Sign in to follow this  
pee-diddy

J. Conner-- trade value?

I realize it's pretty early in the season to trade, but I"m sure it's still happening, given this situation. Just curious what folks are getting/paying for Conner in your leagues? I imagine a lot of owners are holding, which is wise. But if Bell reports soon, Conner's value takes a hit after Week 1 or 2. So people might be cashing in now. Double-edged sword for Conner owners (will Bell sit for a while or report soon?).

I am not trading him unless I get something of real value in return. The owner of Bell only has two players I want on his entiire roster, Adams and Mixon. I told the owner that's who I wanted, he said he donated then if Bell doesn't report and that is the price he has to pay. My team, imo, is stacked. So even combining Conner with my 4th rb Hyde isn't worth getting MIxon, because I like Hyde so much this year.

I am sure in other leagues it's different though. It would be nice to be able to trade with a Bell owner who has a lot to offer on his roster.

No one will give you anything for him in actual real life. You will,just hear talk about how you plan on getting someones RB2 for your waiver pickup and its not going to happen.

• Like 1

I gave Mike Williams for Conner just yesterday. Seemed fair and reasonable for both teams; I own Bell there, and the other team is very thin at receiver, probably relying on matchups for most of his WR lineup choices, so Williams was actually useful to him. I should also point that this league has big starting lineups and 24-player rosters, so there are not many players of interest on waivers.

In a dynasty league, I also picked Conner up off waivers this week for 6% of FAAB. Owners in that league are always hesitant to make early season acquisitions, which may have depressed his price somewhat.

Working fuller and Connor with Baldwin owner right now.....we shall see. He is deep at wr and shallow at rb. I’m preying on a week 1 insecure owner who didn’t appropriately plan.

The idea of people trading their 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round pick for a couple of late round guys who may only be a one week fill in is ludicrous.

Everyone thinks they can turn their trash into treasure. People will try to sell you Conner as if he’s Bell lite.

Working fuller and Connor with Baldwin owner right now.....we shall see. He is deep at wr and shallow at rb. Im preying on a week 1 insecure owner who didnt appropriately plan.

I wouldn't do that. I am skiddish on Baldwin with his knee issue.

I am looking for a solid #2 wr in return for Conner. The Bell owner in my league has Hogan. I think that is a fair trade.

I am looking for a solid #2 wr in return for Conner. The Bell owner in my league has Hogan. I think that is a fair trade.

Zero chance he goes for that. He would rather just ride it out with what he’s got and see what happens. Go after his rb4/5 or wr3.

As someone who just traded for Conner in a league where I own Bell (see above), I think you are aiming too high. You probably aren't going to get a clear starter unless Bell actually says that he's not reporting til week 10.

Looking at the WRs I had in that league, I wouldn't dream of dealing AJ Green, Watkins, or Allen Robinson for Conner. I ended up trading Mike Williams, and would have considered moving Lockett or Chris Godwin instead if the other owner had preferred one of them.

I think his trade value will be determined on Saturday/Sunday. If Bell reports, you have to hold onto Connor because he's really only worth RB2 price for 2 games at max, but you still have at least a chance of Bell getting injured because he's not in game shape. If Bell does not report, then you could be looking at 10 weeks of Connor and his prices becomes potential later RB1/RB2 for the bulk of the season. If he performs well on Sunday it gives better estimate to his value long term.

You can get something for Conner, but it's going to have to be Conner plus a player for a player you missed out on.

Take Royce Freeman for example. Love Freeman but he went 1 pick before you? You may have the right rb plus Conner for him. If you want an upgrade, the best you can do is ask the Bell owner. I bet most people don't even realize Conners true value. I wouldn't give him away for anything but a useful asset. What's the point in getting a rb4 in return unless it's someone like Carlos Hyde, whom is a rb 3 to a lot of people

Here's the risk for Bell owners if they don't grab Connor.

What "IF" Connor starts this weekend and goes off for 150 yards, 2TD on the ground and 60 yard and 1 TD receiving?

Will it happen? Probably not...but there's a term for this.

"On any given Sunday"

You can get something for Conner, but it's going to have to be Conner plus a player for a player you missed out on.

Take Royce Freeman for example. Love Freeman but he went 1 pick before you? You may have the right rb plus Conner for him. If you want an upgrade, the best you can do is ask the Bell owner. I bet most people don't even realize Conners true value. I wouldn't give him away for anything but a useful asset. What's the point in getting a rb4 in return unless it's someone like Carlos Hyde, whom is a rb 3 to a lot of people

of you own conor you know his value.

