Oline is banged up. No WR or TE that scares anyone so more 8 man fronts and force dak to pass. I would say i'm torn between antonio brown, kamara, bell or elliot. If I go bell, forces you to take connor earlier than expected. 7th or 8th round in 12 team league?

You should add Fournette to that list. Something tells me this is going to be a great year for him. Also, on Gordon, while I reluctantly admit that he is a pretty safe RB, I am not his biggest fan. If he gets stuffed a few more times at the goal line, then his points will drastically decrease. Sometimes it just happens, guys who shouldn't get stuffed do.

I'm quite high on Fournette as well, he or McCaffrey would probably be next in my list. Barkley is my wild card in there, being a rookie and I actually took him at 6th in one draft (before Bell holdout became a real issue). I read some surprising stats on Fournette in the passing game that made me re-think him a bit and I agree, he may have a really good season. I honestly think the ceiling for him and McCaffrey may be higher than Gordon, but I think Gordon has the safer floor. If Fournette is able to add more receptions this year and gets used more on 3rd down, IMO he's better suited to hold up to the pounding for a season than Gordon or McCaffrey is.

Not listing Bell in the top 9 is a mistake. Even if he misses this week and does little next week, what did he do the final 14 games last year? It's not ideal, but you should be able to absorb a hit early on before byes to get a top 3 scorer for majority of the season.

After Gurley and DJohn, I'd have to say it's probably Kamara and then Elliott or AB. But I wouldn't take anyone else after that above Bell and, at 4, I'd probably take Bell. Swing for the fences!

Of course, hopefully, someone takes this question away from you and takes Bell, leaving you a "safer" choice like Kamara, Elliott, or AB.

It's not a mistake at all. Top 5 rbs bust, flat out bust all the time. I can't believe people are taking that huge risk in week 1. Isn't the 1st round all about mitigating risk? Bell is the epitome of a lesson we learn by the end of the year. If he misses 7 games, you are probably SOL unless you draft Conner and he is close to what Bell is. There are so many good options in round 1, why take that risk??

It's not a mistake at all. Top 5 rbs bust, flat out bust all the time. I can't believe people are taking that huge risk in week 1. Isn't the 1st round all about mitigating risk? Bell is the epitome of a lesson we learn by the end of the year. If he misses 7 games, you are probably SOL unless you draft Conner and he is close to what Bell is. There are so many good options in round 1, why take that risk??

I'm with you. The longer he holds out, the higher the bust potential goes. Every game is 1/15th of a season for us as owners and also vastly increases his injury risk. I might consider him at the end of the 1st,/early 2nd, but if he's stays out for 10 games, then comes back and either dogs it because he doesn't want to hurt himself, or does in fact hurt himself, there's no way it was worth it. The bust potential is just getting higher by the day.

I'm with you. The longer he holds out, the higher the bust potential goes. Every game is 1/15th of a season for us as owners and also vastly increases his injury risk. I might consider him at the end of the 1st,/early 2nd, but if he's stays out for 10 games, then comes back and either dogs it because he doesn't want to hurt himself, or does in fact hurt himself, there's no way it was worth it. The bust potential is just getting higher by the day.

Yep. Bell is that guy you don't draft, but you hope you can trade for him later in the season just in case. Load up on items you can trade FOR Bell

Zeke and Hunt

Gordon

outside the box, a lock to finish top 6 imo with the opportunity to be a top 2 producer this year

Chargers oline much improved, another year with a run first head coach, and commitment to the passing game role