For trade value, just see where is he getting drafted now.

Good call. He is probably worth a Mike Williams or Keenan Cole. Nobody is going to pay top dollar for him, even as a throw in on a trade. As a Connor owner the best that you can do is hope that you get 2-3 starts out of him as a solid flex play. That could put you in position to contend for the playoffs and maybe make some trades down the road for win now teams.

Good call. He is probably worth a Mike Williams or Keenan Cole. Nobody is going to pay top dollar for him, even as a throw in on a trade. As a Connor owner the best that you can do is hope that you get 2-3 starts out of him as a solid flex play. That could put you in position to contend for the playoffs and maybe make some trades down the road for win now teams.

Already have Cole on my roster. So yeah that's out the window

I tried to package Alex Smith and Conner to the Bell owner for Mahomes, but he wasn't interested in trading Mahomes. He said it was a reasonable offer though, so at least I was in the right ballpark.

In general I would put Conner's trade value to a Bell owner somewhere in the neighbhourhood of Conner + player for slightly better player. I don't think you're going to have much luck trading Conner on his own for anything useful unless you play in a larger than 12 team league where the value of less good players is still startable.

Connor has value to trade. I'm thinking the real value is trading another asset and letting Connor replace that hole for free.

Rex Burkhead and Carlos Hyde my current flex RBs. I'll move one for a WR upgrade and have Connor for my 4th RB.

Rumors floating out that he is reporting week 10. Source is sketchy but it'll be interesting to see. Also I can keep Connor for next year.

Connor and Hurns for Njoku and E. Sanders

Trade was valuable from both perspectives. I need Sanders to bounce back or the trade doesn't do much for me. If Bell actually holds out I will lose this trade handily.

Connor and Hurns for Njoku and E. Sanders

Depends how needy you are for Sanders at wr. Unless your starting te is Ebron, Njoku is not worth much to you. Connors value would be worth more to you potentially than him.

Depends how needy you are for Sanders at wr. Unless your starting te is Ebron, Njoku is not worth much to you. Connors value would be worth more to you potentially than him.

Sanders replaces Hurns at WR3

Njoku replaces ASJ.

But your point is the same. If Bell holds out, the trade is a slaughter.

Connors value is only a little higher right now than it would be if Bell had shown up Monday. Hes a back up to the best in the game with the possibility of 1 game as a starter right now. Whos going to cripple their season by trading away their second round pick for that? Yall dumb. If you really want to trade him, wait until he does well week 1 and Bell continues to hold out, then you might get someone to sell low on a week one poor performer. Or keep him cause you cant beat a RB1 you got in the 15th round no matter what your team looks like

As a Conner owner going against the Bell owner, I thought about making him a trade offer but decided to just advise him to rename his team to the No Bell Prize Winners

12 team, 0.5 PPR

I gave Conner and Cole

I received Hogan

Started draft taking DJ, Mixon, Freeman so needed the upgrade at WR.

Personally, in the 3 leagues I have him, I'm hoping for around 75-100 yards & a TD the first game so I can upgrade my WRs fast.

Strike while the iron is hot.

Personally, in the 3 leagues I have him, I'm hoping for around 75-100 yards & a TD the first game so I can upgrade my WRs fast.

Strike while the iron is hot.

Wont happen. No one will give you a good wr and they will just say Bell will be back soon regardless of what the news says. You could get an upside wr3 maybe or a wr2 who has a bad game if you package Conner with a wr3 who has a good game. People get very shortsighted after week 1.

I agree with tanatastic. If you do have Conner, your best bet is just hold onto him and play him as long as he's useful to your roster.

Yep. Gotta hold. This guy could be a solid RB2 ROS until Bell shows up. If he explodes, then maybe you package him for something better in value.

But a nice RB2 that you got in the late rounds is great to have.

Yep. Gotta hold. This guy could be a solid RB2 ROS until Bell shows up. If he explodes, then maybe you package him for something better in value.

But a nice RB2 that you got in the late rounds is great to have.

You're killing my buzz. In my mind it's top 5 or bust for Conner.

Pitt and Conner have a pretty friendly schedule to begin the year:

@CLE

KC (DEF not what it once was)

@ TB (MNF)

That's pretty friendly if you ask me.

Pitt and Conner have a pretty friendly schedule to begin the year:

@CLE

KC (DEF not what it once was)

@ TB (MNF)

That's pretty friendly if you ask me.

The defenses in Cleveland and Tampa are going to be much better than what you think.